Meditation practice and a busy life

  • Matt Ready
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 29, 2005
      Hello everyone,

      I am really enjoying the dialogue with this group.  I treasure the practice of meditation yet I struggle with maintaining the discipline to practice regularly.  I was wondering if any of you have overwhelmingly busy lives with family and kids and if you have any tips on how to keep you on practice?

      I know one thing I have been looking for is other people who also value meditation...and although I haven't found many I can meet face to face, I am very happy to have found this group.

      Matt
    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 29, 2005
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Matt Ready
        <mattready@g...> wrote:

        > Hello everyone,
        >
        > I am really enjoying the dialogue with this group. I treasure the
        practice
        > of meditation yet I struggle with maintaining the discipline to
        practice
        > regularly. I was wondering if any of you have overwhelmingly busy
        lives
        > with family and kids and if you have any tips on how to keep you on
        > practice?
        >
        > I know one thing I have been looking for is other people who also
        value
        > meditation...and although I haven't found many I can meet face to
        face, I am
        > very happy to have found this group.
        >
        > Matt

        Hi Matt -

        When you're "Ready" you'll find the time.
        OK, OK, couldn't resist that one.

        Here's a simple approach to meditation
        that will not interfere with a busy schedule
        or disrupt your day in any way (other than
        positively), and as a matter of fact will
        enhance your awareness and create efficiencies
        in your use of time that may surprise you:

        Begin with simple Quiet Awareness; that is,
        in the midst of whatever you're doing (or
        not doing), simply choose to be nowhere (now here)
        except in the moment of your immediate
        environment and activity. Just notice
        the sights, sounds, colors, aroma of
        everything thing. Think of it as just
        a quiet awareness that slows down the
        internal chatterbox.

        A second step is to continue with what
        you are doing, and once you have slipped
        into quiet awareness, simply notice your
        breathing. Notice when you are inhaling
        and when you are exhaling. This Breath
        Awareness will allow you to prolong the
        Quiet Awareness longer.

        Do this several times a day when it occurs
        to you and the result may pleasantly surprise
        you.

        I said (wrote) that it was simple.

        Jeff

        PS: I teach meditation classes in St. Pete, Florida
        and been a meditator for 30 years. It is of value
        beyond words. I use it to teach practical approaches
        to life/career goals. If you'd like to check out
        my website, email back and I'll give you the site
        name.
      • prakki surya
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 29, 2005

          Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta Swami

          1
          The statue or photo is the inert object.  The form carved in a stone or painted on a paper is also an imaginary form and not even a direct photo.  The statues and photos are only models representing the concept, which is knowledge.  The form of statues and photos is mainly human form, which represents the concept that the Lord always comes to this world in human form as said in Gita (Manusheem Tanu Masritam).

          Please remember that Gita did not tell that the Lord would come in any other form.  The forms of fish, tortoise etc., were only temporarily to kill the demons and nobody worshipped such forms during their time.  But Rama, Krishna etc were the human forms worshipped by several devotees like Hanuman and Gopikas. The Lord will come in every human generation; otherwise, He becomes partial to a particular generation. If necessary the Lord can come whenever there is necessity as said in Gita (Yedaa yedaahi).

          Once this concept is realized, there is no need of temple and statue for you. You should go from school to college and then to university. This does not mean that when you leave the school, the school should be destroyed. The school must exist for the future batches. Therefore for you, the statue and the photo are not necessary and this does not mean that the statues, photos and temples should be broken. They should be protected and must be respected as the models of divine knowledge for the future ignorant devotees. Some devotees cannot accept the human form, which is before their eyes as said in Veda (Pratyaksha dvishah).

           For such devotees the statues and photos are necessary for meditation since they are at the school level.   The statues and photos are useful for the meditation of such limited minds as said in Sastra (Pratima svalpa buddhinam). Veda says that the Lord does not exist in the inert objects (Natasya pratima, Nedamtat), but says that the inert objects can stand as models representing the Lord   (Adityam brahmeti).

           Therefore seeing and meditation upon the statues and photos are correct in the case of the ignorant devotees.  But the other rituals like offering food, burning camphor, fume sticks, oil lamps and breaking coconuts, offering flowers etc. are not mentioned in Vedas and there are unnecessary and are causing the air pollution harming the humanity. All these unnecessary rituals should be avoided.

