Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Identity mark for recognizing the human incarnation of the Lord

Expand Messages
  • jodyrrr
    ... wrote: [snip] ... Because he can t! He s a wackadoodle-dandy who needs to be on medication.
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 25, 2005
    • 0 Attachment
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, prakki surya
      <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

      [snip]

      > Moreover the Lord in human form always hesitates to
      > perform the miracles

      Because he can't! He's a wackadoodle-dandy who needs
      to be on medication.
    • Jeff Belyea
      ... According to Jung, young Jody, what you persistently pass off as objective truths are only your own subjective projections. Bashing away at guru marketing
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 29, 2005
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr"
        <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
        >
        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, prakki surya
        > <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:
        >
        > [snip]
        >
        > > Moreover the Lord in human form always hesitates to
        > > perform the miracles
        >
        > Because he can't! He's a wackadoodle-dandy who needs
        > to be on medication.
        >

        According to Jung, young Jody, what you persistently pass off
        as objective truths are only your own subjective projections.
        Bashing away at guru marketing with the trouncing tenacity
        of a rivet gun, and even putting together Jody's Book of Offical
        Discreditation, is without foundation other than your personal
        pit-bull positioning. But bash away, you're on armoured ground.
        What can't be proved, cannot be disproved. Welcome to the
        two-way street.

        Dropping yet another brainiac; Einstein said that we can, "see
        nothing as a miracle, or we can see everything as a miracle".

        Siding with the allopathic arrogance and the psychobabble
        pablum that prescribes drugs and surgery as exclusive "cures"
        and bolts the door against the hobgoblins of spirituality,
        may keep you comfortably close to concrete "reality", but do
        you really know (supernaturally) that gurus are bogus, and
        miracles are merely mindbenders, and transmission of an (supposed,
        of course)enlightened one's "heat" is just so much trash talk?
        Did you achieve some elevated or altered state of consciousness
        that made you privy to this Knowledge of Wackadoodle-Dandiness?

        Enjoy the holidays.

        Enjoying life,

        Jeff
      • jodyrrr
        ... There s nothing else but, Jeffji. ... It s not guru marketing that I m bashing, it s the idea that anyone is anymore God than anyone else. As well as those
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 29, 2005
        • 0 Attachment
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea"
          <jeff@m...> wrote:
          >
          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr"
          > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, prakki surya
          > > <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > [snip]
          > >
          > > > Moreover the Lord in human form always hesitates to
          > > > perform the miracles
          > >
          > > Because he can't! He's a wackadoodle-dandy who needs
          > > to be on medication.> >
          >
          > According to Jung, young Jody, what you persistently pass off
          > as objective truths are only your own subjective projections.

          There's nothing else but, Jeffji.

          > Bashing away at guru marketing with the trouncing tenacity
          > of a rivet gun, and even putting together Jody's Book of Offical
          > Discreditation, is without foundation other than your personal
          > pit-bull positioning.

          It's not guru marketing that I'm bashing, it's the
          idea that anyone is anymore God than anyone else.
          As well as those who spread myth rather than
          understanding, as determined by me, another fool
          with an opinion.

          > But bash away, you're on armoured ground.
          > What can't be proved, cannot be disproved. Welcome to the
          > two-way street.

          I've been here the whole time, Jeffji.

          > Dropping yet another brainiac; Einstein said that we can, "see
          > nothing as a miracle, or we can see everything as a miracle".

          I'm on board! We're all God or none of us are.

          Either way, the extraordinary gives way to the
          truth of the ordinary.

          > Siding with the allopathic arrogance and the psychobabble
          > pablum that prescribes drugs and surgery as exclusive "cures"
          > and bolts the door against the hobgoblins of spirituality,

          That's no side I'm on, Jeffji.

          I respect medical science, but understand that using
          drugs to treat the mind is like polishing a glass lattice
          with a hammer. But in many cases, it's the only resolution
          to the problem of biological imbalance.

          Swami Datta may be a different case. Your objection
          does remind me that my anger at the preposterous notion
          that he is God sometimes gets the better of me.

          > may keep you comfortably close to concrete "reality", but do
          > you really know (supernaturally) that gurus are bogus,

          Er..., Jeffji? Where are you getting this "gurus
          are bogus" line? It's a "what some gurus teach by
          word and example line."

          > and miracles are merely mindbenders,

          Happy coincidences. Grace to the grateful
          among us.

          > and transmission of an (supposed,
          > of course)enlightened one's "heat" is just so much trash talk?

          It's more like a misconception of the mechanism.

