Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Realisation of self-knowledge - - Is it not Salvation & achievement of Lord

  • prakki surya
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 31, 2005
      Q) Why Lord Datta is becoming famous in these days?
      A) In the previous ages the people were with high spiritual standard. There was no much need preaching the divine knowledge. Even if there was a small necessity, the servants and disciples of Lord Datta used to come as human incarnation. They could solve the minor problems and used to leave the world. But today the situation is completely different. The spiritual standard has fallen. Generally, when the standard falls the people become ignorant. It is easy to teach the ignorant person and a scholar. Therefore in the present situation, if the people were simply ignorant, it would have been very easy to preach them. But today the spiritual standard is less and the people have become very very intelligent.

      The meaning of Veda is twisted to suit their convenience. At the same time they want the highest result. For Ex: Geeta says that the fruit of the work should be sacrifice (Karmajam Bhudhi Yuktahi Phalam Tyaktva) and says further that if one sacrifices the desire for the fruit of the work, he can easily sacrifice the fruit of the work. The reason for not sacrificing the fruit of the work was found to be the one desiring for the fruit of the work. Therefore desire for the fruit of the work is to be sacrificed so that one can sacrifice the fruit of the work easily. But the people have taken the essence of Geeta as the sacrifice of the desire of the fruit of the work and not the sacrifice of the fruit of the work. Thus Geeta is misinterpreted and the sacrifice of fruit of work is buried because it is not convenient due to their love on their families and greediness. One sacrifices the desire for the fruit of the work and enjoys the fruit of the work. He says that he will get salvation because he followed Geeta. Similarly Veda says that one can attain by the salvation by the sacrifice of money (Dhanena Tyagena). But people have introduced the work ‘na’ which means no before the word ‘Dhanena’.

      Veda is twisted and a wrong meaning is extracted like this: One cannot attain the Lord by earning, enjoying and sacrifice of money. This led to the inaction. People have become lazy and do not work to earn the money. They started depending on others claiming themselves as saints. Like this real meaning of Veda was twisted in a wrong path was established. People have become very talented in creating such twisted meanings. Thus in Kaliyuga people are not ignorant, but they have become over intelligent. The development of science also made them to analyze the spiritual concepts with opposing tendency. Scientists have become atheists forgetting that science is also a divine knowledge given by the Lord called as ‘Pravrutti’.

      Under such circumstances nobody else than the Lord Datta can clear the situation. The ‘Satguru’ Himself has to come down who is the Lord in the human form. This is the reason why Lord Datta Himself started coming down to this world in human form in the present age.

        posted by: His servant
        at the lotus feet of shri datta swami
        www.universal-spirituality.org

      jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:
      The delusion that one is the incarnation of
      God is like the delusion that one is Jesus Christ.

      Neither claim would be made by a spiritually evolved
      person, in my opinion.

    • Reynold Wingate
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 31, 2005
        Jodyji, please keep posting your views. I have not
        missed anything you wrote so far. It helps people like
        me from being swept away by a deluge of writings, no
        matter how well intentioned they are.

        Rey
        --- jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        medit8ionsociety
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > > > "The delusion that you are God is more
        spiritually
        > > > evolved than the delusion that you are not God."
        > > > Kir Li Molari
        >
        > Jody wrote:
        > > The delusion that one is the incarnation of
        > > God is like the delusion that one is Jesus Christ.
        > >
        > > Neither claim would be made by a spiritually
        evolved
        > > person, in my opinion.
        >
        > In answer to an email about "Why is Jody after this
        > Datta? And why does he care at all?"
        >
        > IMHO, at least semi-seriously, humility and
        compassion
        > are the foremost characteristics one would see in a
        > spiritualized person, and any claim of Divinity is
        so
        > over the top of the humility barrel that it makes
        > it easy to be suspect of the claimant. I feel that
        > Jodyji shows his compassion in action by pointing
        out
        > those who he feels may be a wrong turn in seekers
        > quest for Truth. And it is up to the readers to take
        > his advise or not. Personally, I appreciate the
        effort
        > and am sure it is all well intended.
        > Peace and blessings,
        > Bob

        Thanks, Bob. But it's not really about Datta's
        qualifications as a guru. It's about the idea that
        he is an incarnation of God more than anyone else.

        Datta represents all that is wrong with spiritual
        culture: the idea that spiritual understanding
        makes you anything more than a human being who knows
        who they are. There is no magic, miracles, special
        visions or visitations involved. *Any* of these are
        objects of the senses.

