Question about pain (From Email)

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 13, 2002
      I have constant severe pain. Is there a meditation specifically for
      pain?
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 14, 2002
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > I have constant severe pain. Is there a meditation specifically for
        > pain?

        There are several ways to go with this. A fine meditation technique,
        especially for those who believe in a deity, is the Visualization of a
        Deity technique, which can be found at:
        http://www.meditationsociety.com/week26.html This gives you the
        opportunity to surrender and offer your pain to your God, which may be
        the sacrifice that most pleases your deity. God doesn't want you to
        suffer, and pain can be looked at as a learning experience, and once
        you have appreciated it's lesson, it is appropriate to give it up.
        God, as the Savior, is glad to take your suffering from you. Another
        technique that has helped many can be found at:
        It is titled Visualization of Cellular Healing and offers 8 different
        techniques. The eighth one is specific for pain.

        Many people have found that breathing techniques are very efficient at
        releasing endorphins, and producing a soothing relief from pain. One
        simple technique titled 1-1-1, is done by inhaling for one unit of
        time, holding the breath for one unit of time, and exhaling for one
        unit of time. The "unit of time" is whatever is comfortable for you -
        one second, 2 seconds...whatever. Another thing to do while doing
        1-1-1 is to visualize healing and pain relief filling you with each
        inhalation, see the healing reach into every area of discomfort while
        holding the breath, and then send the pain out with every exhale.

        I also hope you are following your physician's directions and using
        the medications s/he has ordered for you, in the exact way they have
        been prescribed.

        I hope this helps, and wish you well.
        Peace and blessings,
        Bob Rose, President,
        Meditation Society of America
      • G <crystalkundalini@hotmail.com>
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 14, 2002
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > I have constant severe pain. Is there a meditation specifically for
          > pain?

          G: you might try first relaxing into a natural breath... let it slow
          until coming from diaphram... step back and witness the pain but
          don't cling to it... if you can develop a distance then you can go
          into it without resistance and it will become less...

          it might take a bit of work but with patience you can get there..

          shanti om ..g..