          > Did you achieve some elevated or altered state of consciousness
          > that made you privy to this Knowledge of Wackadoodle-Dandiness?

          Not really. Just an understanding that what makes
          each of us God makes all of us God, and nobody has
          it a single bit more than anyone else.

          > Enjoy the holidays.
          >
          > Enjoying life,
          >
          > Jeff

          I'm right there with 'ya!

          --jody.
        • Jeff Belyea
          Jodyji - Thanks for the gracious (as always) response. And a bow to your ability to withstand a few slings and arrows without feeling too personally barbed.
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 30, 2005
          • 0 Attachment
            Jodyji -

            Thanks for the gracious (as always)
            response. And a bow to your ability
            to withstand a few slings and arrows
            without feeling too personally barbed.

            You and I have enough history for
            me to know that you know that I enjoy
            stirring some dialogue - always toward
            clarity, at least in my "ideal"
            consciousness, and never meant as
            rhetorical meanness.

            We certainly agree that no one person
            is more or less divine than another.
            The great disservice of the organized
            religions and cults (a lot of overlap
            in those two descriptors) is that the
            fundamentalists insist on the exclusive
            divinity of their cental figure.

            For example; the great, beautiful, wise
            and poetic teachings of Jesus (just that
            name costs us a few readers right here)
            are all but lost to the recovering or
            sheepish (emotional, charasmatic even,
            but sheepishly obdient to imposed church
            superstition)Christian, and onlookers
            from other religions and spiritual
            traditions, who see Christians as
            self-righteous, judgmental and
            sprinkled heavily with the wacko
            spice to which you are especially
            "allergic". This all due to the need
            to separate Jesus as "more" God-
            indwelling than the rest of us.
            That was not his message. (OK,
            off the soapbox)...

            Given that agreement that no one
            is one bit more or less God than
            anyone else, there still remains
            the matter of those who are "awakened"
            to their own divinity (or ordinariness or
            ordinary divinity)and have moved from
            the "love of power" to the "power of love",
            and a more global consciousness that
            embraces all people, prey and predators,
            pebbles and ecosystems as interdependent
            and "worthy" of worship (worthship).

            If we are to evolve (and all awakened
            ones intuitively sense that evolution
            of awakened consciousness to the truth
            of nonduality, the true power of love,
            and the "fullness of joy" that we are
            hardwired to experience as our default
            position - as opposed to the quiet
            desperation that shackles so many
            in this age of global communication -
            is the destiny of humankind...if
            we don't blow up the planet first),
            we will need the voices and passion
            of awakened ones to point the way,
            through some paradigm that can, at
            some point, be collectively grasped
            by the coming citizen of the world
            (Osho's New Man).

            I don't think that we can indisciminately
            discredit all who speak up with what
            I view as "courage" to speak to this
            awakening. There just may be a few
            good, well-intentioned gurus out there,
            Jodyji.