        **Higher than the senses are the objects of the sense.
        **Higher than the objects of sense is the mind;
        **And higher than the mind is the intellect.
        **Higher than the intellect is the Great Self.
        --Katha Upanishad

        Everything Datta is talking about are objects
        of the sense. His supposed status as that who
        incarnated as Jesus, Buddha, etc, and his supposed
        access to the infinite power of God, which he
        refuses to demonstrate, of course.

        Datta's claims about himself are perfectly
        preposterous. That's why I care about what
        he says here, and I want him and everyone
        else to know it, until you ask me to cease
        and desist that is.

        Terms of Service.

        ---------------------------------

        __________________________________
        Meet your soulmate!
        Yahoo! Asia presents Meetic - where millions of singles gather
        http://asia.yahoo.com/meetic
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 31, 2005
          <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:

          > > Jody wrote:
          > > > The delusion that one is the incarnation of
          > > > God is like the delusion that one is Jesus Christ.
          > > >
          > > > Neither claim would be made by a spiritually evolved
          > > > person, in my opinion.
          > >
          > > In answer to an email about "Why is Jody after this
          > > Datta? And why does he care at all?"
          > >
          > > IMHO, at least semi-seriously, humility and compassion
          > > are the foremost characteristics one would see in a
          > > spiritualized person, and any claim of Divinity is so
          > > over the top of the humility barrel that it makes
          > > it easy to be suspect of the claimant. I feel that
          > > Jodyji shows his compassion in action by pointing out
          > > those who he feels may be a wrong turn in seekers
          > > quest for Truth. And it is up to the readers to take
          > > his advise or not. Personally, I appreciate the effort
          > > and am sure it is all well intended.
          > > Peace and blessings,
          > > Bob
          >
          > Thanks, Bob. But it's not really about Datta's
          > qualifications as a guru. It's about the idea that
          > he is an incarnation of God more than anyone else.
          >
          > Datta represents all that is wrong with spiritual
          > culture: the idea that spiritual understanding
          > makes you anything more than a human being who knows
          > who they are. There is no magic, miracles, special
          > visions or visitations involved. *Any* of these are
          > objects of the senses.
          >
          > **Higher than the senses are the objects of the sense.
          > **Higher than the objects of sense is the mind;
          > **And higher than the mind is the intellect.
          > **Higher than the intellect is the Great Self.
          > --Katha Upanishad
          >
          > Everything Datta is talking about are objects
          > of the sense. His supposed status as that who
          > incarnated as Jesus, Buddha, etc, and his supposed
          > access to the infinite power of God, which he
          > refuses to demonstrate, of course.
          >
          > Datta's claims about himself are perfectly
          > preposterous. That's why I care about what
          > he says here, and I want him and everyone
          > else to know it, until you ask me to cease
          > and desist that is.

          Jodyji,
          I can't imagine (well, I guess I could imagine:-)
          ever not being glad that you fight the good fight
          against those who would delude people concerning
          the most important thing of all - their spiritual
          well-being and potential for the evolution of their
          consciousness (or some similar lofty sounding thing:-).
          In so many cases you have gotten people to reveal
          themselves for who they really are amazingly well.
          Your comments have often brought about responses by your
          "targets" that provide the exact reactions that perfectly
          prove your point about them. So, please pat yourself on
          your spiritual back for me, and as St Crumb would say...
          "Keep on keeping on!"
        • jodyrrr
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
            <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

            > MATTHEW 7 : 13 AND 14
            >
            > "Enter by the narrow gate, for wide is the gate
            > and broad is the way that leads to destruction
            > and there are many who go in by it".

            More self-serving nonsense from the deluded mind
            of Swami Datta.
          • jodyrrr
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
              <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

              [snip]

              > Under such circumstances nobody else than the Lord
              > Datta can clear the situation. The `Satguru' Himself
              > has to come down who is the Lord in the human form. T
              > his is the reason why Lord Datta Himself started coming
              > down to this world in human form in the present age.

              You're nuttier than a Christmas fruitcake, Datta.
            • jodyrrr
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Reynold Wingate
                <reystar99@y...> wrote:

                > Jodyji, please keep posting your views. I have not
                > missed anything you wrote so far. It helps people like
                > me from being swept away by a deluge of writings, no
                > matter how well intentioned they are.
                >
                > Rey

                Thanks, Rey.

                I'll keep posting as long as Bobji lets me.
                I can't seem to escape my compulsion to tell
                these grandiose egoists anything else, anyway.

                --jody.