The Dalai Lama on TV Said He's Not Enlightened

    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 21, 2005
      Barbara Walters interviewed the Dalai Lama on
      her show about Heaven last night and He claimed
      he wasn't enlightened. He pointed to an eye
      infection/problem he was having as proof of
      this. He also said He could not be Enlightened
      because he couldn't remember the past accurately
      or tell the future. Later in the show he rubbed noses
      with Barbara to demonstrate how some cultures
      practice kissing and then burst out laughing in a way
      that reminded me of the many moments of sheer glee
      and fun that (of all my aquantices) in her purity only
      my 2 year old grandaughter displays.
      To me this showed that it's likely that the Dalai Lama
      has more than just the crutial component of Enlightenment
      which is compassion, but also has the humility that goes with
      being a truly well-balanced Buddha. And also that to be
      "just a man", as He put it, He is playing down His own
      Enlightenment to show all of us that we too can achieve
      what He has, however you lable/define that holy state.
    • jodyrrr
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 21, 2005
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > Barbara Walters interviewed the Dalai Lama on
        > her show about Heaven last night and He claimed
        > he wasn't enlightened. He pointed to an eye
        > infection/problem he was having as proof of
        > this. He also said He could not be Enlightened
        > because he couldn't remember the past accurately
        > or tell the future.

        The guy's head is full of occlusing nonsense.
        I kinda feel sorry for him, if he was actually
        being serious.

        > Later in the show he rubbed noses
        > with Barbara to demonstrate how some cultures
        > practice kissing and then burst out laughing in a way
        > that reminded me of the many moments of sheer glee
        > and fun that (of all my aquantices) in her purity only
        > my 2 year old grandaughter displays.
        > To me this showed that it's likely that the Dalai Lama
        > has more than just the crutial component of Enlightenment
        > which is compassion, but also has the humility that goes with
        > being a truly well-balanced Buddha. And also that to be
        > "just a man", as He put it, He is playing down His own
        > Enlightenment to show all of us that we too can achieve
        > what He has, however you lable/define that holy state.
        > Peace and blessings,
        > Bob

        One would hope he's kidding about the "tell the
        future" thing.
      • thinskinnybones
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 21, 2005
          Jodyrrr is there anything happy about you? You dont seem to like
          anyone at all ! Leave the Dalai Lama alone!--- In
          meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...>
          wrote:

          > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Barbara Walters interviewed the Dalai Lama on
          > > her show about Heaven last night and He claimed
          > > he wasn't enlightened. He pointed to an eye
          > > infection/problem he was having as proof of
          > > this. He also said He could not be Enlightened
          > > because he couldn't remember the past accurately
          > > or tell the future.
          >
          > The guy's head is full of occlusing nonsense.
          > I kinda feel sorry for him, if he was actually
          > being serious.
          >
          > > Later in the show he rubbed noses
          > > with Barbara to demonstrate how some cultures
          > > practice kissing and then burst out laughing in a way
          > > that reminded me of the many moments of sheer glee
          > > and fun that (of all my aquantices) in her purity only
          > > my 2 year old grandaughter displays.
          > > To me this showed that it's likely that the Dalai Lama
          > > has more than just the crutial component of Enlightenment
          > > which is compassion, but also has the humility that goes with
          > > being a truly well-balanced Buddha. And also that to be
          > > "just a man", as He put it, He is playing down His own
          > > Enlightenment to show all of us that we too can achieve
          > > what He has, however you lable/define that holy state.
          > > Peace and blessings,
          > > Bob
          >
          > One would hope he's kidding about the "tell the
          > future" thing.

        • jodyrrr
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 21, 2005
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "thinskinnybones"
            <detsgrizz@a...> wrote:

            > Jodyrrr is there anything happy about you? You dont seem to like
            > anyone at all ! Leave the Dalai Lama alone!

            If the Dalai Lama is serious about enlightenment
            being indicated by an ability to see the future,
            then the guy has his head up his rear.

            Chances are, he was kidding. At least I hope
            so.