          Offering food should also be done to the human form of the Lord only but not to the inert statues. Ijya or Yajna is cooking and offering of the food. Gita says that such Ijya should not be done to the inert objects.  In the name of the statues, people are stealing the food and money. The statue and photo is not taking the food or Gurudakshina.  The people behind the statue are taking those things and most of them are either cheating or wasting the money with ignorance.  Whatever the Gurudakshina is given should go only to the priest and not the managing devotees. The business of the merchants by selling such materials in the temples should be stopped, because such materials are not even heard in Veda.  Of course, the priest should be a Satguru and preach the divine knowledge to the devotees and the devotees should give Gurudakshina to such Satguru only. Thus, the temple should become a center of learning selfless devotion and divine knowledge and the priest must do only  ‘Janna Eagan’ in the temple and not the ‘dravya Eagan ’ as said in the Gila (Sreyaan dravyamayat).

          Gita condemned such Ijya before inert objects because such Ijya is only cheating and business. Such a devotee will be born as inert object (Bhutejya yanti). This business is connected to removal of the fruits of sins and getting the fruits of good deeds, which are not done.

           All this is false, because the theory of ‘karma’ says that one has to suffer for all his bad deeds and can never get the result of any good deed without doing it (Avasyamanubhoktavyam…kalpakotisatairapi). The spiritual path should be preached in the temple, which must be ‘nishkama karma yoga’ i.e., sacrifice of work and sacrifice of fruit (money) of the work to the Lord without aspiring any fruit in return.  Remember, that only the Ijya is condemned and not the temples or statues, which are the models of the divine knowledge.

            posted by: His servant
            at the lotus feet of shri datta swami
            www.universal-spirituality.org

        • Sandeep
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 29, 2005
            Matt/Sashi,

            There is the act of meditational technique, which is durational, time-space-specific.....
            ...... and there is a gestalt of meditativeness, from which arises, everything whether it is  the act of changing a baby diaper or the act of Paranayam.

            The gestalt of meditativeness is not conditional to anything.

            Including, that it is not
            conditional to anything.

            If it is, it is not meditativeness.

            It is this meditativeness, which is the awareness of the arising/dissipitating thought(s), the taking delivering of the thoughts and their external actualization, viz the physical action......... which thus creates  the sense of personal doership (It is I who is getting pissed off at this screaming toddler, or why am I not reaching Nirvana as this meditation book/Guru had promised, etc etc) ......

            .......which thus infers the sense of the entitification, the sense of the existential, independent, separated reality of an "Matt" or a "Shashi".

            When this entire and constant hoopla,........... ocurring moment after moment after moment, is apperceived......

            .....the gestalt of meditativeness.

            Which ever shines, whether you are chasing to close a sales pitch, or get a kid to eat her beans.

            Or whether doing intense Kapal Bhatti or reflecting on the Self with a capital S.

            Shashi Sadhu wrote:
            Namaste
            I have the same question as Matt. I am a working mom with 2 toddler girls. I barely have time to keep the discipline of meditating every morning. One thing I try to do is do my practice every night before I go to bed be it for at leas 10 minutes.
            I would like to really hear from others in similar shoes as mine.
            Shashi

            Matt Ready <mattready@...> wrote:
            Hello everyone,

            I am really enjoying the dialogue with this group.  I treasure the practice of meditation yet I struggle with maintaining the discipline to practice regularly.  I was wondering if any of you have overwhelmingly busy lives with family and kids and if you have any tips on how to keep you on practice?

            I know one thing I have been looking for is other people who also value meditation...and although I haven't found many I can meet face to face, I am very happy to have found this group.

            Matt

            A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
            an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
            --Sir Winston Churchill

            Shashi Sadhu
            510-226-6008
          • Sandeep
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 29, 2005
              Thus it is not whether in Life...... discrete , separated acts  of meditational methodology is happening,....... whether for 10 mins or 10 hours.......

              ......but whether it is a meditative Life that is occurring...... moment after moment after moment.......

              .......irrespective of the content of the moment.

              A meditativeness which is irrespective of energetic toddlers running circles around you ....

              .... irrespective of the pressures to pay the monthly bills....

              .... and irrespective of the act of sitting in zazen or whatever is the favourite technique.

