Re: [Meditation Society of America] Meditation practice and a busy life

  • mani kumara
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 30, 2005
      I agree.while same place same meditation time is the best thing,but it is a luxury few can aford.When i read Echart tolle's power of now,i realise that meditation is being aware all the time.To still the chattering mind nothing more is required than just quiet non participative oservation.whatever we are doing being aware of that tantamounts to mediation i think.
      T.k.Mani

      Shashi Sadhu <shashisadhu@...> wrote:
      Namaste
      I have the same question as Matt. I am a working mom with 2 toddler girls. I barely have time to keep the discipline of meditating every morning. One thing I try to do is do my practice every night before I go to bed be it for at leas 10 minutes.
      I would like to really hear from others in similar shoes as mine.
      Shashi

      Matt Ready <mattready@...> wrote:
      Hello everyone,

      I am really enjoying the dialogue with this group.  I treasure the practice of meditation yet I struggle with maintaining the discipline to practice regularly.  I was wondering if any of you have overwhelmingly busy lives with family and kids and if you have any tips on how to keep you on practice?

      I know one thing I have been looking for is other people who also value meditation...and although I haven't found many I can meet face to face, I am very happy to have found this group.

      Matt

      A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
      an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
      --Sir Winston Churchill

      Shashi Sadhu
      510-226-6008

      Health and wellnessAlternative medicineHealth wellness product
      Health and wellness programHealth promotion and wellnessBusiness health wellness

    • jodyrrr
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 5, 2005
        <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

        > Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta Swami
        > 1
        >
        > The statue or photo is the inert object.

        So is Datta's brain if he believes he's an
        incarnation of Dattatreya.
      • prakki surya
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 5, 2005
          Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta Swami
          Rejection Of Incarnation – Same Cinema

          In Christianity Jesus is called as Emmanuel, which means that God comes down from heaven to live with us. Only a human form can live with us and guide us through knowledge. The Popes at that time also did not believe Jesus as God or at least as Son of God or even as messenger of the God. They did not like the God to be introduced in human being as you say now. They believed only the dead messengers and not Jesus, who was the then messenger. The same logic applies today also. You believe the messenger who does not exist now. You do not believe the messenger who now exists before your eyes. Jesus told that He would come again. It means that the same human incarnation will come again and the same story repeats. The same Jesus is present today and the same people who were blind with egoism and jealousy are present again today. Therefore, I say, the history repeats.

          As Jesus was insulted, then, today also the egoistic and jealous people will insult Jesus. Jesus will come in every human generation to give His direct contact. Otherwise, God Jesus becomes partial, because He gave direct contact to one generation only and not to the other generations. He clarified the doubts of one generation only through His direct voice and now He allows the immature human devotees to answer the doubts directly in the other human generations. He provided the fortune of touching His feet in one generation only and other generations are deprived of that fortune. This makes Jesus totally partial and you say that God is impartial. All the religions also say the same. How can you justify this important statement that God is impartial? Therefore, we have accepted that God is coming in human form like Jesus in every human generation. To avoid answer to this, you are saying that reasoning should be avoided. When reasoning is discarded, you need not answer any question. Whatever you say that must be the truth. You are rigid without any logic and this is the blind conservatism. This cancer is present in every religion and humanity is always is divided by this cancer. You are opposing the unity of humanity and want to disturb the world peace. God will not tolerate you, and you will be thrown in to permanent hell for misleading the ignorant people.

          If you see Bible, Jesus gives reason everywhere in His concepts. For every statement He gives the reason. When the priests asked Him that He should not have saved the animal, which has fallen in the pit on the festival day, He gave the reason for His effort to save that animal. He analyzed the Old Testament and gave logical interpretations. He did not mind to cut some irrational blind statements present in the Old Testament, by giving rational modifications. He has fulfilled His duty to be the true guide of the humanity. Whenever He leaves the world these rigid people twist and pollute the meanings of scriptures. To rectify He comes again and again. When the teacher leaves for a few minutes the class becomes undisciplined. The teacher comes to the class again and again. For teaching, the human form is essential.

          A statue cannot teach you. If you think Him formless, He is not speaking to you from the sky or space or air. The human body is most convenient medium for the human beings to hear preaching of the God. The main goal of God is to preach the human beings and correct them to put in the right spiritual path. For beginners, He does some miracles as signs for His presence in the human body. The realized souls will detect Him even without those signs. Sheep see the shepherd and come near by recognizing him with eyes. Some milder sheep come near by hearing his voice, which is a miracle. The mildest sheep try to go away and are punished by the stick of shepherd, which is nothing but permanent hell.

          Therefore, if you keep Jesus in the place of the present human incarnation and place the same blind priests in the place of present blind followers, you can understand the truth because the same story and the same cinema is repeated with different actors having different names. This is the best way of understanding the truth. Those priests also opposed Jesus, when He argued with wonderful reason. The duty of the teacher finishes by teaching clearly to the class. It is up to the student to grasp it and pass or twist it and fail following the sweet emotional advises of bad blind friends. The Lord is not worried about the percentage of pass because there is no fault in His teaching. He should not be blamed for the pass or failure of the students. A student himself is to be blamed.