            --- In
            > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety
            > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Barbara Walters interviewed the Dalai Lama on
            > > > her show about Heaven last night and He claimed
            > > > he wasn't enlightened. He pointed to an eye
            > > > infection/problem he was having as proof of
            > > > this. He also said He could not be Enlightened
            > > > because he couldn't remember the past accurately
            > > > or tell the future.
            > >
            > > The guy's head is full of occlusing nonsense.
            > > I kinda feel sorry for him, if he was actually
            > > being serious.
            > >
            > > > Later in the show he rubbed noses
            > > > with Barbara to demonstrate how some cultures
            > > > practice kissing and then burst out laughing in a way
            > > > that reminded me of the many moments of sheer glee
            > > > and fun that (of all my aquantices) in her purity only
            > > > my 2 year old grandaughter displays.
            > > > To me this showed that it's likely that the Dalai Lama
            > > > has more than just the crutial component of Enlightenment
            > > > which is compassion, but also has the humility that goes with
            > > > being a truly well-balanced Buddha. And also that to be
            > > > "just a man", as He put it, He is playing down His own
            > > > Enlightenment to show all of us that we too can achieve
            > > > what He has, however you lable/define that holy state.
            > > > Peace and blessings,
            > > > Bob
            > >
            > > One would hope he's kidding about the "tell the
            > > future" thing.

          • Bruce Morgen
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 21, 2005
              jodyrrr wrote:

              >--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "thinskinnybones"
              ><detsgrizz@a...> wrote:
              >

              >>Jodyrrr is there anything happy about you? You dont seem to like
              >>anyone at all ! Leave the Dalai Lama alone!
              >>

              >If the Dalai Lama is serious about enlightenment
              >being indicated by an ability to see the future,
              >then the guy has his head up his rear.
              >
              >Chances are, he was kidding. At least I hope
              >so.

              The current Dalai Lama has
              always impressed me as a
              charming, sweet-natured
              fellow, a very astute
              political operator, and
              about as authoritative
              with regard to realization
              as most other high-profile
              senior clerics -- iow, on
              a par with a pile of scrap
              iron.

              NNB

              >--- In
              >

              >>meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...>
              >>wrote:
              >>

              >>>--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety

              >>>The guy's head is full of occlusing nonsense.
              >>>I kinda feel sorry for him, if he was actually
              >>>being serious.

              >>>One would hope he's kidding about the "tell the
              >>>future" thing.

            • jodyrrr
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 21, 2005
                <editor@j...> wrote:

                > jodyrrr wrote:
                >
                > >--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "thinskinnybones"
                > ><detsgrizz@a...> wrote:
                > >

                > >>Jodyrrr is there anything happy about you? You dont seem to like
                > >>anyone at all ! Leave the Dalai Lama alone!
                > >>

                > >If the Dalai Lama is serious about enlightenment
                > >being indicated by an ability to see the future,
                > >then the guy has his head up his rear.
                > >
                > >Chances are, he was kidding. At least I hope
                > >so.
                > >

                > The current Dalai Lama has
                > always impressed me as a
                > charming, sweet-natured
                > fellow, a very astute
                > political operator, and
                > about as authoritative
                > with regard to realization
                > as most other high-profile
                > senior clerics -- iow, on
                > a par with a pile of scrap
                > iron.

                And yet he is held up as an example of enlightenment
                for us all. God is one twisted Bitch, that's all I
                can say about it.
              • Bruce Morgen
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 21, 2005
                  jodyrrr wrote:

                  >--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Morgen
                  ><editor@j...> wrote:
                  >

                  >>jodyrrr wrote:
                  >>

                  >>>--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "thinskinnybones"

                  >>>If the Dalai Lama is serious about enlightenment
                  >>>being indicated by an ability to see the future,
                  >>>then the guy has his head up his rear.
                  >>>
                  >>>Chances are, he was kidding. At least I hope
                  >>>so.
                  >>>

                  >>The current Dalai Lama has
                  >>always impressed me as a
                  >>charming, sweet-natured
                  >>fellow, a very astute
                  >>political operator, and
                  >>about as authoritative
                  >>with regard to realization
                  >>as most other high-profile
                  >>senior clerics -- iow, on
                  >>a par with a pile of scrap
                  >>iron.
                  >>

                  >And yet he is held up as an example of enlightenment
                  >for us all. God is one twisted Bitch, that's all I
                  >can say about it.