              Matt Ready <mattready@...> wrote:
              Hello everyone,

              I am really enjoying the dialogue with this group.  I treasure the practice of meditation yet I struggle with maintaining the discipline to practice regularly.  I was wondering if any of you have overwhelmingly busy lives with family and kids and if you have any tips on how to keep you on practice?

              I know one thing I have been looking for is other people who also value meditation...and although I haven't found many I can meet face to face, I am very happy to have found this group.

              Matt

              A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
              an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
              --Sir Winston Churchill

              Shashi Sadhu
              510-226-6008
            • Tony Osime2
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 30, 2005
                Matt and Shashi, Thanks for this question:

                One of the things I have learnt from meditation is that the value of life is
                not the quantity of things you do but the quality of things you do. As you
                meditate you will come to appreciate the quality of the time you spend
                meditating and how this quality time improves the quality of the time you
                spend outside meditation.

                Too busy is simply a frame of mind. Meditation helps you look at this frame
                and decide if it is a nice frame to have or maybe another frame would be
                better. Approach your meditation with the perspective of it helping you to
                appreciate the true value of time and this will improve your frame of mind.

                With this new frame of mind you will find that the quality of your life
                improves as you make better decisions on what you do day to day. The fact
                that you have asked this question tells me you are already on your way to a
                higher quality life.

                On a more practical note, I have found that my meditation adapts to the time
                I give to meditation. So I would not worry too much about how long you spend
                meditating, but make sure you meditate regularly. As you get into a good
                rhythm of regular meditation, your mind will adapt and make the best use of
                the time you do give. If you are not regular, your progress will be very
                slow as too much energy will be used in the setting up for the deeper levels
                of meditation.

                Tony Osime
                In Plain English - Please do not use this email or send it to anyone without
                asking me first. Let me know if you got it in error.
              • doug
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 30, 2005
                  Hi Matt and Sashi.

                  In addition to Jeff's suggestion I'd add two things. First, it's
                  important to not allow the momentum of life's circumstances to dominate
                  your ability to sit regularly. Sometimes it requires a warrior's
                  attitude to fight that momentum and do whatever it takes to "slot in"
                  your time to meditate and make circumstances bend to your needs. This is
                  not just an issue of will however, it is also a very necessary and very
                  important shift in attitude towards circumstances generally.
                  Circumstances are one of the most significant forces disturbing our
                  minds and it's important to take a firm, conscious stand about them
                  right from the beginning. By resisting circumstances to the extent that
                  you can actually sit down for 20 minutes a day you will in fact be
                  making such a stand.

                  Second, again in addition to Jeff's methods you can also approach your
                  day to day circumstances in a meditative fashion by working at not
                  judging those circumstances. By not judging you will retain a calmer
                  mind and you will therefore enable a deeper seeing into the true nature
                  of those circumstances and then be able to respond from a clearer, more
                  accurate postion. This same meditative technique can be applied to all
                  of the people you are dealing with in those circumstances.

                  Good luck in your practice.

                  Cheers, Doug.

                  ________________________________
                  http://www.mymeditationcave.com
                • prakki surya
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 30, 2005

                    Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta Swami

                    The Divine preaching of Holy Jesus is the top most Gospel in the world and touches the climax of the truth.  For example Holy Krishna says in Gita that one should withdraw himself from the family bonds slowly like a tortoise withdrawing its limbs (Kurmo ngaaneeva).  The tradition of Datta is to cut the family bonds by the Sword of Knowledge as per Gita (Jnanaasi natmanah).

                     But Holy Jesus says that one should hate these family bonds to become His disciple.  Cutting the bond is Zero.  Existing in the bond is Plus and hating the bond is Minus.  Zero is near to Plus and Minus is very far.  So if you cut the bond it may form again.  But if you hate the bond the bond will never be formed so that the bond with the Lord alone is eternal.

                      See the preaching of Lord Jesus with impartial attitude and without conservatism.  After all a diamond is diamond whether it is foreign diamond or Indian diamond.  Thus Holy Jesus is the king of all the divine preachers.  He is like the Sun from whom these divine sentences radiate like rays.

                    Holy Bible speaks about the ever-lasting fire and that the souls have no rebirth. Hindu scriptures say that the soul has rebirth. Both these can be convinced and co-related. The condemned souls enter the everlasting fire, which means that these souls take the births as animals, birds, worms etc, which are like the fire due to the continuous agony.  The word “everlasting” means that once the soul enters into the cycle of these births the soul will never come back to the human birth. The rebirth as a human being as told in the Hindu scriptures can be again co-related with the Holy Bible.

