Identity mark for recognizing the human incarnation of the Lord

  • prakki surya
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 25, 2005

       Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta Swami

      The real characteristic properties of the Lord as declared by Veda are the Special Knowledge (Prajnana), the Love (Rasa or Prema) and the Bliss (Ananda). Veda also says that these three characteristics must be experienced by others if the possessor is having really those characteristics. The characteristic property of the fire is heat. Any person who is near the fire should experience the heat and then only we can say that the fire is hot. Similarly the Lord in human form must make others to experience the Jnana, Prema and Ananda. Veda says ‘Esha Hyeva Anandayati’, which means that He creates Bliss in the hearts of others. The Lord should not be recognized merely by the miracles because even demons performed these miracles. Miracles are only associated property like jewels.

      Moreover the Lord in human form always hesitates to perform the miracles unless special emergency arises. The reason for this is that the Lord is dwelling in the human form, which is a product of this nature (Prakrithi). He is living in the nature. Therefore the Lord follows the rules of the nature and these rules were formulated by Himself only. No administrator will like to contradict his own rules. Even in the emergency when He voilates the rule of the nature, He keeps the voilation as a secret. When the administrator voilates his own rule, he will not propagate about that voilation. He maintains the secrecy of the voilation. Only demons voilate frequently the rules of the nature and also advertise about the voilation because they did not frame the rules. When Lord Krishna made artificial sunset by covering the Sun with His Sudarshana Chakra, He kept it as a secret. People thought that a cloud covered the Sun. Voilating His own rule itself is a mistake.

      Exhibition of voilation of His own rule by Himself will be another mistake. In that situation the life of Arjuna who was His closest devotee was under threat. In that emergency only the Lord voilated the Prakrithi and used His super power (Maya). In the eighteen days of Mahabharatha war He never used His super power. Bhishma wounded the Lord with severe arrows. Even then the Lord did not use His super power. Therefore miracles are not the real characteristics of the Lord. Rama never performed miracles except in the case of ‘Ahalya’ and in breaking the bow of Siva. Krishna also performed the miracles in the child hood to save His own life and to save the lives of His devotees. All these situations were the cases of unavoidable emergency.

        posted by: His servant
        at the lotus feet of shri datta swami
        www.universal-spirituality.org

      Yahoo! Shopping
    • jodyrrr
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 25, 2005
        <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

        [snip]

        > Moreover the Lord in human form always hesitates to
        > perform the miracles

        Because he can't! He's a wackadoodle-dandy who needs
        to be on medication.
      • Jeff Belyea
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 29, 2005
          <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:

          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, prakki surya
          > <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:
          >
          > [snip]
          >
          > > Moreover the Lord in human form always hesitates to
          > > perform the miracles
          >
          > Because he can't! He's a wackadoodle-dandy who needs
          > to be on medication.

          According to Jung, young Jody, what you persistently pass off
          as objective truths are only your own subjective projections.
          Bashing away at guru marketing with the trouncing tenacity
          of a rivet gun, and even putting together Jody's Book of Offical
          Discreditation, is without foundation other than your personal
          pit-bull positioning. But bash away, you're on armoured ground.
          What can't be proved, cannot be disproved. Welcome to the
          two-way street.

          Dropping yet another brainiac; Einstein said that we can, "see
          nothing as a miracle, or we can see everything as a miracle".

          Siding with the allopathic arrogance and the psychobabble
          pablum that prescribes drugs and surgery as exclusive "cures"
          and bolts the door against the hobgoblins of spirituality,
          may keep you comfortably close to concrete "reality", but do
          you really know (supernaturally) that gurus are bogus, and
          miracles are merely mindbenders, and transmission of an (supposed,
          of course)enlightened one's "heat" is just so much trash talk?
          Did you achieve some elevated or altered state of consciousness
          that made you privy to this Knowledge of Wackadoodle-Dandiness?

          Enjoy the holidays.

          Enjoying life,

          Jeff
        • jodyrrr
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 29, 2005
            <jeff@m...> wrote:

            > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, prakki surya
            > > <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > [snip]
            > >
            > > > Moreover the Lord in human form always hesitates to
            > > > perform the miracles
            > >
            > > Because he can't! He's a wackadoodle-dandy who needs
            > > to be on medication.> >
            >
            > According to Jung, young Jody, what you persistently pass off
            > as objective truths are only your own subjective projections.

