Re: [Meditation Society of America] Essence Of Jesus Preaching --- Real Saving

  • prakki surya
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 7, 2005

      Essence Of Jesus Preaching --- Real Saving

      Merely by accepting the human incarnation (Jesus) as Saviour cannot save you. It is told in the Bible that He came to save His people. Who are His people? They are His beloved devotees. They follow His instructions. Jesus did not give attention even to see His mother, when He was with His disciples. When a woman shouted that the Mother of Jesus was blessed, Jesus did not agree and told that blessed are those who followed His instructions. He says that one should leave parents, wife or husband, children and must be prepared even to carry on his own cross for the sake of Jesus. This means that one should be prepared to sacrifice even his life. Therefore, it is a narrow path with thorns. Even to hear this statement your mind is turmoiled with chaotic disturbance. That is the reason why He says that He has come to give peace to you and that He is holding the sword of knowledge in His hand. Therefore, you can be saved only when you reach that state.

      If you say to the Judge that you accept him as your saviour, will he save you and cancel his judgement? If you say to the jailor that you will accept him as your saviour, will he relieve you from the jail? Therefore, He saves only His dearest devotees. He underwent, the suffering of His people only on the Cross. He did not suffer for the sake of all the people and released all the people from their sins. If such thing is done the justice is destroyed. The administration becomes meaningless. When a devotee leaves everybody and everything for the sake of such human incarnation and participates in His service, such people are called as His people. Such devotees will never agree for the crucification of the Lord for their sake. Therefore, real saving is only at that stage.

      Whether, it is Christianity or Hinduism the beginner cannot come forward if the final stage is shown. In Hinduism the saints and in Christianity, the Popes, fathers, brother and sisters who are dedicated to the Mission have left everything and everybody for the sake of God. Actually such Holy saints only can be saved since they stand according to His standards prescribed. But if this fact is revealed no common man will come forward. It is the tradition of the divine preacher to show the final result even in the first step. We say to the schoolboy that if he goes to the school regularly and studies sincerely, he will become the professor.

      It is only encouragement. Does that mean that the boy will be appointed as professor as soon as he finishes the schooling? He gets encouraged and studies well in the school. Then he will go to college and university and study further, then he will join as a lecturer, become reader and then finally become the professor. Therefore, to attract the beginners such encouraging statements are made, which need not be condemned as lies. When a lie does well, such a lie cannot be the sin. Even if it is truth, if it harms it is a sin. We tell so many lies to our children to encourage them and our aim is only their welfare and not cheating them. Therefore, such statements should be accepted with reference to the level of the devotees.

      at the lotus feet of shri datta swami

      surya

      http://www.universal-spirituality.org

      Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:
      Hey, Peace Bob. Agreed that wealth
      and great success do not have to be
      a hindrance. If material success
      and such, and that even combined
      with the HH brand of high-intimacy
      success with superwomen (he still has
      3 sleep-over girlfriends at age 77)
      were ultimately satisfying, Brady
      would not be feeling the
      "something missing."

      Even though Jesus said something
      like it is harder for a rich man
      to enter the Kingdom of Heaven
      (which he specified as "within")
      than it is for Donovan McNabb to
      thread the needle (with bad ribs -
      not he meal, the bruises), he
      didn't say it was impossible.

      It speaks to Brady's humility
      that he still seeks fulfillment
      and speaks about it.

      I haven't given up on the Pats.
      They're still my default team,
      after the Bucs. But the Colts
      could give them another jolt...
      maybe.

      Jeff

    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 7, 2005
        Thank you, Surya, for the insightful
        and enlightened teaching. Nice take
        on "real" salvation. Agreed, that it
        is only when one is graced with the
        knowledge of the essence of Jesus'
        teachings, and has come to know, through
        direct experience, the Truth that
        sets you free, that they are "saved".

        Mere ritual or parroting of words,
        without the unlying change and the
        "resurrection" of the new (enlightened)
        person, does not bring salvation.