                    Holy Jesus says that the Kingdom of God is extended into this world. The meaning of this is that whenever God comes in human form to stay with us (Immanuel), the disciples of the Lord will be staying in this divine Kingdom on the throwns equally with the Lord. This means the servants of the Lord will take rebirth as human beings and will be preaching here and they will be respected like God.

                    For Ex: The Holy Pope is given the status of God. The Holy Pope and other such top most Bishops and pious Fathers who are indulged in the propagation of the knowledge will get the status of God here itself in this world. Thus, the inner sense is the same in all the scriptures, which is spoken in different ways. The ways are different but the real essence is the same.

                    The aim of human life is to achieve the grace that is the love of God. Even if you earn more money you are not carrying it after death.  Very little money is sufficient to eat and drink which the animals and the birds are also doing even without money.  If the aim of the money is only eating, drinking and enjoying, you will be born as animal or bird or worm in the next birth.

                     If your file is opened in the upper world you will not get definitely the human birth. When you serve the Lord in this world when He comes in the human form then only you can get human birth without any enquiry in order to serve the Lord when the Lord reincarnates. You must recognize the Lord by His knowledge, because Veda says that knowledge is Brahman.

                    Only miracles are not the signs since demons also performed miracles. Gita says that the Lord comes down in human form (Maanusheem tanu masritam). Gita also says that it is very difficult to worship formless (Avyaktahi).  Gita also says that if one worships the inert statue, he will be born as a stone (Bhutejya yanti Bhutani).

                     So you must serve the Lord by doing practical service which consists of 1) Sacrifice of work 2) Sacrifice of fruit of work (money), which is also a form of work. The Sacrifice must be to the full extent. When a beggar gives one rupee that is greater than one lakh given by a multi lakhier because the beggar has sacrificed what ever he possessed.  Holy Jesus appreciated one old lady who donated whatever she possessed, as the highest divine soul.

                      posted by: His servant
                      at the lotus feet of shri datta swami
                      www.universal-spirituality.org

                  • mani kumara
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 30, 2005
                      I agree.while same place same meditation time is the best thing,but it is a luxury few can aford.When i read Echart tolle's power of now,i realise that meditation is being aware all the time.To still the chattering mind nothing more is required than just quiet non participative oservation.whatever we are doing being aware of that tantamounts to mediation i think.
                      T.k.Mani

                      Matt Ready <mattready@...> wrote:
                      Hello everyone,

                      I am really enjoying the dialogue with this group.  I treasure the practice of meditation yet I struggle with maintaining the discipline to practice regularly.  I was wondering if any of you have overwhelmingly busy lives with family and kids and if you have any tips on how to keep you on practice?

                      I know one thing I have been looking for is other people who also value meditation...and although I haven't found many I can meet face to face, I am very happy to have found this group.

                      Matt

                      A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
                      an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
                      --Sir Winston Churchill

                      Shashi Sadhu
                      510-226-6008

                      Health and wellnessAlternative medicineHealth wellness product
                      Health and wellness programHealth promotion and wellnessBusiness health wellness

                    • jodyrrr
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 5, 2005
                        <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

                        > Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta Swami
                        > 1
                        >
                        > The statue or photo is the inert object.

                        So is Datta's brain if he believes he's an
                        incarnation of Dattatreya.
                      • prakki surya
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 5, 2005
                          Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta Swami
                          Rejection Of Incarnation – Same Cinema

                          In Christianity Jesus is called as Emmanuel, which means that God comes down from heaven to live with us. Only a human form can live with us and guide us through knowledge. The Popes at that time also did not believe Jesus as God or at least as Son of God or even as messenger of the God. They did not like the God to be introduced in human being as you say now. They believed only the dead messengers and not Jesus, who was the then messenger. The same logic applies today also. You believe the messenger who does not exist now. You do not believe the messenger who now exists before your eyes. Jesus told that He would come again. It means that the same human incarnation will come again and the same story repeats. The same Jesus is present today and the same people who were blind with egoism and jealousy are present again today. Therefore, I say, the history repeats.