                  No doubt about that, which is
                  why your personal (dare I say?)
                  crusade against the occlusive
                  aspects of spear-chill culture
                  his considerable merit imo!
                • Bruce Morgen
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 21, 2005
                    jodyrrr wrote:

                    >--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Morgen
                    ><editor@j...> wrote:
                    >

                    >>jodyrrr wrote:
                    >>

                    >>>--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "thinskinnybones"

                    >>>If the Dalai Lama is serious about enlightenment
                    >>>being indicated by an ability to see the future,
                    >>>then the guy has his head up his rear.
                    >>>
                    >>>Chances are, he was kidding. At least I hope
                    >>>so.
                    >>>

                    >>The current Dalai Lama has
                    >>always impressed me as a
                    >>charming, sweet-natured
                    >>fellow, a very astute
                    >>political operator, and
                    >>about as authoritative
                    >>with regard to realization
                    >>as most other high-profile
                    >>senior clerics -- iow, on
                    >>a par with a pile of scrap
                    >>iron.
                    >>

                    >And yet he is held up as an example of enlightenment
                    >for us all. God is one twisted Bitch, that's all I
                    >can say about it.

                    No doubt about that, which is
                    why your personal (dare I say?)
                    crusade against the occlusive
                    aspects of spear-chill culture
                    has considerable merit imo!
                  • jodyrrr
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 21, 2005
                      <editor@j...> wrote:

                      > jodyrrr wrote:
                      >
                      > >--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Morgen
                      > ><editor@j...> wrote:

                      > >>The current Dalai Lama has
                      > >>always impressed me as a
                      > >>charming, sweet-natured
                      > >>fellow, a very astute
                      > >>political operator, and
                      > >>about as authoritative
                      > >>with regard to realization
                      > >>as most other high-profile
                      > >>senior clerics -- iow, on
                      > >>a par with a pile of scrap
                      > >>iron.
                      > >>

                      > >And yet he is held up as an example of enlightenment
                      > >for us all. God is one twisted Bitch, that's all I
                      > >can say about it.
                      > >
                      > No doubt about that, which is
                      > why your personal (dare I say?)
                      > crusade against the occlusive
                      > aspects of spear-chill culture
                      > has considerable merit imo!

                      Thanks, Bruceji.

                      I'm having some trouble finding direct references to
                      the idea of spiritual occlusion, outside of what I
                      originally picked up from you. We may be out on a limb
                      with this one, more so than I anticipated, now that
                      I'm trying to write a book about it.
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 21, 2005
                        <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:

                        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Morgen
                        > <editor@j...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > jodyrrr wrote:
                        > >
                        > > >--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Morgen

                        > > >And yet he is held up as an example of enlightenment
                        > > >for us all. God is one twisted Bitch, that's all I
                        > > >can say about it.
                        > > >
                        > > No doubt about that, which is
                        > > why your personal (dare I say?)
                        > > crusade against the occlusive
                        > > aspects of spear-chill culture
                        > > has considerable merit imo!
                        >
                        > Thanks, Bruceji.
                        >
                        > I'm having some trouble finding direct references to
                        > the idea of spiritual occlusion, outside of what I
                        > originally picked up from you. We may be out on a limb
                        > with this one, more so than I anticipated, now that
                        > I'm trying to write a book about it.

                        Yo Sri Jodyji and Sri Bruceji,
                        Like with most things I encounter in this incarnation,
                        I'm not 100% certain...of what you mean by "spiritual
                        occlusion", but I tend to think you mean things that
                        are obstacles to the direct experience of Truth/Reality/
                        Enlightenment/etc. And I think that if this is so,
                        there can never be a definite statement made in words
                        on paper or pixel or whatever. Perhaps we can only
                        state possibilities...like this formula points to:

                        Every (spiritual) belief has an
                        opposite dis-belief = occlusion.
                        Every experience has the potential to be hallucinatory
                        in nature – or real = possibly non-occlusive.

