Question about death and souls

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 18, 2002
      Question from Email:

      Thanks for the great website. I have a question: in meditation #40,
      you mentioned that if a person has their ashes put out to sea they
      would be eaten by fish which could then be eaten by a human being, or
      that if ashes were put to the land they could nourish a plant which
      was ate by another human and so one could then become a part of the
      cells etc. This raises some questions for me:

      1. What happens if, instead of being thrown to the land or sea ones
      ashes are placed in the ground in an urn? It could be thousands and
      thousands of years before the urn would disintegrate (we are still
      finding pottery from Neanderthal man - 10,000 years ago)
      2. Are the only people who gain 'eternal life' those who are lucky
      enough to have their ashes eaten by a fish, or part of something else
      exhaled or breathed by a human, and what happens to the souls of
      people not lucky enough for this to happen?

      Thanks again for the answers, and I look forward to your reply.

      Peace.
    • G <crystalkundalini@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 18, 2002
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Question from Email:
        >
        > Thanks for the great website. I have a question: in meditation #40,
        > you mentioned that if a person has their ashes put out to sea they
        > would be eaten by fish which could then be eaten by a human being,
        or
        > that if ashes were put to the land they could nourish a plant which
        > was ate by another human and so one could then become a part of the
        > cells etc. This raises some questions for me:
        >
        > 1. What happens if, instead of being thrown to the land or sea ones
        > ashes are placed in the ground in an urn? It could be thousands
        and
        > thousands of years before the urn would disintegrate (we are still
        > finding pottery from Neanderthal man - 10,000 years ago)
        > 2. Are the only people who gain 'eternal life' those who are lucky
        > enough to have their ashes eaten by a fish, or part of something
        else
        > exhaled or breathed by a human, and what happens to the souls of
        > people not lucky enough for this to happen?
        >
        > Thanks again for the answers, and I look forward to your reply.
        >
        > Peace.

        G: the souls (mind tendancies and subtle body) go onwards to a new
        adventure ..... it is simply the discarded form that is being re-
        cycled by nature.... so have no fear about a soul not being lucky
        enough to be integrated back into the eco-system....

        shanti shanti Maha Shanti Om ...g...