                          As Jesus was insulted, then, today also the egoistic and jealous people will insult Jesus. Jesus will come in every human generation to give His direct contact. Otherwise, God Jesus becomes partial, because He gave direct contact to one generation only and not to the other generations. He clarified the doubts of one generation only through His direct voice and now He allows the immature human devotees to answer the doubts directly in the other human generations. He provided the fortune of touching His feet in one generation only and other generations are deprived of that fortune. This makes Jesus totally partial and you say that God is impartial. All the religions also say the same. How can you justify this important statement that God is impartial? Therefore, we have accepted that God is coming in human form like Jesus in every human generation. To avoid answer to this, you are saying that reasoning should be avoided. When reasoning is discarded, you need not answer any question. Whatever you say that must be the truth. You are rigid without any logic and this is the blind conservatism. This cancer is present in every religion and humanity is always is divided by this cancer. You are opposing the unity of humanity and want to disturb the world peace. God will not tolerate you, and you will be thrown in to permanent hell for misleading the ignorant people.

                          If you see Bible, Jesus gives reason everywhere in His concepts. For every statement He gives the reason. When the priests asked Him that He should not have saved the animal, which has fallen in the pit on the festival day, He gave the reason for His effort to save that animal. He analyzed the Old Testament and gave logical interpretations. He did not mind to cut some irrational blind statements present in the Old Testament, by giving rational modifications. He has fulfilled His duty to be the true guide of the humanity. Whenever He leaves the world these rigid people twist and pollute the meanings of scriptures. To rectify He comes again and again. When the teacher leaves for a few minutes the class becomes undisciplined. The teacher comes to the class again and again. For teaching, the human form is essential.

                          A statue cannot teach you. If you think Him formless, He is not speaking to you from the sky or space or air. The human body is most convenient medium for the human beings to hear preaching of the God. The main goal of God is to preach the human beings and correct them to put in the right spiritual path. For beginners, He does some miracles as signs for His presence in the human body. The realized souls will detect Him even without those signs. Sheep see the shepherd and come near by recognizing him with eyes. Some milder sheep come near by hearing his voice, which is a miracle. The mildest sheep try to go away and are punished by the stick of shepherd, which is nothing but permanent hell.

                          Therefore, if you keep Jesus in the place of the present human incarnation and place the same blind priests in the place of present blind followers, you can understand the truth because the same story and the same cinema is repeated with different actors having different names. This is the best way of understanding the truth. Those priests also opposed Jesus, when He argued with wonderful reason. The duty of the teacher finishes by teaching clearly to the class. It is up to the student to grasp it and pass or twist it and fail following the sweet emotional advises of bad blind friends. The Lord is not worried about the percentage of pass because there is no fault in His teaching. He should not be blamed for the pass or failure of the students. A student himself is to be blamed.

                          When the messenger comes to the earth, he delivers his duty so that the God is pleased with him in the upper world. He is not bothered about the fame in this world or the number of followers. God will not find fault with the messenger if the human beings did not pass. He finds fault with the messenger if the message is not properly delivered. Jesus never bothered about propagation of His knowledge. His aim was only to sit on the right side of His pleased Father after doing the duty assigned by Him. He never cared even if the people rejected, insulted and even crucified Him. His aim was God but not the world.

                          jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:
                          <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

                          > Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta Swami
                          >               1
                          > The statue or photo is the inert object.
                          So is Datta's brain if he believes he's an
                          incarnation of Dattatreya.

                          Yahoo! Personals

                        • jodyrrr
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 6, 2005
                            <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

                            > Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta Swami
                            > Rejection Of Incarnation –

                            It's called discrimination. Datta is a wackadoo
                            nutbag, as are you for believing his nonsense.

                            But please post one of his messages in Q. and A.
                            format so I can have something to post on my blog.
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 6, 2005
                              <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:

                              > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, prakki surya
                              > <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta Swami
                              > > Rejection Of Incarnation –
                              >
                              > It's called discrimination. Datta is a wackadoo
                              > nutbag, as are you for believing his nonsense.
                              >
                              > But please post one of his messages in Q. and A.
                              > format so I can have something to post on my blog.