            There's nothing else but, Jeffji.

            > Bashing away at guru marketing with the trouncing tenacity
            > of a rivet gun, and even putting together Jody's Book of Offical
            > Discreditation, is without foundation other than your personal
            > pit-bull positioning.

            It's not guru marketing that I'm bashing, it's the
            idea that anyone is anymore God than anyone else.
            As well as those who spread myth rather than
            understanding, as determined by me, another fool
            with an opinion.

            > But bash away, you're on armoured ground.
            > What can't be proved, cannot be disproved. Welcome to the
            > two-way street.

            I've been here the whole time, Jeffji.

            > Dropping yet another brainiac; Einstein said that we can, "see
            > nothing as a miracle, or we can see everything as a miracle".

            I'm on board! We're all God or none of us are.

            Either way, the extraordinary gives way to the
            truth of the ordinary.

            > Siding with the allopathic arrogance and the psychobabble
            > pablum that prescribes drugs and surgery as exclusive "cures"
            > and bolts the door against the hobgoblins of spirituality,

            That's no side I'm on, Jeffji.

            I respect medical science, but understand that using
            drugs to treat the mind is like polishing a glass lattice
            with a hammer. But in many cases, it's the only resolution
            to the problem of biological imbalance.

            Swami Datta may be a different case. Your objection
            does remind me that my anger at the preposterous notion
            that he is God sometimes gets the better of me.

            > may keep you comfortably close to concrete "reality", but do
            > you really know (supernaturally) that gurus are bogus,

            Er..., Jeffji? Where are you getting this "gurus
            are bogus" line? It's a "what some gurus teach by
            word and example line."

            > and miracles are merely mindbenders,

            Happy coincidences. Grace to the grateful
            among us.

            > and transmission of an (supposed,
            > of course)enlightened one's "heat" is just so much trash talk?

            It's more like a misconception of the mechanism.

            > Did you achieve some elevated or altered state of consciousness
            > that made you privy to this Knowledge of Wackadoodle-Dandiness?

            Not really. Just an understanding that what makes
            each of us God makes all of us God, and nobody has
            it a single bit more than anyone else.

            > Enjoy the holidays.
            >
            > Enjoying life,
            >
            > Jeff

            I'm right there with 'ya!

            --jody.
          • Jeff Belyea
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 30, 2005
              Jodyji -

              Thanks for the gracious (as always)
              response. And a bow to your ability
              to withstand a few slings and arrows
              without feeling too personally barbed.

              You and I have enough history for
              me to know that you know that I enjoy
              stirring some dialogue - always toward
              clarity, at least in my "ideal"
              consciousness, and never meant as
              rhetorical meanness.

              We certainly agree that no one person
              is more or less divine than another.
              The great disservice of the organized
              religions and cults (a lot of overlap
              in those two descriptors) is that the
              fundamentalists insist on the exclusive
              divinity of their cental figure.

              For example; the great, beautiful, wise
              and poetic teachings of Jesus (just that
              name costs us a few readers right here)
              are all but lost to the recovering or
              sheepish (emotional, charasmatic even,
              but sheepishly obdient to imposed church
              superstition)Christian, and onlookers
              from other religions and spiritual
              traditions, who see Christians as
              self-righteous, judgmental and
              sprinkled heavily with the wacko
              spice to which you are especially
              "allergic". This all due to the need
              to separate Jesus as "more" God-
              indwelling than the rest of us.
              That was not his message. (OK,
              off the soapbox)...

              Given that agreement that no one
              is one bit more or less God than
              anyone else, there still remains
              the matter of those who are "awakened"
              to their own divinity (or ordinariness or
              ordinary divinity)and have moved from
              the "love of power" to the "power of love",
              and a more global consciousness that
              embraces all people, prey and predators,
              pebbles and ecosystems as interdependent
              and "worthy" of worship (worthship).

