Re: 3 Superbowl Rings are not enough

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 6, 2005

      > would respond to the suggestion
      > that he find a guru or join
      > a meditation group?
      >
      > Jeff
      >
      > PS: Hey, Bob, T.O. might
      > consider the value of silence,
      > as well.

      Yo PapaJeff,
      Your points are right on the money. But give
      Brady time. It seems like young Tom is ready to
      start looking within for that "something else"
      he hasn't found without. Most certainly his
      wealth and great success don't have to be a
      hinderance. The human with the "best" incarnation
      of the last generation was probably Sri Hugh
      Hefner, and his introspection and sharing of
      the wisdom he found within helped liberate
      millions from their stiff and primative sexual
      hangups. And he seems to have lived happily ever
      after in spite of tons of money, fame, women, etc:-)
      But, at least semi-seriously, there is no greater
      wealth than the treasure of having an awakening
      into the realization of one's eternal, infinite
      Real Self. And meditation is the best preparation
      for that. There is no better thing you can do for
      your Self than learn and do meditation. This includes
      being excellent in any worldly endeavor, having great
      fame, and experiencing all the material pleasures
      that are possible. So for now, we can and indeed
      should have compassion for the situation that Brady
      and billions of others no less unfortunate
      than him are in, and wish they all can find a
      meditation teaching and actually practice this
      most ancient and efficient healing and spiritually
      evolving activity.
      PS: I think the whole Eagle team will now be able
      to appreciate the value of (TO's forced) silence.
    • Bruce Morgen
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 6, 2005
        medit8ionsociety wrote:

> [...]
        >wealth than the treasure of having an awakening
        >into the realization of one's eternal, infinite
        >Real Self. And meditation is the best preparation
        >for that. There is no better thing you can do for
        >your Self than learn and do meditation. This includes
        >being excellent in any worldly endeavor, having great
        >fame, and experiencing all the material pleasures
        >that are possible. So for now, we can and indeed
        >should have compassion for the situation that Brady
        >and billions of others no less unfortunate
        >than him are in, and wish they all can find a
        >meditation teaching and actually practice this
        >most ancient and efficient healing and spiritually
        >evolving activity.
        >Peace and blessings,
        >Bob
        >PS: I think the whole Eagle team will now be able
        >to appreciate the value of (TO's forced) silence.

        Unfortunately, the improved
        ambience wasn't quite enough
        for Bob's beloved Birds to
        overcome a Joe Gibbs coached
        team determined to redeem
        themselves after getting
        drubbed by my G-Men. I
        really wanted the Iggles to
        be the resurgent squad --
        but alas it looks like the
        great coaching and key
        personnel upgrades in the
        rest of the NFC East have
        brought back the league's
        cherished "parity" to its
        toughest regional
        foursome.

        If it's any comfort, Bob, I
        suspect the Pats are due
        for their own dose of
        "parity" tomorrow night,
        since the Colts now have a
        credible NFL defense and
        even a Bruschi-equipped New
        England D is still too
        banged-up to contain that
        other Manning brother on
        anything close to a good
        day/evening. Let the
        games continue!
      • Jeff Belyea
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 7, 2005
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
          > wealth than the treasure of having an awakening
          > into the realization of one's eternal, infinite
          > Real Self. And meditation is the best preparation
          > for that. There is no better thing you can do for
          > your Self than learn and do meditation. This includes
          > being excellent in any worldly endeavor, having great
          > fame, and experiencing all the material pleasures
          > that are possible. So for now, we can and indeed
          > should have compassion for the situation that Brady
          > and billions of others no less unfortunate
          > than him are in, and wish they all can find a
          > meditation teaching and actually practice this
          > most ancient and efficient healing and spiritually
          > evolving activity.
          > Peace and blessings,
          > Bob
          > PS: I think the whole Eagle team will now be able
          > to appreciate the value of (TO's forced) silence.