                              Yo Sri Jodiji,
                              Please post the URL of your (excellent and enjoyable) blog.
                              Thanks!
                            • jodyrrr
                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 7, 2005
                                <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                                > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, prakki surya
                                > > <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta Swami
                                > > > Rejection Of Incarnation –
                                > >
                                > > It's called discrimination. Datta is a wackadoo
                                > > nutbag, as are you for believing his nonsense.
                                > >
                                > > But please post one of his messages in Q. and A.
                                > > format so I can have something to post on my blog.
                                > >
                                > Yo Sri Jodiji,
                                > Please post the URL of your (excellent and enjoyable) blog.
                                > Thanks!
                                > Peace and blessings,
                                > Bob

                                No problem, Bobji:

                                http://guruphiliac.org

                                Here are my Datta entries:

                                http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2005/11/lord-datta-lion.html
                                http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2005/09/three-faced-swami.html

                                --jody.
                              • prakki surya
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 7, 2005

                                  Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta Swami

                                  In the word Satguru, the prefix ‘Sat’ means truth.  A Satguru always preaches the truth.  Truth is always harsh and is not liked by several people.  Therefore a Satguru will have only very few disciples.  A Satguru says that the path with thorns will lead to the Lord.  People will not like this.    He also says that the path with flowers leads to hell.   People will not be happy with this preaching.  A Guru preaches which several people like.  The Guru says that the nature of the goal will be the nature of the path.  Since the Lord is full of bliss the path also must be with flowers giving happiness.  Since the hell is giving you lot of pain the path with thorns which also gives lot of pain must lead to the hell.   This argument is very attractive.

                                  Several people will like this and will become the followers of Guru.  Several people will praise him and give lot of Guru Dakshina because his argument is pleasant.  But a Satguru says that the path with thorns alone will lead to the Lord because in this path you have to cut the bonds with your family and with your hard-earned money.  Sacrifice gives lot of pain and sacrifice alone will lead to the Lord.  The path with flowers strengthens your bonds with your family and money which gives you lot of happiness.  Such path leads to the hell.

                                   Several people do not like such argument and so only one or two persons who can realize the truth will become His disciples.    A Satguru   will   never   worry   about the number of the disciples and about the quantity of Guru Dakshina.  Even if a single disciple is available He is happy.  Majority always goes to hell.    Only one in millions like Sankara, Vivekananda, Meera can reach the Lord.    Diamonds are always in minority.  Gravel stones are in majority.  Therefore a Satguru will be only one in thousands of Gurus and a true disciple will be only one in millions of disciples.  When you are doing prayers you are praising the Lord as a poet praises a king.  The foolish king may give some gift to the poet.

                                   But the omniscient Lord can never be fooled by such praise.  When you sing songs are chant the name of the Lord or express the feelings of devotion by shedding tears or by meditation you are getting the happiness and peace immediately.  You have achieved the fruit.  The Lord will not give another fruit for these things.  When you are pained and loose peace by cutting the family bonds and by sacrificing your work and wealth to the Lord, then only the Lord will give the real gift to you.  When you are working in the field for the owner, doing the work pains you.  The owner will pay money for your work.  Without doing the work, if you are simply chanting the name of the owner or sing songs on the owner, a wise owner will never give any gift.

                                  You have already derived the bliss and peace by eating the sweet in your hand.  Why should I pay you when you are eating the sweet?    When you sacrifice the sweet to me I shall pay you.  A Satguru teaches only the sacrifice which is the path with thorns leading to the Lord.   Veda says that sacrifice alone can bring the grace of the Lord (Dhanene Tyagenaike).   If   you ask   the payment by prayers and devotion the Lord will pay you from your pocket only.  He will bring the results of good deeds from your future life cycles and present them to you.  But when you are sacrificing the sweet to the Lord in spite of your hunger and your heart pain, the Lord rewards you from His pocket.  Therefore the true path leading to the Lord can be identified by loss of peace, mental worry, pain etc., The path to the hell is identified by peace, happiness, benefit etc., Satguru leads you to the Lord and Guru leads you to the hell.

                                  jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:
                                  <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

                                  >   Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta Swami
                                  >   Rejection Of Incarnation –

                                  It's called discrimination.

                                  Yahoo! Shopping

                                  Yahoo! Shopping

                                • jodyrrr
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Dec 8, 2005
                                    <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

                                    [snip]

                                    > Satguru leads you to the Lord and Guru leads you
                                    > to the hell.

                                    Stunning, self-serving ignorance, noted.