True Perspective of Advaita

  • prakki surya
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 10, 2005

      dear friends

      I am the knowledge, love and bliss
      Vedas call Me Parabrahman
      Knowledge, love and bliss concentrated
      Multiplied by infinity is Myself.

      My power is called Maya,
      Which is inexplicable for you
      I keep this secret of Maya with Me only
      Otherwise, human beings will catch My hair

      To keep the soul always at My feet
      I do not disclose the secret of Maya
      By this, the soul always surrenders to Me
      Otherwise, he will claim himself as the Lord.

      Through Maya only I created this world
      I enjoy by seeing this everlasting cinema
      For enjoyment I created ignorance
      Which covers Me and I forget Myself

      I am not sleeping and not caught by dream
      I am dreaming in the day opening My eyes
      The ignorance is at My will to stay or not
      Unlike the ignorance of a night dreamer

      My awareness is not your awareness
      If it is so, when you weep I should weep
      All should also weep at the same time
      Your awareness is negligible part of Mine.

      All the souls put together along with this world
      Form a pinhead drop in Me, almost nil
      I am the mightiest ocean of knowledge, love and bliss
      Which are the characteristics of consciousness

      Even all the souls weep together at a time
      I cannot be touched, all those being negligible
      Awareness of awareness is consciousness, no doubt
      You are seeing only the qualitative similarity

      Drop and ocean are qualitatively water, may be
      Can the drop become the ocean by this equality?
      Water is Brahman but ocean is Eswara
      You are already Brahman but not Eswara

      Sankara touched this qualitative aspect only
      To attract Bhuddists who were atheists then,
      He told “Oh drop! You are already water”
      But the drop thought that is was ocean

      Bhuddist was fooled like this by Sankara
      He has to accept his existence and If He is Brahman
      Qualitative realization was brought like this
      That is the beginning stage, which should be so

      Slowly when he analyzes the qualitative aspect
      And goes into quantitative angle, truth is seen
      He realizes that He is only water and not ocean
      Then he surrenders to ocean to become devotee

      Knowledge by analysis leads to devotion
      Devotion needs the ocean to be present before eyes
      For this purpose the ocean enters a human body drop
      Through His power of Maya, called human incarnation.

      “Anoraneeyan mahato maheeyan” Veda says so
      This means that the ocean has entered the drop
      In the same time it is ocean and also the drop
      That is the human incarnation, which is God and man.

      This human incarnation is called Parabrahman
      Which is greater than Brahman, soul, and Eswara
      Brahman is water, Eswara is ocean and drop is soul
      All these are quite logical terms to grasp.

      Parabrahman is greater than all these
      The word “Para” means “greater” actually
      It is greater than the drop, ocean and water
      Since it is the ocean hiding in a drop by Maya

      You can not face Eswara directly at any cost
      By that force, you will disappear along with this world
      You can face Parabrahman, which is the ocean
      That speaks with you hidden in a drop like you

      As the ocean is hidden in the drop by Maya
      The ocean can enter you also by the same Maya
      But the ocean independently can not hear you
      The voice of the drop is no where in the voice of ocean

      Therefore, approach Parabrahman and serve Him,
      As a servant without aspiring anything from Him
      If He wishes, you can get the samadhi
      In which the Ocean enters you as a shadow.

      Sankara never told that you are Eswara
      He told that you are only Brahman
      Awareness of a drop-like awareness is useless
      Awareness of an ocean-like awareness is greatest

      You can not achieve this samadhi by your effort
      Your effort is not heard by the roaring ocean
      The ocean comes down to hear you in this way
      If you do not use this opportunity, you are lost

      When the king comes to hear the public
      Your are keeping silent staying in your home
      When the king is busy in a battlefield
      You go there and submit your complaint!

      This is the state of Advita philosopher
      He is the foolish disciple of Sankara
      Egoism and jealousy cover his eyes
      He can not see the ocean in a drop

      But he, a drop, wants to contain the ocean
      How can the ocean enter him who is a drop?
      He discards the technique and the example
      How can he become the example by the same technique?

      Therefore, follow Satguru who is the ocean in a drop
      If you follow another drop what is the use?
      You are a rabbit and If you see the Lion
      You will vanish on the spot with fear.