          When the messenger comes to the earth, he delivers his duty so that the God is pleased with him in the upper world. He is not bothered about the fame in this world or the number of followers. God will not find fault with the messenger if the human beings did not pass. He finds fault with the messenger if the message is not properly delivered. Jesus never bothered about propagation of His knowledge. His aim was only to sit on the right side of His pleased Father after doing the duty assigned by Him. He never cared even if the people rejected, insulted and even crucified Him. His aim was God but not the world.

            posted by: His servant
            at the lotus feet of shri datta swami
            www.universal-spirituality.org

          jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:
          <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

          > Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta Swami
          >               1
          > The statue or photo is the inert object.
          So is Datta's brain if he believes he's an
          incarnation of Dattatreya.

          Yahoo! Personals

        • jodyrrr
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 6, 2005
            <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

            > Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta Swami
            > Rejection Of Incarnation –

            It's called discrimination. Datta is a wackadoo
            nutbag, as are you for believing his nonsense.

            But please post one of his messages in Q. and A.
            format so I can have something to post on my blog.
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 6, 2005
              <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:

              > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, prakki surya
              > <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta Swami
              > > Rejection Of Incarnation –
              >
              > It's called discrimination. Datta is a wackadoo
              > nutbag, as are you for believing his nonsense.
              >
              > But please post one of his messages in Q. and A.
              > format so I can have something to post on my blog.

              Yo Sri Jodiji,
              Please post the URL of your (excellent and enjoyable) blog.
              Thanks!
            • jodyrrr
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 7, 2005
                <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                > >
                > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, prakki surya
                > > <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta Swami
                > > > Rejection Of Incarnation –
                > >
                > > It's called discrimination. Datta is a wackadoo
                > > nutbag, as are you for believing his nonsense.
                > >
                > > But please post one of his messages in Q. and A.
                > > format so I can have something to post on my blog.
                > >
                > Yo Sri Jodiji,
                > Please post the URL of your (excellent and enjoyable) blog.
                > Thanks!
                > Peace and blessings,
                > Bob

                No problem, Bobji:

                http://guruphiliac.org

                Here are my Datta entries:

                http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2005/11/lord-datta-lion.html
                http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2005/09/three-faced-swami.html

                --jody.
              • prakki surya
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 7, 2005

                  Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta Swami

                  In the word Satguru, the prefix ‘Sat’ means truth.  A Satguru always preaches the truth.  Truth is always harsh and is not liked by several people.  Therefore a Satguru will have only very few disciples.  A Satguru says that the path with thorns will lead to the Lord.  People will not like this.    He also says that the path with flowers leads to hell.   People will not be happy with this preaching.  A Guru preaches which several people like.  The Guru says that the nature of the goal will be the nature of the path.  Since the Lord is full of bliss the path also must be with flowers giving happiness.  Since the hell is giving you lot of pain the path with thorns which also gives lot of pain must lead to the hell.   This argument is very attractive.

                  Several people will like this and will become the followers of Guru.  Several people will praise him and give lot of Guru Dakshina because his argument is pleasant.  But a Satguru says that the path with thorns alone will lead to the Lord because in this path you have to cut the bonds with your family and with your hard-earned money.  Sacrifice gives lot of pain and sacrifice alone will lead to the Lord.  The path with flowers strengthens your bonds with your family and money which gives you lot of happiness.  Such path leads to the hell.

                   Several people do not like such argument and so only one or two persons who can realize the truth will become His disciples.    A Satguru   will   never   worry   about the number of the disciples and about the quantity of Guru Dakshina.  Even if a single disciple is available He is happy.  Majority always goes to hell.    Only one in millions like Sankara, Vivekananda, Meera can reach the Lord.    Diamonds are always in minority.  Gravel stones are in majority.  Therefore a Satguru will be only one in thousands of Gurus and a true disciple will be only one in millions of disciples.  When you are doing prayers you are praising the Lord as a poet praises a king.  The foolish king may give some gift to the poet.

                   But the omniscient Lord can never be fooled by such praise.  When you sing songs are chant the name of the Lord or express the feelings of devotion by shedding tears or by meditation you are getting the happiness and peace immediately.  You have achieved the fruit.  The Lord will not give another fruit for these things.  When you are pained and loose peace by cutting the family bonds and by sacrificing your work and wealth to the Lord, then only the Lord will give the real gift to you.  When you are working in the field for the owner, doing the work pains you.  The owner will pay money for your work.  Without doing the work, if you are simply chanting the name of the owner or sing songs on the owner, a wise owner will never give any gift.

                  You have already derived the bliss and peace by eating the sweet in your hand.  Why should I pay you when you are eating the sweet?    When you sacrifice the sweet to me I shall pay you.  A Satguru teaches only the sacrifice which is the path with thorns leading to the Lord.   Veda says that sacrifice alone can bring the grace of the Lord (Dhanene Tyagenaike).   If   you ask   the payment by prayers and devotion the Lord will pay you from your pocket only.  He will bring the results of good deeds from your future life cycles and present them to you.  But when you are sacrificing the sweet to the Lord in spite of your hunger and your heart pain, the Lord rewards you from His pocket.  Therefore the true path leading to the Lord can be identified by loss of peace, mental worry, pain etc., The path to the hell is identified by peace, happiness, benefit etc., Satguru leads you to the Lord and Guru leads you to the hell.

                  jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:
                  <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

                  >   Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta Swami
                  >   Rejection Of Incarnation –

                  It's called discrimination.

                  Yahoo! Shopping

                  Yahoo! Shopping

                • jodyrrr
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 8, 2005
                    <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

                    [snip]

                    > Satguru leads you to the Lord and Guru leads you
                    > to the hell.

                    Stunning, self-serving ignorance, noted.