Weekly Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 11, 2005
      "Meditation becomes easy if you know what your aim is.
      When you feel tired of running around and you feel unhappy
      with your restless mind, you will want to learn to meditate.

      I feel happy when someone says, `I am sick and tired of
      everything.' When you are sick and tired, then you will try
      to seek. So become a `sicker' first, and then become a
      `seeker.' Who will enjoy food? One who is really hungry. If
      you are not hungry, you cannot enjoy the food. So make
      yourself hungry and thirsty for the Truth. If you can't do
      it yourself, Nature, the world, will make you hungry. The
      purpose of nature is to give you problems and thus bring you
      to the spiritual path.

      God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      For more info about and by Swamiji:
      http://www.yogaville.org
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 3, 2009
        What Makes You Beautiful?

        "The more you worry about your weight,
        the more sick you become. The worry itself
        causes increase in weight because many
        people eat a lot when they worry. The more
        you think of weight, the more weight you
        will have. As you think, so you become.
        Worry is the most dangerous disease. Keep
        the mind healthy always. If someone doesn't
        want to like you because of your weight, that
        person is interested only in your flesh, not
        in your qualities. What will make a person
        beautiful? The beauty of wisdom that dawns
        through tranquility of mind. We have enough
        troubles and worries. Yogis should not be
        bothered with weight issues. Let us think
        of more important things in life that could
        bring peace, joy and harmony.

        For more by and about Swamiji:
        http://yogaville.org/