      Therefore, the Lion came as a rabbit
      Remember, the Lion is covered by the skin of rabbit
      It is not at all a rabbit, it speaks “I am Lion”
      You rabbit! Don’t imitate that rabbit like Lion.

      Recognize and serve that rabbit like Lion with love
      Because it looks like a rabbit, it is your friend only
      There is no need of fear since the Lion is not exposed
      It behaves like a rabbit in all its activities.

      A human incarnation also behaves like a man
      With all the qualities of nature only
      This will generate love and nearness in your heart
      For you to approach and love, this technique is adopted.

      When your service that is the proof of your love is full
      Then the Lion enters your body as a shadow for sometime
      Through His Maya to give you His experience
      The Lion can not enter you unless you die.

      Death does not mean the physical death of the body
      By which the egoism of the soul is not lost
      Spiritual death is crossing ‘I’ for ever
      ‘I’ disappears only in the selfless service

      The service should be to the drop containing the ocean
      You can never approach that mightiest ocean directly
      Therefore, the ocean and the drop is the only alternative
      When ‘I’ is removed, ‘My’ also gets removed.

      If ‘My’ is lost all the desires are lost
      The desires are the branches of ‘My’
      ‘My’ is the trunk and ‘I’ is the root
      Removal of trunk with branches is the spiritual death.

      If you remove the root also along with the trunk
      You have become just the inert skin of rabbit
      The Lion can wear this shirt of rabbit skin
      Of course, the Lion should also wish to accept that shirt

      Therefore, your effort should not be only for spiritual death
      You should also try to please the Lion always
      The Lion can never enter the living rabbit
      What is the use of this? You have become inert.

      The letter ’
      I’ refers to Lord Datta.

      at the lotus feet of shri datta swami

      surya

      http://www.universal-spirituality.org

    • Sandeep
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 10, 2005
        The true perspective of Advaita is the cessation of all perspectives.

        Including the perspective known as Advaita.

        And including the perspective that there is or was......... something to cease.

        prakki surya wrote:

        dear friends

        I am the knowledge, love and bliss
        Vedas call Me Parabrahman

      • jodyrrr
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 16, 2005
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Sandeep
          <sandeep1960@y...> wrote:

          > *The true perspective of Advaita is the cessation of all perspectives.
          >
          > Including the perspective known as Advaita.
          >
          > And including the perspective that there is or was.........
          something to
          > cease.

          But then there would be no "satgurus", would there?

          That's simply unworkable for the narcissist seeking
          adulation as God.

          > prakki surya wrote:
          >
          > > dear friends
          > >
          > > I am the knowledge, love and bliss
          > > Vedas call Me Parabrahman

        • Sandeep
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 16, 2005

            <sandeep1960@y...> wrote:

            > *The true perspective of Advaita is the cessation of all perspectives.
            >
            > Including the perspective known as Advaita.
            >
            > And including the perspective that there is or was.........
            something to
            > cease.

            But then there would be no "satgurus", would there?
            :-)

            For a circus show to be complete, there has to be clowns.

            And clowning.

            That's simply unworkable for the narcissist seeking
            adulation as God.
            Indeed.

            If the seeker is simply thrown back on  itself....without any props , not even the promise of props in the future.....how will the Gurudom-organization run?

            How is Bill Gates the richest guy walking around?

            He peddles a product, which perenially needs patches, updates, and upgradations.

            The hope of a crashless-computing is the perenial hook-up to BG and he is running out of Banks to park the mazooma.

            Same game in the spirituality hoopla.

            Here, there is an added advantage for the hooker.

            99% of the  clients come with a pre-disposition more or less etched in.............aka............something has to be achieved, attained, realized and ergo something has to be done to achieve, get, attain, realize...... that something.

            And the more esoteric that "something-to-done"........... the more the  client salivates at the prospects.

            Ofcourse, .........the circus show would not be complete.......... without the hooker, the hooked and the hooking.

          • jorgezanguieff
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 17, 2005
              <sandeep1960@y...> wrote:

              > jodyrrr wrote:
              >
              > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Sandeep
              > > <sandeep1960@y...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > *The true perspective of Advaita is the cessation of all
              perspectives.