          Hey, Peace Bob. Agreed that wealth
          and great success do not have to be
          a hindrance. If material success
          and such, and that even combined
          with the HH brand of high-intimacy
          success with superwomen (he still has
          3 sleep-over girlfriends at age 77)
          were ultimately satisfying, Brady
          would not be feeling the
          "something missing."

          Even though Jesus said something
          like it is harder for a rich man
          to enter the Kingdom of Heaven
          (which he specified as "within")
          than it is for Donovan McNabb to
          thread the needle (with bad ribs -
          not he meal, the bruises), he
          didn't say it was impossible.

          It speaks to Brady's humility
          that he still seeks fulfillment
          and speaks about it.

          I haven't given up on the Pats.
          They're still my default team,
          after the Bucs. But the Colts
          could give them another jolt...
          maybe.

          Jeff

          PS: Bruce, it won't be long before
          it comes down to Manning a Manning.
          That's a Papajeff prognostication.
        • prakki surya
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 7, 2005

            Essence Of Jesus Preaching --- Real Saving

            Merely by accepting the human incarnation (Jesus) as Saviour cannot save you. It is told in the Bible that He came to save His people. Who are His people? They are His beloved devotees. They follow His instructions. Jesus did not give attention even to see His mother, when He was with His disciples. When a woman shouted that the Mother of Jesus was blessed, Jesus did not agree and told that blessed are those who followed His instructions. He says that one should leave parents, wife or husband, children and must be prepared even to carry on his own cross for the sake of Jesus. This means that one should be prepared to sacrifice even his life. Therefore, it is a narrow path with thorns. Even to hear this statement your mind is turmoiled with chaotic disturbance. That is the reason why He says that He has come to give peace to you and that He is holding the sword of knowledge in His hand. Therefore, you can be saved only when you reach that state.

            If you say to the Judge that you accept him as your saviour, will he save you and cancel his judgement? If you say to the jailor that you will accept him as your saviour, will he relieve you from the jail? Therefore, He saves only His dearest devotees. He underwent, the suffering of His people only on the Cross. He did not suffer for the sake of all the people and released all the people from their sins. If such thing is done the justice is destroyed. The administration becomes meaningless. When a devotee leaves everybody and everything for the sake of such human incarnation and participates in His service, such people are called as His people. Such devotees will never agree for the crucification of the Lord for their sake. Therefore, real saving is only at that stage.

            Whether, it is Christianity or Hinduism the beginner cannot come forward if the final stage is shown. In Hinduism the saints and in Christianity, the Popes, fathers, brother and sisters who are dedicated to the Mission have left everything and everybody for the sake of God. Actually such Holy saints only can be saved since they stand according to His standards prescribed. But if this fact is revealed no common man will come forward. It is the tradition of the divine preacher to show the final result even in the first step. We say to the schoolboy that if he goes to the school regularly and studies sincerely, he will become the professor.

            It is only encouragement. Does that mean that the boy will be appointed as professor as soon as he finishes the schooling? He gets encouraged and studies well in the school. Then he will go to college and university and study further, then he will join as a lecturer, become reader and then finally become the professor. Therefore, to attract the beginners such encouraging statements are made, which need not be condemned as lies. When a lie does well, such a lie cannot be the sin. Even if it is truth, if it harms it is a sin. We tell so many lies to our children to encourage them and our aim is only their welfare and not cheating them. Therefore, such statements should be accepted with reference to the level of the devotees.

            at the lotus feet of shri datta swami

            surya

            http://www.universal-spirituality.org

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 7, 2005
              Thank you, Surya, for the insightful
              and enlightened teaching. Nice take
              on "real" salvation. Agreed, that it
              is only when one is graced with the
              knowledge of the essence of Jesus'
              teachings, and has come to know, through
              direct experience, the Truth that
              sets you free, that they are "saved".

              Mere ritual or parroting of words,
              without the unlying change and the
              "resurrection" of the new (enlightened)
              person, does not bring salvation.