                        But getting back to the Dalai Lama, when he made the
                        "I'm not Enlightened" statement, he was smiling and
                        joyous, so I too question his seriousness about the
                        statement. Now, forgive me for "name dropping", but
                        I remember one time when Swami Satchidananda replied
                        to my question about how it felt to be considered a
                        Guru, he said that he was amazed that here in America
                        he was considered a (spiritual) giant, but in India,
                        he know he wasn't even worthy to be the dust under the
                        feet of the true giants. I think that in his own eyes,
                        he wasn't being falsely modest or anything similar, as
                        he had sat for years at the feet of Sri Aurobindo,
                        Ramana Maharshi, and Swami Sivananda and I think he
                        simply felt himself to be a vehicle and not a driver,
                        or some such analogy. And similarly, the Dalai Lama
                        often has described himself as just being a simple monk,
                        after spending years studying under the very best and
                        enlightened teachers that Tibet had to offer. In any event,
                        when I see Him, I witness my mind chatter stopping
                        and my face and heart smiling, and I'm glad He's still
                        available.
                      • Bruce Morgen
                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 21, 2005
                          medit8ionsociety wrote:

                          >--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr"
                          ><jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                          >

                          >>--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Morgen
                          >><editor@j...> wrote:

                          >"thinskinnybones"

                          >>>No doubt about that, which is
                          >>>why your personal (dare I say?)
                          >>>crusade against the occlusive
                          >>>aspects of spear-chill culture
                          >>>has considerable merit imo!
                          >>>

                          >>Thanks, Bruceji.
                          >>
                          >>I'm having some trouble finding direct references to
                          >>the idea of spiritual occlusion, outside of what I
                          >>originally picked up from you. We may be out on a limb
                          >>with this one, more so than I anticipated, now that
                          >>I'm trying to write a book about it.
                          >>

                          >Yo Sri Jodyji and Sri Bruceji,
                          >Like with most things I encounter in this incarnation,
                          >I'm not 100% certain...of what you mean by "spiritual
                          >occlusion", but I tend to think you mean things that
                          >are obstacles to the direct experience of Truth/Reality/
                          >Enlightenment/etc. And I think that if this is so,
                          >there can never be a definite statement made in words
                          >on paper or pixel or whatever. Perhaps we can only
                          >state possibilities...like this formula points to:
                          >
                          >Every (spiritual) belief has an
                          >opposite dis-belief = occlusion.
                          >Every experience has the potential to be hallucinatory
                          >in nature – or real = possibly non-occlusive.
                          >
                          >But getting back to the Dalai Lama, when he made the
                          >"I'm not Enlightened" statement, he was smiling and
                          >joyous, so I too question his seriousness about the
                          >statement. Now, forgive me for "name dropping", but
                          >I remember one time when Swami Satchidananda replied
                          >to my question about how it felt to be considered a
                          >Guru, he said that he was amazed that here in America
                          >he was considered a (spiritual) giant, but in India,
                          >he know he wasn't even worthy to be the dust under the
                          >feet of the true giants. I think that in his own eyes,
                          >he wasn't being falsely modest or anything similar, as
                          >he had sat for years at the feet of Sri Aurobindo,
                          >Ramana Maharshi, and Swami Sivananda and I think he
                          >simply felt himself to be a vehicle and not a driver,
                          >or some such analogy. And similarly, the Dalai Lama
                          >often has described himself as just being a simple monk,
                          >after spending years studying under the very best and
                          >enlightened teachers that Tibet had to offer. In any event,
                          >when I see Him, I witness my mind chatter stopping
                          >and my face and heart smiling, and I'm glad He's still
                          >available.