              > > > Including the perspective known as Advaita.
              > > >
              > > > And including the perspective that there is or was.........
              > > something to
              > > > cease.
              > >
              > > But then there would be no "satgurus", would there?
              >
              > *:**-)
              >
              > For a circus show to be complete, there has to be clowns.
              >

              > And clowning.*
              >

              > > That's simply unworkable for the narcissist seeking
              > > adulation as God.
              >
              > *Indeed.
              >
              > If the seeker is simply thrown back on itself....without any
              props ,
              > not even the promise of props in the future.....how will the
              > Gurudom-organization run?
              >

              > How is Bill Gates the richest guy walking around?
              >
              > He peddles a product, which perenially needs patches, updates, and
              > upgradations.
              >
              > The hope of a crashless-computing is the perenial hook-up to BG and
              he
              > is running out of Banks to park the mazooma.
              >

              > Same game in the spirituality hoopla.
              >
              > Here, there is an added advantage for the hooker.
              >
              > 99% of the clients come with a pre-disposition more or less etched
              > in.............aka............something has to be achieved,
              attained,
              > realized and ergo something has to be done to achieve, get, attain,
              > realize...... that something.
              >

              > And the more esoteric that "something-to-done"........... the more
              the
              > client salivates at the prospects.
              >

              > Ofcourse, .........the circus show would not be complete..........
              > without the hooker, the hooked and the hooking.

              So, who is the clown, Bill Gates or the users of windows? Same
              question to spirituality :-P

              Zanguieff
            • Tom Flou
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 18, 2005
                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, jorgezanguieff >

                > So, who is the clown, Bill Gates or the users of windows? Same
                > question to spirituality :-P
                >
                > Zanguieff

                The clown is defined by the precense of an ordience.
                No ordience: No clown.
                Ordience + clown.... is circus.

                Without Dos/Windows-users, Bill might still
                be sitting, in his faders garage.

                Without seekers, Nisargadetta would just
                have been selling cigarettes fulltime.

                Tom
              • vishal pandya
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 19, 2005
                  hari om

                  how are i u all

                  i am a peson from kundalini yoga and shaktipat i am looking some one
                  who is interesrted to discuss with me about this mine and his queries.

                  thnaks

                  On 11/18/05, Tom Flou <tom@...> wrote:
                  > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, jorgezanguieff >
                  > >
                  > > So, who is the clown, Bill Gates or the users of windows? Same
                  > > question to spirituality :-P
                  > >
                  > > Zanguieff
                  >
                  > The clown is defined by the precense of an ordience.
                  > No ordience: No clown.
                  > Ordience + clown.... is circus.
                  >
                  > Without Dos/Windows-users, Bill might still
                  > be sitting, in his faders garage.
                  >
                  > Without seekers, Nisargadetta would just
                  > have been selling cigarettes fulltime.
                  >
                  > Tom

                  > Health and wellness
                  > Alternative medicine
                  > Health wellness product
                  >
                  > Health and wellness program
                  > Health promotion and wellness
                  > Business health wellness

                  > ________________________________

                • prakki surya
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 20, 2005
                    dear friends
                    Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta swami

                    Everybody aspires the highest fruit through the easiest way.  The easiest way is the path of knowledge, which does not require any sacrifice.  The highest fruit is to become the very Lord right now from this moment onwards.  They like the preacher to say that they should just come out of their house to receive a heap of infinite treasure lying down before the doors.   Anybody will be happiest to receive the news that, he has become eligible to join the post of district collector in whatever stage of his study to the I.A.S. Examination he is present.  The post is offered to the fresh student who just joined the I.A.S. Course and also to the student who passed the I.A.S. Examination.  Both are equally eligible now itself to join the same post.  If the preacher says that already both have joined the post and that they have forgotten this truth, now all the effort is only to recognize that they are the district collectors.  This gives the idea that there is no need of any future effort.  This is the mis-interpreted philosophy of monoism (Advaita) of Sankara.