            Always in Love,

            Jeff


            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr"
            <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
            >
            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea"
            > <jeff@m...> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr"
            > > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, prakki surya
            > > > <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > [snip]
            > > >
            > > > > Moreover the Lord in human form always hesitates to
            > > > > perform the miracles
            > > >
            > > > Because he can't! He's a wackadoodle-dandy who needs
            > > > to be on medication.> >
            > >
            > > According to Jung, young Jody, what you persistently pass off
            > > as objective truths are only your own subjective projections.
            >
            > There's nothing else but, Jeffji.
            >
            > > Bashing away at guru marketing with the trouncing tenacity
            > > of a rivet gun, and even putting together Jody's Book of Offical
            > > Discreditation, is without foundation other than your personal
            > > pit-bull positioning.
            >
            > It's not guru marketing that I'm bashing, it's the
            > idea that anyone is anymore God than anyone else.
            > As well as those who spread myth rather than
            > understanding, as determined by me, another fool
            > with an opinion.
            >
            > > But bash away, you're on armoured ground.
            > > What can't be proved, cannot be disproved. Welcome to the
            > > two-way street.
            >
            > I've been here the whole time, Jeffji.
            >
            > > Dropping yet another brainiac; Einstein said that we can, "see
            > > nothing as a miracle, or we can see everything as a miracle".
            >
            > I'm on board! We're all God or none of us are.
            >
            > Either way, the extraordinary gives way to the
            > truth of the ordinary.
            >
            > > Siding with the allopathic arrogance and the psychobabble
            > > pablum that prescribes drugs and surgery as exclusive "cures"
            > > and bolts the door against the hobgoblins of spirituality,
            >
            > That's no side I'm on, Jeffji.
            >
            > I respect medical science, but understand that using
            > drugs to treat the mind is like polishing a glass lattice
            > with a hammer. But in many cases, it's the only resolution
            > to the problem of biological imbalance.
            >
            > Swami Datta may be a different case. Your objection
            > does remind me that my anger at the preposterous notion
            > that he is God sometimes gets the better of me.
            >
            > > may keep you comfortably close to concrete "reality", but do
            > > you really know (supernaturally) that gurus are bogus,
            >
            > Er..., Jeffji? Where are you getting this "gurus
            > are bogus" line? It's a "what some gurus teach by
            > word and example line."
            >
            > > and miracles are merely mindbenders,
            >
            > Happy coincidences. Grace to the grateful
            > among us.
            >
            > > and transmission of an (supposed,
            > > of course)enlightened one's "heat" is just so much trash talk?
            >
            > It's more like a misconception of the mechanism.
            >
            > > Did you achieve some elevated or altered state of consciousness
            > > that made you privy to this Knowledge of Wackadoodle-Dandiness?
            >
            > Not really. Just an understanding that what makes
            > each of us God makes all of us God, and nobody has
            > it a single bit more than anyone else.
            >
            > > Enjoy the holidays.
            > >
            > > Enjoying life,
            > >
            > > Jeff
            >
            > I'm right there with 'ya!
            >
            > --jody.
            >
          • jodyrrr
            ... wrote: [snip] ... Nor do I. However, a clear, discriminating intellect, the tool of awakening, sometimes needs to be employed for the sake of
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 30, 2005
            • 0 Attachment
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea"
              <jeff@m...> wrote:

              [snip]

              > I don't think that we can indisciminately
              > discredit all who speak up with what
              > I view as "courage" to speak to this
              > awakening.

              Nor do I.

              However, a clear, discriminating intellect,
              the tool of awakening, sometimes needs to
              be employed for the sake of clarity.

              In the case of Swami Datta, all he is offering
              is his self-deluded status as God on Earth.

              If awakening is to bring about further evolution
              on the planet, we will need to evolve toward
              a democratization of awakening rather than
              a centralization of it in the hands of a few.

              Datta claims only he can bring one to greater
              understanding. This is clearly the work of an
              ego looking to be aggrandized.

              I admit I can be sharp about it. I suppose I
              shouldn't take it personally. But if the Dattas
              of the world come to represent what self-realization
              is, there's not much hope for the sane folks
              who don't buy into mythological nonsense these
              false gurus so desperately cling to.

              To truly make awakening available to everyone,
              it must be divorced from the fantasy and fairy
              tales which are stuck to it like barnacles.

              Datta's contentions about himself are anathema
              to clarity, in my opinion. He and those like him
              need to be scraped off the side of the boat.

              > There just may be a few
              > good, well-intentioned gurus out there,
              > Jodyji.

              There's many. I've written about a few and I look
              forward to writing about many more. But folks need
              to know the difference between good and bad, so
              showing them bad will hopefully help them to learn
              to determine the good.

              > Always in Love,
              >
              > Jeff

              I appreciate the dialogue.

              --jody.
            • prakki surya
              If the aim of joining in discussion forums is to fight, then better join hands with such people and can continue activities at such places. No trace of
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 30, 2005
              • 0 Attachment
                If the aim of joining in discussion forums is to fight, then better join hands with such people and can continue activities at such places.
                 
                No trace of interest in pursuing truth and fighting in different groups with different people without any trace of inquisitiveness to learn.
                 
                everywhere make personal attack without any iota of attack on concept and run from pillar to post.
                surya

                jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:
                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea"
                <jeff@m...> wrote:

                [snip]

                > I don't think that we can indisciminately
                > discredit all who speak up with what
                > I view as "courage" to speak to this
                > awakening.

                Nor do I.

                However, a clear, discriminating intellect,
                the tool of awakening, sometimes needs to
                be employed for the sake of clarity.

                In the case of Swami Datta, all he is offering
                is his self-deluded status as God on Earth.

                If awakening is to bring about further evolution
                on the planet, we will need to evolve toward
                a democratization of awakening rather than
                a centralization of it in the hands of a few.

                Datta claims only he can bring one to greater
                understanding.  This is clearly the work of an
                ego looking to be aggrandized.

                I admit I can be sharp about it.  I suppose I
                shouldn't take it personally.  But if the Dattas
                of the world come to represent what self-realization
                is, there's not much hope for the sane folks
                who don't buy into mythological nonsense these
                false gurus so desperately cling to.

