Re: True Perspective of Advaita

  • vishal pandya
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 19, 2005
      hari om

      how are i u all

      i am a peson from kundalini yoga and shaktipat i am looking some one
      who is interesrted to discuss with me about this mine and his queries.

      On 11/18/05, Tom Flou <tom@...> wrote:
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, jorgezanguieff >
      > >
      > > So, who is the clown, Bill Gates or the users of windows? Same
      > > question to spirituality :-P
      > >
      > > Zanguieff
      > The clown is defined by the precense of an ordience.
      > No ordience: No clown.
      > Ordience + clown.... is circus.
      > Without Dos/Windows-users, Bill might still
      > be sitting, in his faders garage.
      > Without seekers, Nisargadetta would just
      > have been selling cigarettes fulltime.
      > Tom
      > Health and wellness
      > Alternative medicine
      > Health wellness product
      > Health and wellness program
      > Health promotion and wellness
      > Business health wellness
    • prakki surya
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 20, 2005
        dear friends
        Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta swami
        Everybody aspires the highest fruit through the easiest way.  The easiest way is the path of knowledge, which does not require any sacrifice.  The highest fruit is to become the very Lord right now from this moment onwards.  They like the preacher to say that they should just come out of their house to receive a heap of infinite treasure lying down before the doors.   Anybody will be happiest to receive the news that, he has become eligible to join the post of district collector in whatever stage of his study to the I.A.S. Examination he is present.  The post is offered to the fresh student who just joined the I.A.S. Course and also to the student who passed the I.A.S. Examination.  Both are equally eligible now itself to join the same post.  If the preacher says that already both have joined the post and that they have forgotten this truth, now all the effort is only to recognize that they are the district collectors.  This gives the idea that there is no need of any future effort.  This is the mis-interpreted philosophy of monoism (Advaita) of Sankara.
        Every body is very much attracted to this path.  The influence of this path is so much that no body is coming out of this illusion.  It is so sweet that they are unable to leave this state.  The basic misconcept is to think that the self is the superself.  Self is any living being in this world.  Super self is the Lord.  They just find one common point i.e., the pure awareness (Chit) exists in both.  The Prime Minister and his peon have several common points like pure awareness, similar form of external human body etc. Both eat and sleep similarly.  Both are married and both have children.  Because of these common points can you treat the Prime Minister and His peon as one and the same?  Based on one common point i.e., pure awareness, how can you say that self is superself?  Veda says that by the order of the Lord, the Sun is shining.  In summer due to sunstroke a human being is killed.  Let the Advaita scholar stand against the sunstroke and order the Sun not to kill him.
        When the disciples of Sankara thought that they are also the Lord, Sankara swallowed the molten lead and asked the disciples to do the same.  Then they fell on the feet of Sankara.  Then Sankara told "Shivah Kevaloham", which means that only He is Shiva.  The word Kevala (only) is important here.  Sankara while taking bath in the ocean at Puri told "Oh! Lord! Though the qualitative identity is in between us, the quantitative difference exists.  The water is common in both the sea and the wave like the pure awareness in the soul and super soul.  But the quantitative difference exists and one should not forget that the entire wave is in the sea but the entire sea is not in the wave".  This is stated as a message for the sake of ordinary soul.  These Advaita Scholars filter all the differentiating points and finally get the common point filtered down into the beaker as the filtrate.  The differentiating points are the residue on the filter paper and the filtered common point is in the downward beaker.  They see only the beaker but not the filter paper.  Therefore, the whole spiritual path is twisted and confused almost all the human beings.
        Seeing this situation the same Sankara came as Ramanuja and Madhva and clearly differentiated the superself from the self.  Some devotees have come out of this illusion but several people are still lingering there only due to their unreasonable and unimaginable ambition for the fruit.  Unless this basic concept is realized, all the stages of the spiritual effort cannot be healthy.  The poison injected in the foundation has spread all over the upstairs of the construction.  Your question has already assumed that self is super self.  You have no doubt about that basic concept.  Nobody likes to touch that basic concept.  If that basic concept is analysed the entire castle of their ambition will collapse.  They cannot tolerate to loose the highest fruit, which was captured by them by the easiest way of self-realization.  Now for such self-realization, you are asking whether the meditation or the study of scriptures is the path.  When the goal itself is absent what is the use of the path?  It is something like asking whether one should pass eighth standard or ninth standard to become the district collector.  Neither of these two standards can give you the post.  By passing those two standards one can get the post of a peon.  One has to pass the I.A.S. Examination for which he is eligible after passing degree examination, which is far from both those standards.  These advaita scholars argue that the peon is the collector.  They do not accept the existence of any higher post other than the peon.
        The reason for this basic misunderstanding is the word "Brahman".  As per Sanskrit grammar this word comes from the root "Bruhi-Vruddhau", which means that the root meaning of this word is greatness.  Anything that is great can be called as Brahman.  The soul is the most precious and greatest item of the creation and is called as Para Prakruti, which means the greatest of all the created items.  The soul is included as a part of the creation (Prakruti) and is called as Para Prakruti as said in Gita (Prakritim Viddhi me paraamÂ….).  It is not Creator.  If it is Creator it cannot be called as Prakruti.  It is only the modification of food during evolution as said in Veda (Annat PurushahÂ…).  The same inert energy called as electro magnetic radiation working through a special unknown technology is life.  The materials of the technology are known and the working inert energy is also known.  But the special technology in which it works is not known and therefore, life energy is not synthesized so far.  Only God knows that technology.
        posted by:
        at the lotus feet of shri datta swami
        Sandeep <sandeep1960@...> wrote:
        jodyrrr wrote: In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Sandeep
        <sandeep1960@y...> wrote:
        > *The true perspective of Advaita is the cessation of all perspectives.
        > Including the perspective known as Advaita.
        > And including the perspective that there is or was.........something to cease.

        But then there would be no "satgurus", would there?

        For a circus show to be complete, there has to be clowns.

        And clowning.

        That's simply unworkable for the narcissist seeking adulation as God.Indeed.
        If the seeker is simply thrown back on  itself....without any props , not even the promise of props in the future.....how will the Gurudom-organization run?

        How is Bill Gates the richest guy walking around?

        He peddles a product, which perenially needs patches, updates, and upgradations.

        The hope of a crashless-computing is the perenial hook-up to BG and he is running out of Banks to park the mazooma.

        Same game in the spirituality hoopla. Here, there is an added advantage for the hooker.

        99% of the  clients come with a pre-disposition more or less etched in.............aka............something has to be achieved, attained, realized and ergo something has to be done to achieve, get, attain, realize...... that something.

        And the more esoteric that "something-to-done"........... the more the  client salivates at the prospects.

        Ofcourse, .........the circus show would not be complete.......... without the hooker, the hooked and the hooking.