              And, yes, trying to live by prescription
              and impossible standards, as it taught
              by the fundamentalists churces, is a
              twist on the teachings of Jesus. His
              description of how enlightened persons
              live, and the joy and understanding
              that they have, has been turned upside
              down into a prescription.

              Well, I'll stop here before I take
              the next step up on the soapbox, except
              to say that meditation, especially
              meditation that has been marinated
              in "essential oils" (authentic teachings)
              for a time, can open the door to
              the aromatic experience of the
              essence of Jesus' teachings...and
              bring us into Christ, Krishna,
              Cosmic Consciousness - Real Saving.

              Jeff

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 7, 2005
                > >Bob
                > >PS: I think the whole Eagle team will now be able
                > >to appreciate the value of (TO's forced) silence.
                > >

                > Bruce Morgen <editor@j...> wrote:
                > Unfortunately, the improved
                > ambience wasn't quite enough
                > for Bob's beloved Birds to
                > overcome a Joe Gibbs coached
                > team determined to redeem
                > themselves after getting
                > drubbed by my G-Men. I
                > really wanted the Iggles to
                > be the resurgent squad --
                > but alas it looks like the
                > great coaching and key
                > personnel upgrades in the
                > rest of the NFC East have
                > brought back the league's
                > cherished "parity" to its
                > toughest regional
                > foursome.
                >
                > If it's any comfort, Bob, I
                > suspect the Pats are due
                > for their own dose of
                > "parity" tomorrow night,
                > since the Colts now have a
                > credible NFL defense and
                > even a Bruschi-equipped New
                > England D is still too
                > banged-up to contain that
                > other Manning brother on
                > anything close to a good
                > day/evening. Let the
                > games continue!

                Yo Sri Bruceji,
                I agree that the Mannings are bringing
                trials and tribulations to all in their way.
                Eli has apparently fulfilled all the ancient
                prophecies and is bringing about a new era
                in the NFC. Now I feel I must answer a few
                Footballism non-believers who have sent me
                emails called me to ask what is up with the
                football references. So.....
                In classic meditation tradition, there are
                only 3 types of actions:
                1. Tamasic - characterized by sloth, darkness,
                even evil...doing things by rote, unawake,
                unaware, selfish.
                2. Rajasic - dealing with chasing after
                selfish desires and ego trips. Still in
                darkness, but at least having some activity.
                3. Sattvasic - the opposite of Tamas/Rajas -
                in light, aware, awake, kind, selfless,
                serene, etc.
                Most always, we live among a mix of Tamas/Rajas,
                or Rajas/Sattva. The meditative "deal" with
                this is to witness your thoughts, words, and
                actions (and those in your environment IE people,
                places, and things), and if you see yourself
                being in any way Tamasic, at least kick it up to
                Rajas, and strive always for Sattva. The more you
                eliminate the Tamas and Rajas in your life, and
                the more you add Sattva to your life, the greater
                the spiritual evolution. And the religion of
                Footballism, which has millions of followers in
                America, presents an ongoing opportunity to
                witness your inner reactivity Tamasically and
                Rajasically more often than perhaps any other
                religion, and thus the potential to change them to
                Sattvaic energy gathering events. So, (Ashley,
                Nina, Tom, John, and all other) non-believers,
                you go about your quest for enlightenment in your
                own way, and we will continue to worship and
                use the tools of Footballism to evolve in ours.
                I encourage you to come to the Linc in Philly or
                Giants stadium or any of the other temples of
                Sunday (and Monday night) worship to partake of the
                holy activities and learn first hand what Sattva
                a feeling being at one with a higher power (60,000+
                fans rooting for the home team) can be.
                PS: Don't even think about wearing the opposing teams
                jersey while at either of the temples (stadiums)
                mentioned above:-)
                PPS: I hope you will take this in the
                semi/hardly-serious Sattvaic way it was intended.