Interesting Question From email

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2002
      XXXX Wrote:

      I love the website... lots of great words and techniques ;) much
      respect.

      I'm having a kid soon. I am only 19. I was wondering if there was any
      advice on raising my son right. I want him to realize at a young age
      that we are all 1, and love is the way to go... you know, our common
      belief of the universe.

      I don't want to treat him as if I am schooling him on something, but I
      just want him going in the right track, etc.

      Any tips and advice would be greatly welcome.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2002
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > XXXX Wrote:
        >
        > I love the website... lots of great words and techniques ;) much
        > respect.
        >
        > I'm having a kid soon. I am only 19. I was wondering if there was
        any
        > advice on raising my son right. I want him to realize at a young age
        > that we are all 1, and love is the way to go... you know, our common
        > belief of the universe.
        >
        > I don't want to treat him as if I am schooling him on something, but
        I just want him going in the right track, etc.

        > Any tips and advice would be greatly welcome.

        Dear XXXX,
        Thanks for your kind words, and God bless you on your new exciting and
        challenging fatherhood. As a Dad of two for the past 29 years, I can
        only say that "Thy will be done"(and I do mean The Big Thy in the
        sky), and we Dads can only try to be as righteous as we can be and
        hope it rubs off. I think the most important things for spiritual
        development are compassion and humility, and if you demonstrate these
        qualities, your child will be receiving a greater treasure than a ton
        of gold. I also think that s/he comes right from the factory with
        standard equiptment of " realize(ing) at a young age that we are all
        1, and love is the way to go", and that we as parents have an
        obligation to not cover up this reality with delusional thinking, such
        as seeking material/egotistical greatness instead of pointing to the
        "kingdom of God within". Well, that's my 2 cents worth! I wish you
        well.
      • kmckenzie92765 <kathleenm@ynotprod.com>
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 12, 2002
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > XXXX Wrote:
          >
          > I love the website... lots of great words and techniques ;) much
          > respect.
          >
          > I'm having a kid soon. I am only 19. I was wondering if there was
          any
          > advice on raising my son right. I want him to realize at a young age
          > that we are all 1, and love is the way to go... you know, our common
          > belief of the universe.
          >
          > I don't want to treat him as if I am schooling him on something,
          but I
          > just want him going in the right track, etc.
          >
          > Any tips and advice would be greatly welcome.

          Dear XXXX -- The concept that we are one is a difficult one for a
          child to grasp. Model your beliefs for him -- that is, try in every
          situation to follow your highest beliefs. The integrity of your life
          will teach him. If you do this, you, yourself, will be constantly
          growing and stretching and changing and your child will see your
          effort. He will come to understand that changing his understanding
          of "God" is okay, that we all learn as we grow and it's unending.

          Also, please know that your child comes into this life with his own
          path to follow and lessons to learn. It may be that no matter how you
          model your beliefs, he will resist learning that we are all one.
          Speaking from experience, this can be very hard for a parent to
          accept and you might feel you have "failed." When you look at
          yourself and realize you lived with integrity, hopefully you will be
          content and happy with your own life regardless of what your child
          does.

          Peace and blessings Kathleen