                          I'm glad he's around too -- and I
                          think his modesty is as entirely
                          sincere and appropriate as his
                          personal charisma is palpably,
                          chatter-stoppingly beautiful. As
                          for Swamiji, the "not a driver"
                          observation you note is something
                          all realizers essentially have in
                          common, whether they're seen as
                          "giants" by others or not. As
                          Jodyji might put it, we're all
                          marionettes on Ma's strings, the
                          key distinction of the realized
                          being an ongoing awareness of the
                          "non-doer" status of all that is
                          incarnated or otherwise manifest.
                        • blueoceantiger
                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 21, 2005
                            <editor@j...> wrote:

                            > medit8ionsociety wrote:
                            >
                            > >--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr"
                            > ><jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                            > >

                            > >>--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Morgen

                            > >"thinskinnybones"

                            > >>Thanks, Bruceji.
                            > >>
                            > >>I'm having some trouble finding direct references to
                            > >>the idea of spiritual occlusion, outside of what I
                            > >>originally picked up from you. We may be out on a limb
                            > >>with this one, more so than I anticipated, now that
                            > >>I'm trying to write a book about it.
                            > >>

                            > >Yo Sri Jodyji and Sri Bruceji,
                            > >Like with most things I encounter in this incarnation,
                            > >I'm not 100% certain...of what you mean by "spiritual
                            > >occlusion", but I tend to think you mean things that
                            > >are obstacles to the direct experience of Truth/Reality/
                            > >Enlightenment/etc. And I think that if this is so,
                            > >there can never be a definite statement made in words
                            > >on paper or pixel or whatever. Perhaps we can only
                            > >state possibilities...like this formula points to:
                            > >
                            > >Every (spiritual) belief has an
                            > >opposite dis-belief = occlusion.
                            > >Every experience has the potential to be hallucinatory
                            > >in nature – or real = possibly non-occlusive.
                            > >
                            > >But getting back to the Dalai Lama, when he made the
                            > >"I'm not Enlightened" statement, he was smiling and
                            > >joyous, so I too question his seriousness about the
                            > >statement. Now, forgive me for "name dropping", but
                            > >I remember one time when Swami Satchidananda replied
                            > >to my question about how it felt to be considered a
                            > >Guru, he said that he was amazed that here in America
                            > >he was considered a (spiritual) giant, but in India,
                            > >he know he wasn't even worthy to be the dust under the
                            > >feet of the true giants. I think that in his own eyes,
                            > >he wasn't being falsely modest or anything similar, as
                            > >he had sat for years at the feet of Sri Aurobindo,
                            > >Ramana Maharshi, and Swami Sivananda and I think he
                            > >simply felt himself to be a vehicle and not a driver,
                            > >or some such analogy. And similarly, the Dalai Lama
                            > >often has described himself as just being a simple monk,
                            > >after spending years studying under the very best and
                            > >enlightened teachers that Tibet had to offer. In any event,
                            > >when I see Him, I witness my mind chatter stopping
                            > >and my face and heart smiling, and I'm glad He's still
                            > >available.
                            > >

                            > I'm glad he's around too -- and I
                            > think his modesty is as entirely
                            > sincere and appropriate as his
                            > personal charisma is palpably,
                            > chatter-stoppingly beautiful. As
                            > for Swamiji, the "not a driver"
                            > observation you note is something
                            > all realizers essentially have in
                            > common, whether they're seen as
                            > "giants" by others or not. As
                            > Jodyji might put it, we're all
                            > marionettes on Ma's strings, the
                            > key distinction of the realized
                            > being an ongoing awareness of the
                            > "non-doer" status of all that is
                            > incarnated or otherwise manifest.

                            there are several aspects that all connect
                            to the dalai lama, the experiences people
                            have or don't have about him, and the
                            function of the dalai lama or any public
                            figure or being.

                            in my own experience he represents
                            kindness and has been an active component
                            in the collaboration between entirely
                            different religious groups. perhaps
                            there will not be integration between
                            fundamentalists but every person that
                            serves to include and relate between
                            different perspectives adds to the whole.

                            having sat with him in a very large venue and
                            in a far more intimate setting, what i found
                            was someone who is both himself, as well as
                            seeming to have an emptiness, in that a role
                            is being played but he does not take it
                            personally. like being an archetype. a cultural
                            symbol.

