Another look at Re: Realisation ...not Salvation of Lord

    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 31, 2005
      <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:

      > > Jody wrote:
      > > > The delusion that one is the incarnation of
      > > > God is like the delusion that one is Jesus Christ.
      > > >
      > > > Neither claim would be made by a spiritually evolved
      > > > person, in my opinion.
      > >
      > > In answer to an email about "Why is Jody after this
      > > Datta? And why does he care at all?"
      > >
      > > IMHO, at least semi-seriously, humility and compassion
      > > are the foremost characteristics one would see in a
      > > spiritualized person, and any claim of Divinity is so
      > > over the top of the humility barrel that it makes
      > > it easy to be suspect of the claimant. I feel that
      > > Jodyji shows his compassion in action by pointing out
      > > those who he feels may be a wrong turn in seekers
      > > quest for Truth. And it is up to the readers to take
      > > his advise or not. Personally, I appreciate the effort
      > > and am sure it is all well intended.
      > > Peace and blessings,
      > > Bob
      >
      > Thanks, Bob. But it's not really about Datta's
      > qualifications as a guru. It's about the idea that
      > he is an incarnation of God more than anyone else.
      >
      > Datta represents all that is wrong with spiritual
      > culture: the idea that spiritual understanding
      > makes you anything more than a human being who knows
      > who they are. There is no magic, miracles, special
      > visions or visitations involved. *Any* of these are
      > objects of the senses.
      >
      > **Higher than the senses are the objects of the sense.
      > **Higher than the objects of sense is the mind;
      > **And higher than the mind is the intellect.
      > **Higher than the intellect is the Great Self.
      > --Katha Upanishad
      >
      > Everything Datta is talking about are objects
      > of the sense. His supposed status as that who
      > incarnated as Jesus, Buddha, etc, and his supposed
      > access to the infinite power of God, which he
      > refuses to demonstrate, of course.
      >
      > Datta's claims about himself are perfectly
      > preposterous. That's why I care about what
      > he says here, and I want him and everyone
      > else to know it, until you ask me to cease
      > and desist that is.

      Jodyji,
      I can't imagine (well, I guess I could imagine:-)
      ever not being glad that you fight the good fight
      against those who would delude people concerning
      the most important thing of all - their spiritual
      well-being and potential for the evolution of their
      consciousness (or some similar lofty sounding thing:-).
      In so many cases you have gotten people to reveal
      themselves for who they really are amazingly well.
      Your comments have often brought about responses by your
      "targets" that provide the exact reactions that perfectly
      prove your point about them. So, please pat yourself on
      your spiritual back for me, and as St Crumb would say...
      "Keep on keeping on!"
    • jodyrrr
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
        <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

        > MATTHEW 7 : 13 AND 14
        >
        > "Enter by the narrow gate, for wide is the gate
        > and broad is the way that leads to destruction
        > and there are many who go in by it".

        More self-serving nonsense from the deluded mind
        of Swami Datta.
      • jodyrrr
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
          <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

          [snip]

          > Under such circumstances nobody else than the Lord
          > Datta can clear the situation. The `Satguru' Himself
          > has to come down who is the Lord in the human form. T
          > his is the reason why Lord Datta Himself started coming
          > down to this world in human form in the present age.

          You're nuttier than a Christmas fruitcake, Datta.
        • jodyrrr
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Reynold Wingate
            <reystar99@y...> wrote:

            > Jodyji, please keep posting your views. I have not
            > missed anything you wrote so far. It helps people like
            > me from being swept away by a deluge of writings, no
            > matter how well intentioned they are.
            >
            > Rey

            Thanks, Rey.

            I'll keep posting as long as Bobji lets me.
            I can't seem to escape my compulsion to tell
            these grandiose egoists anything else, anyway.

            --jody.