                    Every body is very much attracted to this path.  The influence of this path is so much that no body is coming out of this illusion.  It is so sweet that they are unable to leave this state.  The basic misconcept is to think that the self is the superself.  Self is any living being in this world.  Super self is the Lord.  They just find one common point i.e., the pure awareness (Chit) exists in both.  The Prime Minister and his peon have several common points like pure awareness, similar form of external human body etc. Both eat and sleep similarly.  Both are married and both have children.  Because of these common points can you treat the Prime Minister and His peon as one and the same?  Based on one common point i.e., pure awareness, how can you say that self is superself?  Veda says that by the order of the Lord, the Sun is shining.  In summer due to sunstroke a human being is killed.  Let the Advaita scholar stand against the sunstroke and order the Sun not to kill him.

                    When the disciples of Sankara thought that they are also the Lord, Sankara swallowed the molten lead and asked the disciples to do the same.  Then they fell on the feet of Sankara.  Then Sankara told "Shivah Kevaloham", which means that only He is Shiva.  The word Kevala (only) is important here.  Sankara while taking bath in the ocean at Puri told "Oh! Lord! Though the qualitative identity is in between us, the quantitative difference exists.  The water is common in both the sea and the wave like the pure awareness in the soul and super soul.  But the quantitative difference exists and one should not forget that the entire wave is in the sea but the entire sea is not in the wave".  This is stated as a message for the sake of ordinary soul.  These Advaita Scholars filter all the differentiating points and finally get the common point filtered down into the beaker as the filtrate.  The differentiating points are the residue on the filter paper and the filtered common point is in the downward beaker.  They see only the beaker but not the filter paper.  Therefore, the whole spiritual path is twisted and confused almost all the human beings.

                    Seeing this situation the same Sankara came as Ramanuja and Madhva and clearly differentiated the superself from the self.  Some devotees have come out of this illusion but several people are still lingering there only due to their unreasonable and unimaginable ambition for the fruit.  Unless this basic concept is realized, all the stages of the spiritual effort cannot be healthy.  The poison injected in the foundation has spread all over the upstairs of the construction.  Your question has already assumed that self is super self.  You have no doubt about that basic concept.  Nobody likes to touch that basic concept.  If that basic concept is analysed the entire castle of their ambition will collapse.  They cannot tolerate to loose the highest fruit, which was captured by them by the easiest way of self-realization.  Now for such self-realization, you are asking whether the meditation or the study of scriptures is the path.  When the goal itself is absent what is the use of the path?  It is something like asking whether one should pass eighth standard or ninth standard to become the district collector.  Neither of these two standards can give you the post.  By passing those two standards one can get the post of a peon.  One has to pass the I.A.S. Examination for which he is eligible after passing degree examination, which is far from both those standards.  These advaita scholars argue that the peon is the collector.  They do not accept the existence of any higher post other than the peon.

                    The reason for this basic misunderstanding is the word "Brahman".  As per Sanskrit grammar this word comes from the root "Bruhi-Vruddhau", which means that the root meaning of this word is greatness.  Anything that is great can be called as Brahman.  The soul is the most precious and greatest item of the creation and is called as Para Prakruti, which means the greatest of all the created items.  The soul is included as a part of the creation (Prakruti) and is called as Para Prakruti as said in Gita (Prakritim Viddhi me paraam….).  It is not Creator.  If it is Creator it cannot be called as Prakruti.  It is only the modification of food during evolution as said in Veda (Annat Purushah…).  The same inert energy called as electro magnetic radiation working through a special unknown technology is life.  The materials of the technology are known and the working inert energy is also known.  But the special technology in which it works is not known and therefore, life energy is not synthesized so far.  Only God knows that technology.

                    posted by:
                    surya

                    Sandeep <sandeep1960@...> wrote:
                    jodyrrr wrote: In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Sandeep
                    <sandeep1960@y...> wrote:

                    > *The true perspective of Advaita is the cessation of all perspectives.
                    > Including the perspective known as Advaita.
                    > And including the perspective that there is or was.........something to cease.

                    But then there would be no "satgurus", would there?
                    :-)

                    For a circus show to be complete, there has to be clowns.

                    And clowning.

                    That's simply unworkable for the narcissist seeking adulation as God.Indeed.