                            in my experience each person has a different
                            aspect of consciousness to share, or as some
                            say flavour, fragrance or essence. what he
                            models for me is a sense of simplicity, open
                            hearted humour and humility as others have
                            mentioned.

                            from my perspective such qualities do not
                            occlude but serve to increase openness
                            and perhaps increase tolerance around the
                            world. without tolerance for differences,
                            there is mainly suffering and war. each
                            person has their own unique path and there
                            is room for many different ways to call
                            each being into greater awareness. otherwise,
                            all we end up with is fundamentalism.

                            as far as enlightenment, many who are awake
                            state they cannot claim this for themselves.
                            it is rather an awareness of what is.

                            --josie--
                          • jogeshwarmahanta
                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 21, 2005
                              Dear friends,
                              Namaskar.

                              I wonder, why there is no mention of Dalai Lama's recent historical
                              contribution to neuroscience, that is, Nuroplasticity. He inagurated
                              the Society for Neuroscience conference on November 12,2005 attended
                              by some 14000 brain scientists.

                              regards,
                              Jogeshwar

                              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "blueoceantiger"
                              <jkane@d...> wrote:

> [...]
                              > is being played but he does not take it
                              > personally. like being an archetype. a cultural
                              > symbol.
                              >
                              > in my experience each person has a different
                              > aspect of consciousness to share, or as some
                              > say flavour, fragrance or essence. what he
                              > models for me is a sense of simplicity, open
                              > hearted humour and humility as others have
                              > mentioned.
                              >
                              > from my perspective such qualities do not
                              > occlude but serve to increase openness
                              > and perhaps increase tolerance around the
                              > world. without tolerance for differences,
                              > there is mainly suffering and war. each
                              > person has their own unique path and there
                              > is room for many different ways to call
                              > each being into greater awareness. otherwise,
                              > all we end up with is fundamentalism.
                              >
                              > as far as enlightenment, many who are awake
                              > state they cannot claim this for themselves.

                            • Durga
                              Message 14 of 15 , Dec 22, 2005
                                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "blueoceantiger"
                                <jkane@d...> wrote:
                                snip

                                > as far as enlightenment, many who are awake
                                > state they cannot claim this for themselves.
                                > it is rather an awareness of what is.
                                >
                                > --josie--

                                I've never seen a Tibetan teacher yet, who *did* say
                                that s/he was 'enlightened.' It's not the done thing
                                in that tradition. They will praise their own teacher,
                                heaping superlatives upon their own guru, while saying
                                that they themselves have no understanding at all.
                                I've seen this over and over again.

                                Also, I believe, that within the Tibetan tradition,
                                'enlightenment' is seen in some ways as gradual, which might
                                perhaps correspond somewhat to the Vedantic teaching of Self-
                                knowledge with pratibhandika's, that is Self-knowledge with
                                obstructions, such obstructions having more to do with past
                                mental conditioning which are still causing pain in the mind,
                                and having nothing at all to do with the actual 'recognition'
                                of the Self. (But I'm not really familiar enough with the
                                teachings of Tibetan Buddhism to say that for certain).

                                I once heard a Tibetan lama, whom I thought was a wonderful
                                teacher, with much insight, refer to himself as a 'just small
                                piece of pony poop.' So, I think that the practice of modesty
                                and self-effacement is totally in keeping with their tradition.
                                And I do think that HH was kidding when he gave his reasons
                                for not being 'enlightened.' He does have a very good
                                sense of humor, and he likes to laugh a lot.--Durga
                              • vishal pandya
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jan 27, 2006
                                  Dear all,

                                  i got that all the people who is enlighted are not having a some
                                  diffrence to find for a normal perso.

                                  for that you have to be with him just observe him and if you can do
                                  this u also find that be witness state is coming in yourself directly.
                                  i am not saying just by theory as i had a opportunity to live with
                                  enlighted person and after those days i feel that i am changed in all
                                  aspects.

                                  i am with siddhyogi shri vibhakarji. he is also able to grace
                                  kundalini shaktipat.
                                  and gracing many people in his camps of dhyana- yoga ( meditation - yoga ).

                                  you can contact his site for more details www.siddhyog.org

                                  thanks