        And, yes, trying to live by prescription
        and impossible standards, as it taught
        by the fundamentalists churces, is a
        twist on the teachings of Jesus. His
        description of how enlightened persons
        live, and the joy and understanding
        that they have, has been turned upside
        down into a prescription.

        Well, I'll stop here before I take
        the next step up on the soapbox, except
        to say that meditation, especially
        meditation that has been marinated
        in "essential oils" (authentic teachings)
        for a time, can open the door to
        the aromatic experience of the
        essence of Jesus' teachings...and
        bring us into Christ, Krishna,
        Cosmic Consciousness - Real Saving.

        Jeff

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 7, 2005
          > >Bob
          > >PS: I think the whole Eagle team will now be able
          > >to appreciate the value of (TO's forced) silence.
          > >

          > Bruce Morgen <editor@j...> wrote:
          > Unfortunately, the improved
          > ambience wasn't quite enough
          > for Bob's beloved Birds to
          > overcome a Joe Gibbs coached
          > team determined to redeem
          > themselves after getting
          > drubbed by my G-Men. I
          > really wanted the Iggles to
          > be the resurgent squad --
          > but alas it looks like the
          > great coaching and key
          > personnel upgrades in the
          > rest of the NFC East have
          > brought back the league's
          > cherished "parity" to its
          > toughest regional
          > foursome.
          >
          > If it's any comfort, Bob, I
          > suspect the Pats are due
          > for their own dose of
          > "parity" tomorrow night,
          > since the Colts now have a
          > credible NFL defense and
          > even a Bruschi-equipped New
          > England D is still too
          > banged-up to contain that
          > other Manning brother on
          > anything close to a good
          > day/evening. Let the
          > games continue!

          Yo Sri Bruceji,
          I agree that the Mannings are bringing
          trials and tribulations to all in their way.
          Eli has apparently fulfilled all the ancient
          prophecies and is bringing about a new era
          in the NFC. Now I feel I must answer a few
          Footballism non-believers who have sent me
          emails called me to ask what is up with the
          football references. So.....
          In classic meditation tradition, there are
          only 3 types of actions:
          1. Tamasic - characterized by sloth, darkness,
          even evil...doing things by rote, unawake,
          unaware, selfish.
          2. Rajasic - dealing with chasing after
          selfish desires and ego trips. Still in
          darkness, but at least having some activity.
          3. Sattvasic - the opposite of Tamas/Rajas -
          in light, aware, awake, kind, selfless,
          serene, etc.
          Most always, we live among a mix of Tamas/Rajas,
          or Rajas/Sattva. The meditative "deal" with
          this is to witness your thoughts, words, and
          actions (and those in your environment IE people,
          places, and things), and if you see yourself
          being in any way Tamasic, at least kick it up to
          Rajas, and strive always for Sattva. The more you
          eliminate the Tamas and Rajas in your life, and
          the more you add Sattva to your life, the greater
          the spiritual evolution. And the religion of
          Footballism, which has millions of followers in
          America, presents an ongoing opportunity to
          witness your inner reactivity Tamasically and
          Rajasically more often than perhaps any other
          religion, and thus the potential to change them to
          Sattvaic energy gathering events. So, (Ashley,
          Nina, Tom, John, and all other) non-believers,
          you go about your quest for enlightenment in your
          own way, and we will continue to worship and
          use the tools of Footballism to evolve in ours.
          I encourage you to come to the Linc in Philly or
          Giants stadium or any of the other temples of
          Sunday (and Monday night) worship to partake of the
          holy activities and learn first hand what Sattva
          a feeling being at one with a higher power (60,000+
          fans rooting for the home team) can be.
          PS: Don't even think about wearing the opposing teams
          jersey while at either of the temples (stadiums)
          mentioned above:-)
          PPS: I hope you will take this in the
          semi/hardly-serious Sattvaic way it was intended.