Another look at Re: Realisation ...not Salvation of Lord

  • jodyrrr
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 31, 2005
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > > > "The delusion that you are God is more spiritually
      > > > evolved than the delusion that you are not God."
      > > > Kir Li Molari
      >
      > Jody wrote:
      > > The delusion that one is the incarnation of
      > > God is like the delusion that one is Jesus Christ.
      > >
      > > Neither claim would be made by a spiritually evolved
      > > person, in my opinion.
      >
      > In answer to an email about "Why is Jody after this
      > Datta? And why does he care at all?"
      >
      > IMHO, at least semi-seriously, humility and compassion
      > are the foremost characteristics one would see in a
      > spiritualized person, and any claim of Divinity is so
      > over the top of the humility barrel that it makes
      > it easy to be suspect of the claimant. I feel that
      > Jodyji shows his compassion in action by pointing out
      > those who he feels may be a wrong turn in seekers
      > quest for Truth. And it is up to the readers to take
      > his advise or not. Personally, I appreciate the effort
      > and am sure it is all well intended.
      > Peace and blessings,
      > Bob

      Thanks, Bob. But it's not really about Datta's
      qualifications as a guru. It's about the idea that
      he is an incarnation of God more than anyone else.

      Datta represents all that is wrong with spiritual
      culture: the idea that spiritual understanding
      makes you anything more than a human being who knows
      who they are. There is no magic, miracles, special
      visions or visitations involved. *Any* of these are
      objects of the senses.

      **Higher than the senses are the objects of the sense.
      **Higher than the objects of sense is the mind;
      **And higher than the mind is the intellect.
      **Higher than the intellect is the Great Self.
      --Katha Upanishad

      Everything Datta is talking about are objects
      of the sense. His supposed status as that who
      incarnated as Jesus, Buddha, etc, and his supposed
      access to the infinite power of God, which he
      refuses to demonstrate, of course.

      Datta's claims about himself are perfectly
      preposterous. That's why I care about what
      he says here, and I want him and everyone
      else to know it, until you ask me to cease
      and desist that is.
    • prakki surya
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 31, 2005
        MATTHEW 7 : 13 AND 14
        “Enter by the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction and there are many who go in by it”.

        Bhagavathgita says “Manushyaanam Sahasreshu…..” which means that millions of people will try to reach God but only one can reach God.  This means that the spiritual path is narrow with one or two devotees only who can reach God.  So you should not follow the majority as example in spiritual path.  Majority goes to Hell.  Will you also go to hell?  Diamonds are in minority and gravel stones are in majority.  In worldly matters you can follow the majority.  But in spiritual line there is only one Jesus one Buddha one Sankara etc., If you are in the association of majority you will be polluted by them since they induce the worldly poison through their conversations (Luke 13: 20 & 21).  If you are in the association of the Satguru you will be spiritually strengthened by His gospel.

        Q) The majority of the people will oppose the spiritual path preached by you. Only one in thousands can accept your path. Should you not be universal and preach the path acceptable to all the people?

        A) In spiritual path, majority always goes to hell. Gita says that one in thousands can only reach the God. Even that one person will reach the Lord after several births (Kaschit Maam Vetti, Bahunaam Janmanaam). Jesus also says that the path leading the hell is very wide with full of rush. The path leading to the Lord is very narrow and only one or two persons will be travelling. The path to the hell is filled with flowers and the path to the Lord is filled with thorns. Therefore the path to the Lord is not acceptable to all. Then shall I recommend the path filled with flowers to all the people which is easily acceptable to all of them? I am universal because I am preaching the narrow thorny path to all the people. But the path is not universal. I cannot help for that. In the spiritual path only minority exists. There is only one in millions like Sankara, Ramanuja, Madhva, Jesus, Sai, Vivekananda etc., in the spiritual path. The gravel stones are in majority. There is only one Kohinoor diamond, which is valuable. The fraud Gurus shows that flowery path which is “Amrutha Visham” i.e., it looks like nectar but it is actually the poison. The Satguru shows the thorny path, which is “Visha Amrutham” i.e., it looks like poison but it is actually the nectar. Gita says the same (Yat Tat Agre Vishamiva).

          posted by: His servant
          at the lotus feet of shri datta swami
          www.universal-spirituality.org

        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 31, 2005
          Q) Why Lord Datta is becoming famous in these days?
          A) In the previous ages the people were with high spiritual standard. There was no much need preaching the divine knowledge. Even if there was a small necessity, the servants and disciples of Lord Datta used to come as human incarnation. They could solve the minor problems and used to leave the world. But today the situation is completely different. The spiritual standard has fallen. Generally, when the standard falls the people become ignorant. It is easy to teach the ignorant person and a scholar. Therefore in the present situation, if the people were simply ignorant, it would have been very easy to preach them. But today the spiritual standard is less and the people have become very very intelligent.

