Dogs and Cats

  • �:-)
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2005
      Dogs and Cats

      A dog thinks:

      Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me...They must be Gods!

      A cat thinks:

      Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with anice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me... I must be a God!

      My God! Some humans did not only think they are God, but said it loud and clear in public - for which they were crucified, burned, drowned and larded with arrows in earlier times, while the modern human society is more civilized and uses electro shock, tranquilizers and verbal/emotional brain wash to achieve better results. Hence God decided to give 7 lives to those of us who are "cats", but that proved just to be some drops on a hot stone.

      Then there is the majority of human dogs - allways in search of a master, kings, gurus or gods to worship. Of course that has also improved dramatically; kings have been replaced by politicians, politicians by celebrities, gurus by headshrinks.

      Real improvement had to wait, until the modern homo esotericus entered the stage. Avoiding the old offending words "seeker" or even "disciple" we now see 0the dawn of consciousness in "meditator", "non-dualist" and "free mind".
      We have put ourselves into the Guru's chair - at least we think, we are Gurus.
      Some even believe, that they are "free journalists", as if a prisoner would become free by exchanging the chalk with which he marks the passing days on the walls of his prison with a typewriter.

      The past is still there: the search for god or the claim to have found him/her - just two sides of the same coin. Liberation, Moksha, Enlightenment, Non-Duality, Freedom, Friednship, Love. Doesn't matter much, wether one goes for a personalized god or an impersonal value - it's allways the person who is going. A lot of energy goes into all of that, not seldom a whole life is invested to become free, eternally happy, peaceful, highly valued, loved and recocknized. Why? Well, obviously that's what the person is missing in
      reality.

      I'm so fed up with all this talk about God, holy states, higher consciousness, I just cannot tell you how much. Instead of using what we have we go shopping.

      What immense amount of pain and misery must be there in one's own life, if one tries to forget his/her self by talking/thinking/writing about God.

      But you cannot get rid of God, when you neglect your self.
      Yet - the way to yourself leads away from everything society
      has implanted into us. Hence we would be alone.
      And dogs hate to be alone. While cats and gods love it to be alone; when they happen to meet they just say "hello" to each other and then they move on, each minding its own business.

      Only now and then - if it really loves you - a cat will try to help you enter into cat-consciousness. So for a short time, it forgets how stupid humans are (or the cat is simply  overwhelmed by love and compassion) and starts to play your guru - e.g. by bringing you a freshly caught mouse to play with - a beginners exercise so to say.

      But naturally we fail.

      And continue thinking/talking/writing/imagining about becoming a real cat/human/man/woman. Instead of looking at what we are.

      Michael

      Kartar