Re: Identity mark of a growing cooperative consciousness

  • jodyrrr
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 30, 2005
      <jeff@m...> wrote:

      [snip]

      > I don't think that we can indisciminately
      > discredit all who speak up with what
      > I view as "courage" to speak to this
      > awakening.

      Nor do I.

      However, a clear, discriminating intellect,
      the tool of awakening, sometimes needs to
      be employed for the sake of clarity.

      In the case of Swami Datta, all he is offering
      is his self-deluded status as God on Earth.

      If awakening is to bring about further evolution
      on the planet, we will need to evolve toward
      a democratization of awakening rather than
      a centralization of it in the hands of a few.

      Datta claims only he can bring one to greater
      understanding. This is clearly the work of an
      ego looking to be aggrandized.

      I admit I can be sharp about it. I suppose I
      shouldn't take it personally. But if the Dattas
      of the world come to represent what self-realization
      is, there's not much hope for the sane folks
      who don't buy into mythological nonsense these
      false gurus so desperately cling to.

      To truly make awakening available to everyone,
      it must be divorced from the fantasy and fairy
      tales which are stuck to it like barnacles.

      Datta's contentions about himself are anathema
      to clarity, in my opinion. He and those like him
      need to be scraped off the side of the boat.

      > There just may be a few
      > good, well-intentioned gurus out there,
      > Jodyji.

      There's many. I've written about a few and I look
      forward to writing about many more. But folks need
      to know the difference between good and bad, so
      showing them bad will hopefully help them to learn
      to determine the good.

      > Always in Love,
      >
      > Jeff

      I appreciate the dialogue.

      --jody.
    • prakki surya
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 30, 2005
        If the aim of joining in discussion forums is to fight, then better join hands with such people and can continue activities at such places.

        No trace of interest in pursuing truth and fighting in different groups with different people without any trace of inquisitiveness to learn.

        everywhere make personal attack without any iota of attack on concept and run from pillar to post.
        surya

        jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:
        <jeff@m...> wrote:

        [snip]

        > I don't think that we can indisciminately
        > discredit all who speak up with what
        > I view as "courage" to speak to this
        > awakening.

        Nor do I.

        However, a clear, discriminating intellect,
        the tool of awakening, sometimes needs to
        be employed for the sake of clarity.

        In the case of Swami Datta, all he is offering
        is his self-deluded status as God on Earth.

        If awakening is to bring about further evolution
        on the planet, we will need to evolve toward
        a democratization of awakening rather than
        a centralization of it in the hands of a few.

        Datta claims only he can bring one to greater
        understanding.  This is clearly the work of an
        ego looking to be aggrandized.

        I admit I can be sharp about it.  I suppose I
        shouldn't take it personally.  But if the Dattas
        of the world come to represent what self-realization
        is, there's not much hope for the sane folks
        who don't buy into mythological nonsense these
        false gurus so desperately cling to.

        To truly make awakening available to everyone,
        it must be divorced from the fantasy and fairy
        tales which are stuck to it like barnacles.

        Datta's contentions about himself are anathema
        to clarity, in my opinion.  He and those like him
        need to be scraped off the side of the boat.

        > There just may be a few
        > good, well-intentioned gurus out there,
        > Jodyji.

        There's many.  I've written about a few and I look
        forward to writing about many more.  But folks need
        to know the difference between good and bad, so
        showing them bad will hopefully help them to learn
        to determine the good.

        > Always in Love,
        >
        > Jeff

        I appreciate the dialogue.

        --jody.

        Yahoo! Shopping

      • jodyrrr
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 30, 2005
          <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

          > If the aim of joining in discussion forums is to fight,
          > then better join hands with such people and can continue
          > activities at such places.

          This is a new development! You are actually talking
          to us rather than at us!

          The aim of discussion groups is to discuss. You
          present yourself as God on Earth over and above
          the rest of us, so we discuss.

          > No trace of interest in pursuing truth and fighting
          > in different groups with different people without
          > any trace of inquisitiveness to learn.

          We are pursing truth. The truth is that you are no
          more God than my dog. Nobody is. What we are learning
          from you is that some people are locked into delusions
          so fixed that they can't see how utterly ridiculous
          they are looking to others.

          > everywhere make personal attack without any iota
          > of attack on concept and run from pillar to post.
          >
          > surya

          Your whole concept is all about you. All you talk
          about are your delusions of grandeur. Of course you
          will see it as a personal attack. You are saying
          nothing except "I am the satguru and you must go
          only through me." You may as well be saying you
          are Jesus Christ. Oh wait.... You already did on
          your website with that picture depicting yourself
          as Christ:

          http://www.universal-spirituality.org/

          What more could be said about that?

          --jody.

          > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
          > <jeff@m...> wrote:
          >
          > [snip]
          >
          > > I don't think that we can indisciminately
          > > discredit all who speak up with what
          > > I view as "courage" to speak to this
          > > awakening.
          >
          > Nor do I.
          >
          > However, a clear, discriminating intellect,
          > the tool of awakening, sometimes needs to
          > be employed for the sake of clarity.
          >
          > In the case of Swami Datta, all he is offering
          > is his self-deluded status as God on Earth.
          >
          > If awakening is to bring about further evolution
          > on the planet, we will need to evolve toward
          > a democratization of awakening rather than
          > a centralization of it in the hands of a few.
          >
          > Datta claims only he can bring one to greater
          > understanding. This is clearly the work of an
          > ego looking to be aggrandized.
          >
          > I admit I can be sharp about it. I suppose I
          > shouldn't take it personally. But if the Dattas
          > of the world come to represent what self-realization
          > is, there's not much hope for the sane folks
          > who don't buy into mythological nonsense these
          > false gurus so desperately cling to.
          >
          > To truly make awakening available to everyone,
          > it must be divorced from the fantasy and fairy
          > tales which are stuck to it like barnacles.
          >
          > Datta's contentions about himself are anathema
          > to clarity, in my opinion. He and those like him
          > need to be scraped off the side of the boat.
          >
          > > There just may be a few
          > > good, well-intentioned gurus out there,
          > > Jodyji.
          >
          > There's many. I've written about a few and I look
          > forward to writing about many more. But folks need
          > to know the difference between good and bad, so
          > showing them bad will hopefully help them to learn
          > to determine the good.
          >
          > > Always in Love,
          > >
          > > Jeff
          >
          > I appreciate the dialogue.