Weekly Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 3, 2005
      Correct the Mirror
      "Normally our minds are not clean, not quiet.
      There are a lot of waves in the pond. When you
      want to see your own face in a bowl of water,
      how should the water be? Clear and peaceful.
      If there are waves in the water, what kind of
      face do you see? A terrible one! Do you run to
      a doctor? No. Because you know that there is
      nothing wrong with your face. There is something
      wrong with the mirror. So you correct the mirror,
      and you see your face again. That is the aim of
      Yoga. You don't have to do anything to the face
      itself. It is always clean. Nobody can pollute God.
      But you don't see it yourself because the
      mirror--the mind--is dirty. Calm the mirror.
      Clean the mirror. Purify it and see your true face.

      For moe by and about Swamiji:
      http://yogaville.org
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 3, 2009
        What Makes You Beautiful?

        "The more you worry about your weight,
        the more sick you become. The worry itself
        causes increase in weight because many
        people eat a lot when they worry. The more
        you think of weight, the more weight you
        will have. As you think, so you become.
        Worry is the most dangerous disease. Keep
        the mind healthy always. If someone doesn't
        want to like you because of your weight, that
        person is interested only in your flesh, not
        in your qualities. What will make a person
        beautiful? The beauty of wisdom that dawns
        through tranquility of mind. We have enough
        troubles and worries. Yogis should not be
        bothered with weight issues. Let us think
        of more important things in life that could
        bring peace, joy and harmony.

        For more by and about Swamiji:
        http://yogaville.org/