          The meaning of Veda is twisted to suit their convenience. At the same time they want the highest result. For Ex: Geeta says that the fruit of the work should be sacrifice (Karmajam Bhudhi Yuktahi Phalam Tyaktva) and says further that if one sacrifices the desire for the fruit of the work, he can easily sacrifice the fruit of the work. The reason for not sacrificing the fruit of the work was found to be the one desiring for the fruit of the work. Therefore desire for the fruit of the work is to be sacrificed so that one can sacrifice the fruit of the work easily. But the people have taken the essence of Geeta as the sacrifice of the desire of the fruit of the work and not the sacrifice of the fruit of the work. Thus Geeta is misinterpreted and the sacrifice of fruit of work is buried because it is not convenient due to their love on their families and greediness. One sacrifices the desire for the fruit of the work and enjoys the fruit of the work. He says that he will get salvation because he followed Geeta. Similarly Veda says that one can attain by the salvation by the sacrifice of money (Dhanena Tyagena). But people have introduced the work ‘na’ which means no before the word ‘Dhanena’.

          Veda is twisted and a wrong meaning is extracted like this: One cannot attain the Lord by earning, enjoying and sacrifice of money. This led to the inaction. People have become lazy and do not work to earn the money. They started depending on others claiming themselves as saints. Like this real meaning of Veda was twisted in a wrong path was established. People have become very talented in creating such twisted meanings. Thus in Kaliyuga people are not ignorant, but they have become over intelligent. The development of science also made them to analyze the spiritual concepts with opposing tendency. Scientists have become atheists forgetting that science is also a divine knowledge given by the Lord called as ‘Pravrutti’.

          Under such circumstances nobody else than the Lord Datta can clear the situation. The ‘Satguru’ Himself has to come down who is the Lord in the human form. This is the reason why Lord Datta Himself started coming down to this world in human form in the present age.

          jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:
          The delusion that one is the incarnation of
          God is like the delusion that one is Jesus Christ.

          Neither claim would be made by a spiritually evolved
          person, in my opinion.

        • Reynold Wingate
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 31, 2005
            Jodyji, please keep posting your views. I have not
            missed anything you wrote so far. It helps people like
            me from being swept away by a deluge of writings, no
            matter how well intentioned they are.

            Rey
            --- jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

            ---------------------------------
            medit8ionsociety
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:

            > > > "The delusion that you are God is more
            spiritually
            > > > evolved than the delusion that you are not God."
            > > > Kir Li Molari
            >
            > Jody wrote:
            > > The delusion that one is the incarnation of
            > > God is like the delusion that one is Jesus Christ.
            > >
            > > Neither claim would be made by a spiritually
            evolved
            > > person, in my opinion.
            >
            > In answer to an email about "Why is Jody after this
            > Datta? And why does he care at all?"
            >
            > IMHO, at least semi-seriously, humility and
            compassion
            > are the foremost characteristics one would see in a
            > spiritualized person, and any claim of Divinity is
            so
            > over the top of the humility barrel that it makes
            > it easy to be suspect of the claimant. I feel that
            > Jodyji shows his compassion in action by pointing
            out
            > those who he feels may be a wrong turn in seekers
            > quest for Truth. And it is up to the readers to take
            > his advise or not. Personally, I appreciate the
            effort
            > and am sure it is all well intended.
            > Peace and blessings,
            > Bob

            Thanks, Bob. But it's not really about Datta's
            qualifications as a guru. It's about the idea that
            he is an incarnation of God more than anyone else.

            Datta represents all that is wrong with spiritual
            culture: the idea that spiritual understanding
            makes you anything more than a human being who knows
            who they are. There is no magic, miracles, special
            visions or visitations involved. *Any* of these are
            objects of the senses.

