Re: Interesting Question From email

  • kmckenzie92765 <kathleenm@ynotprod.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12, 2002
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > XXXX Wrote:
      >
      > I love the website... lots of great words and techniques ;) much
      > respect.
      >
      > I'm having a kid soon. I am only 19. I was wondering if there was
      any
      > advice on raising my son right. I want him to realize at a young age
      > that we are all 1, and love is the way to go... you know, our common
      > belief of the universe.
      >
      > I don't want to treat him as if I am schooling him on something,
      but I
      > just want him going in the right track, etc.
      >
      > Any tips and advice would be greatly welcome.

      Dear XXXX -- The concept that we are one is a difficult one for a
      child to grasp. Model your beliefs for him -- that is, try in every
      situation to follow your highest beliefs. The integrity of your life
      will teach him. If you do this, you, yourself, will be constantly
      growing and stretching and changing and your child will see your
      effort. He will come to understand that changing his understanding
      of "God" is okay, that we all learn as we grow and it's unending.

      Also, please know that your child comes into this life with his own
      path to follow and lessons to learn. It may be that no matter how you
      model your beliefs, he will resist learning that we are all one.
      Speaking from experience, this can be very hard for a parent to
      accept and you might feel you have "failed." When you look at
      yourself and realize you lived with integrity, hopefully you will be
      content and happy with your own life regardless of what your child
      does.

      Peace and blessings Kathleen