              If we are to evolve (and all awakened
              ones intuitively sense that evolution
              of awakened consciousness to the truth
              of nonduality, the true power of love,
              and the "fullness of joy" that we are
              hardwired to experience as our default
              position - as opposed to the quiet
              desperation that shackles so many
              in this age of global communication -
              is the destiny of humankind...if
              we don't blow up the planet first),
              we will need the voices and passion
              of awakened ones to point the way,
              through some paradigm that can, at
              some point, be collectively grasped
              by the coming citizen of the world
              (Osho's New Man).

              I don't think that we can indisciminately
              discredit all who speak up with what
              I view as "courage" to speak to this
              awakening. There just may be a few
              good, well-intentioned gurus out there,
              Jodyji.

              Always in Love,

              Jeff

              <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:

> [...]
              > does remind me that my anger at the preposterous notion
              > that he is God sometimes gets the better of me.
              >
              > > may keep you comfortably close to concrete "reality", but do
              > > you really know (supernaturally) that gurus are bogus,
              >
              > Er..., Jeffji? Where are you getting this "gurus
              > are bogus" line? It's a "what some gurus teach by
              > word and example line."
              >
              > > and miracles are merely mindbenders,
              >
              > Happy coincidences. Grace to the grateful
              > among us.
              >
              > > and transmission of an (supposed,
              > > of course)enlightened one's "heat" is just so much trash talk?
              >
              > It's more like a misconception of the mechanism.
              >
              > > Did you achieve some elevated or altered state of consciousness
              > > that made you privy to this Knowledge of Wackadoodle-Dandiness?
              >
              > Not really. Just an understanding that what makes
              > each of us God makes all of us God, and nobody has

            • jodyrrr
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 30, 2005
                <jeff@m...> wrote:

                [snip]

                > I don't think that we can indisciminately
                > discredit all who speak up with what
                > I view as "courage" to speak to this
                > awakening.

                Nor do I.

                However, a clear, discriminating intellect,
                the tool of awakening, sometimes needs to
                be employed for the sake of clarity.

                In the case of Swami Datta, all he is offering
                is his self-deluded status as God on Earth.

                If awakening is to bring about further evolution
                on the planet, we will need to evolve toward
                a democratization of awakening rather than
                a centralization of it in the hands of a few.

                Datta claims only he can bring one to greater
                understanding. This is clearly the work of an
                ego looking to be aggrandized.

                I admit I can be sharp about it. I suppose I
                shouldn't take it personally. But if the Dattas
                of the world come to represent what self-realization
                is, there's not much hope for the sane folks
                who don't buy into mythological nonsense these
                false gurus so desperately cling to.

                To truly make awakening available to everyone,
                it must be divorced from the fantasy and fairy
                tales which are stuck to it like barnacles.

                Datta's contentions about himself are anathema
                to clarity, in my opinion. He and those like him
                need to be scraped off the side of the boat.

                > There just may be a few
                > good, well-intentioned gurus out there,
                > Jodyji.

                There's many. I've written about a few and I look
                forward to writing about many more. But folks need
                to know the difference between good and bad, so
                showing them bad will hopefully help them to learn
                to determine the good.

                > Always in Love,
                >
                > Jeff

                I appreciate the dialogue.

                --jody.
              • prakki surya
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 30, 2005
                  If the aim of joining in discussion forums is to fight, then better join hands with such people and can continue activities at such places.

                  No trace of interest in pursuing truth and fighting in different groups with different people without any trace of inquisitiveness to learn.

                  everywhere make personal attack without any iota of attack on concept and run from pillar to post.
                  surya

                  jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:
                  <jeff@m...> wrote:

                  [snip]

                  > I don't think that we can indisciminately
                  > discredit all who speak up with what
                  > I view as "courage" to speak to this
                  > awakening.

                  Nor do I.

                  However, a clear, discriminating intellect,
                  the tool of awakening, sometimes needs to
                  be employed for the sake of clarity.

                  In the case of Swami Datta, all he is offering
                  is his self-deluded status as God on Earth.

                  If awakening is to bring about further evolution
                  on the planet, we will need to evolve toward
                  a democratization of awakening rather than
                  a centralization of it in the hands of a few.

                  Datta claims only he can bring one to greater
                  understanding.  This is clearly the work of an
                  ego looking to be aggrandized.