            **Higher than the senses are the objects of the sense.
            **Higher than the objects of sense is the mind;
            **And higher than the mind is the intellect.
            **Higher than the intellect is the Great Self.
            --Katha Upanishad

            Everything Datta is talking about are objects
            of the sense. His supposed status as that who
            incarnated as Jesus, Buddha, etc, and his supposed
            access to the infinite power of God, which he
            refuses to demonstrate, of course.

            Datta's claims about himself are perfectly
            preposterous. That's why I care about what
            he says here, and I want him and everyone
            else to know it, until you ask me to cease
            and desist that is.

            Terms of Service.

            ---------------------------------

            __________________________________
            Meet your soulmate!
            Yahoo! Asia presents Meetic - where millions of singles gather
            http://asia.yahoo.com/meetic
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 31, 2005
              <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:

              > > Jody wrote:
              > > > The delusion that one is the incarnation of
              > > > God is like the delusion that one is Jesus Christ.
              > > >
              > > > Neither claim would be made by a spiritually evolved
              > > > person, in my opinion.
              > >
              > > In answer to an email about "Why is Jody after this
              > > Datta? And why does he care at all?"
              > >
              > > IMHO, at least semi-seriously, humility and compassion
              > > are the foremost characteristics one would see in a
              > > spiritualized person, and any claim of Divinity is so
              > > over the top of the humility barrel that it makes
              > > it easy to be suspect of the claimant. I feel that
              > > Jodyji shows his compassion in action by pointing out
              > > those who he feels may be a wrong turn in seekers
              > > quest for Truth. And it is up to the readers to take
              > > his advise or not. Personally, I appreciate the effort
              > > and am sure it is all well intended.
              > > Peace and blessings,
              > > Bob
              >
              > Thanks, Bob. But it's not really about Datta's
              > qualifications as a guru. It's about the idea that
              > he is an incarnation of God more than anyone else.
              >
              > Datta represents all that is wrong with spiritual
              > culture: the idea that spiritual understanding
              > makes you anything more than a human being who knows
              > who they are. There is no magic, miracles, special
              > visions or visitations involved. *Any* of these are
              > objects of the senses.
              >
              > **Higher than the senses are the objects of the sense.
              > **Higher than the objects of sense is the mind;
              > **And higher than the mind is the intellect.
              > **Higher than the intellect is the Great Self.
              > --Katha Upanishad
              >
              > Everything Datta is talking about are objects
              > of the sense. His supposed status as that who
              > incarnated as Jesus, Buddha, etc, and his supposed
              > access to the infinite power of God, which he
              > refuses to demonstrate, of course.
              >
              > Datta's claims about himself are perfectly
              > preposterous. That's why I care about what
              > he says here, and I want him and everyone
              > else to know it, until you ask me to cease
              > and desist that is.

              Jodyji,
              I can't imagine (well, I guess I could imagine:-)
              ever not being glad that you fight the good fight
              against those who would delude people concerning
              the most important thing of all - their spiritual
              well-being and potential for the evolution of their
              consciousness (or some similar lofty sounding thing:-).
              In so many cases you have gotten people to reveal
              themselves for who they really are amazingly well.
              Your comments have often brought about responses by your
              "targets" that provide the exact reactions that perfectly
              prove your point about them. So, please pat yourself on
              your spiritual back for me, and as St Crumb would say...
              "Keep on keeping on!"
            • jodyrrr
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
                <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

                > MATTHEW 7 : 13 AND 14
                >
                > "Enter by the narrow gate, for wide is the gate
                > and broad is the way that leads to destruction
                > and there are many who go in by it".

                More self-serving nonsense from the deluded mind
                of Swami Datta.
              • jodyrrr
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
                  <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

                  [snip]

                  > Under such circumstances nobody else than the Lord
                  > Datta can clear the situation. The `Satguru' Himself
                  > has to come down who is the Lord in the human form. T
                  > his is the reason why Lord Datta Himself started coming
                  > down to this world in human form in the present age.

                  You're nuttier than a Christmas fruitcake, Datta.
                • jodyrrr
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
                    --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Reynold Wingate
                    <reystar99@y...> wrote:

                    > Jodyji, please keep posting your views. I have not
                    > missed anything you wrote so far. It helps people like
                    > me from being swept away by a deluge of writings, no
                    > matter how well intentioned they are.
                    >
                    > Rey

                    Thanks, Rey.

                    I'll keep posting as long as Bobji lets me.
                    I can't seem to escape my compulsion to tell
                    these grandiose egoists anything else, anyway.

                    --jody.