meditation and human neuroplasticity.

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2006
      Recently thanks to Richard Davidson meditation and human
      neuroplasticity has become a subject of great interest among the brain
      scientists. What is the view/experience of the members of the
      meditation society of America?

      regards,
      Jogeshwar
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 26, 2006
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
        <jogeshwarmahanta@y...> wrote:

        > Recently thanks to Richard Davidson meditation and human
        > neuroplasticity has become a subject of great interest among the
        brain
        > scientists. What is the view/experience of the members of the
        > meditation society of America?
        >
        > regards,
        > Jogeshwar

        Yo Sri Jogeshwar,
        There is no doubt anymore that meditation
        has a very beneficial effect on us
        neurologically/physically, and emotionally
        and mentally as well. This has been validated
        by studies done by Dr Davidson and many others.
        But this is something that has been known
        experientially for centuries by millions of
        meditators, and my take on it is that one hour of
        meditation reveals more about meditation than a
        thousand papers written about it can. What is your
        own experience? I am interested and would like to
        know, if you (or others) would care to share.
      • jogeshwarmahanta
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 26, 2006
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > --- In
          > <jogeshwarmahanta@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Recently thanks to Richard Davidson meditation and human
          > > neuroplasticity has become a subject of great interest among the
          > brain
          > > scientists. What is the view/experience of the members of the
          > > meditation society of America?
          > >
          > > regards,
          > > Jogeshwar
          > >
          > Yo Sri Jogeshwar,
          > There is no doubt anymore that meditation
          > has a very beneficial effect on us
          > neurologically/physically, and emotionally
          > and mentally as well. This has been validated
          > by studies done by Dr Davidson and many others.
          > But this is something that has been known
          > experientially for centuries by millions of
          > meditators, and my take on it is that one hour of
          > meditation reveals more about meditation than a
          > thousand papers written about it can. What is your
          > own experience? I am interested and would like to
          > know, if you (or others) would care to share.
          > Peace and blessings,
          > Bob

          "and my take on it is that one hour of
          > meditation reveals more about meditation than a
          > thousand papers written about it can. What is your
          > own experience?"

          Hello Bob

          The extracted portion of your post is of great significance
          and virtually this is the very objective of this forum. I was
          waiting for such a time when members of would like to share each
          others' experiences. I am happy that you have initiated that time. I
          shall post my experiences after some time and we shall continue to
          share. I hope, meanwhile, others start posing their experiences.

          regards,
          Jogeshwar