                  I admit I can be sharp about it.  I suppose I
                  shouldn't take it personally.  But if the Dattas
                  of the world come to represent what self-realization
                  is, there's not much hope for the sane folks
                  who don't buy into mythological nonsense these
                  false gurus so desperately cling to.

                  To truly make awakening available to everyone,
                  it must be divorced from the fantasy and fairy
                  tales which are stuck to it like barnacles.

                  Datta's contentions about himself are anathema
                  to clarity, in my opinion.  He and those like him
                  need to be scraped off the side of the boat.

                  > There just may be a few
                  > good, well-intentioned gurus out there,
                  > Jodyji.

                  There's many.  I've written about a few and I look
                  forward to writing about many more.  But folks need
                  to know the difference between good and bad, so
                  showing them bad will hopefully help them to learn
                  to determine the good.

                  > Always in Love,
                  >
                  > Jeff

                  I appreciate the dialogue.

                  --jody.

                  Yahoo! Shopping

                • jodyrrr
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 30, 2005
                    <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

                    > If the aim of joining in discussion forums is to fight,
                    > then better join hands with such people and can continue
                    > activities at such places.

                    This is a new development! You are actually talking
                    to us rather than at us!

                    The aim of discussion groups is to discuss. You
                    present yourself as God on Earth over and above
                    the rest of us, so we discuss.

                    > No trace of interest in pursuing truth and fighting
                    > in different groups with different people without
                    > any trace of inquisitiveness to learn.

                    We are pursing truth. The truth is that you are no
                    more God than my dog. Nobody is. What we are learning
                    from you is that some people are locked into delusions
                    so fixed that they can't see how utterly ridiculous
                    they are looking to others.

                    > everywhere make personal attack without any iota
                    > of attack on concept and run from pillar to post.
                    >
                    > surya

                    Your whole concept is all about you. All you talk
                    about are your delusions of grandeur. Of course you
                    will see it as a personal attack. You are saying
                    nothing except "I am the satguru and you must go
                    only through me." You may as well be saying you
                    are Jesus Christ. Oh wait.... You already did on
                    your website with that picture depicting yourself
                    as Christ:

                    http://www.universal-spirituality.org/

                    What more could be said about that?

                    --jody.

                    > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                    > <jeff@m...> wrote:
                    >
                    > [snip]
                    >
                    > > I don't think that we can indisciminately
                    > > discredit all who speak up with what
                    > > I view as "courage" to speak to this
                    > > awakening.
                    >
                    > Nor do I.
                    >
                    > However, a clear, discriminating intellect,
                    > the tool of awakening, sometimes needs to
                    > be employed for the sake of clarity.
                    >
                    > In the case of Swami Datta, all he is offering
                    > is his self-deluded status as God on Earth.
                    >
                    > If awakening is to bring about further evolution
                    > on the planet, we will need to evolve toward
                    > a democratization of awakening rather than
                    > a centralization of it in the hands of a few.
                    >
                    > Datta claims only he can bring one to greater
                    > understanding. This is clearly the work of an
                    > ego looking to be aggrandized.
                    >
                    > I admit I can be sharp about it. I suppose I
                    > shouldn't take it personally. But if the Dattas
                    > of the world come to represent what self-realization
                    > is, there's not much hope for the sane folks
                    > who don't buy into mythological nonsense these
                    > false gurus so desperately cling to.
                    >
                    > To truly make awakening available to everyone,
                    > it must be divorced from the fantasy and fairy
                    > tales which are stuck to it like barnacles.
                    >
                    > Datta's contentions about himself are anathema
                    > to clarity, in my opinion. He and those like him
                    > need to be scraped off the side of the boat.
                    >
                    > > There just may be a few
                    > > good, well-intentioned gurus out there,
                    > > Jodyji.
                    >
                    > There's many. I've written about a few and I look
                    > forward to writing about many more. But folks need
                    > to know the difference between good and bad, so
                    > showing them bad will hopefully help them to learn
                    > to determine the good.
                    >
                    > > Always in Love,
                    > >
                    > > Jeff
                    >
                    > I appreciate the dialogue.