Weekly Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 32 , Jan 14, 2006
      "We are made to live and made to serve. But we
      unnecessarily take the credit for ourselves.
      We think we are making everything happen. It's
      the wrong way of thinking. That's what you call
      `ignorance.' When you put your name to something,
      you become responsible. You make yourself happy,
      or unhappy, because of that and you go through
      turmoil. So, always remember you are here because
      God wanted you to be here, to do His job. He has
      hired you, if I could say so, and you are performing
      His duties, until you get fired. That way, you will
      always feel happy. You will know that God is working
      through you. You will say, `Nothing belongs to me.'
      You didn't bring anything with you; you are not going
      to take anything with you. So, you're totally free.
      Your mind has no chance of getting agitated, or losing
      its peace.

      God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      For more by and about Swamiji:
      http://www.yogaville.org
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 3, 2009
        What Makes You Beautiful?

        "The more you worry about your weight,
        the more sick you become. The worry itself
        causes increase in weight because many
        people eat a lot when they worry. The more
        you think of weight, the more weight you
        will have. As you think, so you become.
        Worry is the most dangerous disease. Keep
        the mind healthy always. If someone doesn't
        want to like you because of your weight, that
        person is interested only in your flesh, not
        in your qualities. What will make a person
        beautiful? The beauty of wisdom that dawns
        through tranquility of mind. We have enough
        troubles and worries. Yogis should not be
        bothered with weight issues. Let us think
        of more important things in life that could
        bring peace, joy and harmony.

        For more by and about Swamiji:
        http://yogaville.org/