Journal Entry - December 13 - tosime

  • tosime
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 13, 2002
      Journal Entry - tosime
      Date: December 13
      Time: 08:35 a.m.
      Duration: 50 minutes (open)
      Posture: Seated on chair
      Body: Eyes closed,
      - tongue tip to pallet,
      - hands on knees-index finger touching thumb.
      Room Condition: Darkened room
      - One candle
      - Incense - one stick
      - Essential Oil - (Dawn+water on burner)
      Pre-session: Ring Bell
      (Ring out distractions - Ring in peace)
      - Sip of water
      - Ear plugs
      - full body stretch (3 times).
      Previous day's influence: Reading my journal post as a receiver
      Mind Chatter: Low - Medium.
      Waves of bliss: None.
      Chant (silent): "...Reaching for the sky just to surrender"
      Experience: Good Session.

      Result:

      A Leonard Cohen song kept turning in my mind yesterday so I decided to use
      it in my meditation.

      The Stranger Song
      It's true that all the men you knew were dealers
      who said they were through with dealing
      Every time you gave them shelter
      I know that kind of man
      It's hard to hold the hand of anyone
      who is reaching for the sky just to surrender,
      who is reaching for the sky just to surrender.

      And then sweeping up the jokers that he left behind
      you find he did not leave you very much
      not even laughter
      Like any dealer he was watching for the card
      that is so high and wild
      he'll never need to deal another
      He was just some Joseph looking for a manger
      He was just some Joseph looking for a manger...

      "Reaching for the sky just to surrender"

      Just after the start I "felt" the scent of the oil burner. This was more a
      tingling sensation in my nose than the scent of the oil burner. I opened my
      eyes and looked at the oil burner. I then had the insight that understanding
      intuition needs a different sensory organ (i.e. eyes) even though the normal
      perception is through thought.

      It got a little complex, but I felt that intuition is really the part of you
      that creates the world we think we are perceiving. What we see as intuition
      is really seeing what we have created before it comes to us through our
      normal senses. I did not have a full understanding of this. However it
      helped me to see problems as internal conflicts rather than external
      situations.

      After writing this I lost the other insights from this meditation session.