[Meditation Society of America] Re: 3 Superbowl Rings are not enough

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 7, 2005
      > >Bob
      > >PS: I think the whole Eagle team will now be able
      > >to appreciate the value of (TO's forced) silence.
      > >

      > Bruce Morgen <editor@j...> wrote:
      > Unfortunately, the improved
      > ambience wasn't quite enough
      > for Bob's beloved Birds to
      > overcome a Joe Gibbs coached
      > team determined to redeem
      > themselves after getting
      > drubbed by my G-Men. I
      > really wanted the Iggles to
      > be the resurgent squad --
      > but alas it looks like the
      > great coaching and key
      > personnel upgrades in the
      > rest of the NFC East have
      > brought back the league's
      > cherished "parity" to its
      > toughest regional
      > foursome.
      >
      > If it's any comfort, Bob, I
      > suspect the Pats are due
      > for their own dose of
      > "parity" tomorrow night,
      > since the Colts now have a
      > credible NFL defense and
      > even a Bruschi-equipped New
      > England D is still too
      > banged-up to contain that
      > other Manning brother on
      > anything close to a good
      > day/evening. Let the
      > games continue!

      Yo Sri Bruceji,
      I agree that the Mannings are bringing
      trials and tribulations to all in their way.
      Eli has apparently fulfilled all the ancient
      prophecies and is bringing about a new era
      in the NFC. Now I feel I must answer a few
      Footballism non-believers who have sent me
      emails called me to ask what is up with the
      football references. So.....
      In classic meditation tradition, there are
      only 3 types of actions:
      1. Tamasic - characterized by sloth, darkness,
      even evil...doing things by rote, unawake,
      unaware, selfish.
      2. Rajasic - dealing with chasing after
      selfish desires and ego trips. Still in
      darkness, but at least having some activity.
      3. Sattvasic - the opposite of Tamas/Rajas -
      in light, aware, awake, kind, selfless,
      serene, etc.
      Most always, we live among a mix of Tamas/Rajas,
      or Rajas/Sattva. The meditative "deal" with
      this is to witness your thoughts, words, and
      actions (and those in your environment IE people,
      places, and things), and if you see yourself
      being in any way Tamasic, at least kick it up to
      Rajas, and strive always for Sattva. The more you
      eliminate the Tamas and Rajas in your life, and
      the more you add Sattva to your life, the greater
      the spiritual evolution. And the religion of
      Footballism, which has millions of followers in
      America, presents an ongoing opportunity to
      witness your inner reactivity Tamasically and
      Rajasically more often than perhaps any other
      religion, and thus the potential to change them to
      Sattvaic energy gathering events. So, (Ashley,
      Nina, Tom, John, and all other) non-believers,
      you go about your quest for enlightenment in your
      own way, and we will continue to worship and
      use the tools of Footballism to evolve in ours.
      I encourage you to come to the Linc in Philly or
      Giants stadium or any of the other temples of
      Sunday (and Monday night) worship to partake of the
      holy activities and learn first hand what Sattva
      a feeling being at one with a higher power (60,000+
      fans rooting for the home team) can be.
      PS: Don't even think about wearing the opposing teams
      jersey while at either of the temples (stadiums)
      mentioned above:-)
      PPS: I hope you will take this in the
      semi/hardly-serious Sattvaic way it was intended.