                To truly make awakening available to everyone,
                it must be divorced from the fantasy and fairy
                tales which are stuck to it like barnacles.

                Datta's contentions about himself are anathema
                to clarity, in my opinion.  He and those like him
                need to be scraped off the side of the boat.

                > There just may be a few
                > good, well-intentioned gurus out there,
                > Jodyji.

                There's many.  I've written about a few and I look
                forward to writing about many more.  But folks need
                to know the difference between good and bad, so
                showing them bad will hopefully help them to learn
                to determine the good.

                > Always in Love,
                >
                > Jeff

                I appreciate the dialogue.

                --jody.





                Yahoo! Shopping
                Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Yahoo! Shopping

              • jodyrrr
                ... This is a new development! You are actually talking to us rather than at us! The aim of discussion groups is to discuss. You present yourself as God on
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 30, 2005
                • 0 Attachment
                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, prakki surya
                  <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:
                  >
                  > If the aim of joining in discussion forums is to fight,
                  > then better join hands with such people and can continue
                  > activities at such places.

                  This is a new development! You are actually talking
                  to us rather than at us!

                  The aim of discussion groups is to discuss. You
                  present yourself as God on Earth over and above
                  the rest of us, so we discuss.

                  > No trace of interest in pursuing truth and fighting
                  > in different groups with different people without
                  > any trace of inquisitiveness to learn.

                  We are pursing truth. The truth is that you are no
                  more God than my dog. Nobody is. What we are learning
                  from you is that some people are locked into delusions
                  so fixed that they can't see how utterly ridiculous
                  they are looking to others.

                  > everywhere make personal attack without any iota
                  > of attack on concept and run from pillar to post.
                  >
                  > surya

                  Your whole concept is all about you. All you talk
                  about are your delusions of grandeur. Of course you
                  will see it as a personal attack. You are saying
                  nothing except "I am the satguru and you must go
                  only through me." You may as well be saying you
                  are Jesus Christ. Oh wait.... You already did on
                  your website with that picture depicting yourself
                  as Christ:

                  http://www.universal-spirituality.org/

                  What more could be said about that?

                  --jody.


                  >
                  > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                  > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea"
                  > <jeff@m...> wrote:
                  >
                  > [snip]
                  >
                  > > I don't think that we can indisciminately
                  > > discredit all who speak up with what
                  > > I view as "courage" to speak to this
                  > > awakening.
                  >
                  > Nor do I.
                  >
                  > However, a clear, discriminating intellect,
                  > the tool of awakening, sometimes needs to
                  > be employed for the sake of clarity.
                  >
                  > In the case of Swami Datta, all he is offering
                  > is his self-deluded status as God on Earth.
                  >
                  > If awakening is to bring about further evolution
                  > on the planet, we will need to evolve toward
                  > a democratization of awakening rather than
                  > a centralization of it in the hands of a few.
                  >
                  > Datta claims only he can bring one to greater
                  > understanding. This is clearly the work of an
                  > ego looking to be aggrandized.
                  >
                  > I admit I can be sharp about it. I suppose I
                  > shouldn't take it personally. But if the Dattas
                  > of the world come to represent what self-realization
                  > is, there's not much hope for the sane folks
                  > who don't buy into mythological nonsense these
                  > false gurus so desperately cling to.
                  >
                  > To truly make awakening available to everyone,
                  > it must be divorced from the fantasy and fairy
                  > tales which are stuck to it like barnacles.
                  >
                  > Datta's contentions about himself are anathema
                  > to clarity, in my opinion. He and those like him
                  > need to be scraped off the side of the boat.
                  >
                  > > There just may be a few
                  > > good, well-intentioned gurus out there,
                  > > Jodyji.
                  >
                  > There's many. I've written about a few and I look
                  > forward to writing about many more. But folks need
                  > to know the difference between good and bad, so
                  > showing them bad will hopefully help them to learn
                  > to determine the good.
                  >
                  > > Always in Love,
                  > >
                  > > Jeff
                  >
                  > I appreciate the dialogue.
                  >
                  > --jody.
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > ---------------------------------
                  > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                  >
                  >
                  > Visit your group "meditationsocietyofamerica" on the web.
                  >
                  > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                  > meditationsocietyofamerica-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                  >
                  > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                  Service.
                  >
                  >
                  > ---------------------------------
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > ---------------------------------
                  > Yahoo! Shopping
                  > Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Yahoo! Shopping
                  >
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.