3 Superbowl Rings are not enough

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 6, 2005

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 6, 2005

        > would respond to the suggestion
        > that he find a guru or join
        > a meditation group?
        >
        > Jeff
        >
        > PS: Hey, Bob, T.O. might
        > consider the value of silence,
        > as well.

        Yo PapaJeff,
        Your points are right on the money. But give
        Brady time. It seems like young Tom is ready to
        start looking within for that "something else"
        he hasn't found without. Most certainly his
        wealth and great success don't have to be a
        hinderance. The human with the "best" incarnation
        of the last generation was probably Sri Hugh
        Hefner, and his introspection and sharing of
        the wisdom he found within helped liberate
        millions from their stiff and primative sexual
        hangups. And he seems to have lived happily ever
        after in spite of tons of money, fame, women, etc:-)
        But, at least semi-seriously, there is no greater
        wealth than the treasure of having an awakening
        into the realization of one's eternal, infinite
        Real Self. And meditation is the best preparation
        for that. There is no better thing you can do for
        your Self than learn and do meditation. This includes
        being excellent in any worldly endeavor, having great
        fame, and experiencing all the material pleasures
        that are possible. So for now, we can and indeed
        should have compassion for the situation that Brady
        and billions of others no less unfortunate
        than him are in, and wish they all can find a
        meditation teaching and actually practice this
        most ancient and efficient healing and spiritually
        evolving activity.
        PS: I think the whole Eagle team will now be able
        to appreciate the value of (TO's forced) silence.
      • Bruce Morgen
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 6, 2005
          medit8ionsociety wrote:

> [...]
          >wealth than the treasure of having an awakening
          >into the realization of one's eternal, infinite
          >Real Self. And meditation is the best preparation
          >for that. There is no better thing you can do for
          >your Self than learn and do meditation. This includes
          >being excellent in any worldly endeavor, having great
          >fame, and experiencing all the material pleasures
          >that are possible. So for now, we can and indeed
          >should have compassion for the situation that Brady
          >and billions of others no less unfortunate
          >than him are in, and wish they all can find a
          >meditation teaching and actually practice this
          >most ancient and efficient healing and spiritually
          >evolving activity.
          >Peace and blessings,
          >Bob
          >PS: I think the whole Eagle team will now be able
          >to appreciate the value of (TO's forced) silence.

          Unfortunately, the improved
          ambience wasn't quite enough
          for Bob's beloved Birds to
          overcome a Joe Gibbs coached
          team determined to redeem
          themselves after getting
          drubbed by my G-Men. I
          really wanted the Iggles to
          be the resurgent squad --
          but alas it looks like the
          great coaching and key
          personnel upgrades in the
          rest of the NFC East have
          brought back the league's
          cherished "parity" to its
          toughest regional
          foursome.

          If it's any comfort, Bob, I
          suspect the Pats are due
          for their own dose of
          "parity" tomorrow night,
          since the Colts now have a
          credible NFL defense and
          even a Bruschi-equipped New
          England D is still too
          banged-up to contain that
          other Manning brother on
          anything close to a good
          day/evening. Let the
          games continue!
        • Jeff Belyea
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 7, 2005
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
            > wealth than the treasure of having an awakening
            > into the realization of one's eternal, infinite
            > Real Self. And meditation is the best preparation
            > for that. There is no better thing you can do for
            > your Self than learn and do meditation. This includes
            > being excellent in any worldly endeavor, having great
            > fame, and experiencing all the material pleasures
            > that are possible. So for now, we can and indeed
            > should have compassion for the situation that Brady
            > and billions of others no less unfortunate
            > than him are in, and wish they all can find a
            > meditation teaching and actually practice this
            > most ancient and efficient healing and spiritually
            > evolving activity.
            > Peace and blessings,
            > Bob
            > PS: I think the whole Eagle team will now be able
            > to appreciate the value of (TO's forced) silence.

            Hey, Peace Bob. Agreed that wealth
            and great success do not have to be
            a hindrance. If material success
            and such, and that even combined
            with the HH brand of high-intimacy
            success with superwomen (he still has
            3 sleep-over girlfriends at age 77)
            were ultimately satisfying, Brady
            would not be feeling the
            "something missing."

            Even though Jesus said something
            like it is harder for a rich man
            to enter the Kingdom of Heaven
            (which he specified as "within")
            than it is for Donovan McNabb to
            thread the needle (with bad ribs -
            not he meal, the bruises), he
            didn't say it was impossible.

            It speaks to Brady's humility
            that he still seeks fulfillment
            and speaks about it.

            I haven't given up on the Pats.
            They're still my default team,
            after the Bucs. But the Colts
            could give them another jolt...
            maybe.

            Jeff

            PS: Bruce, it won't be long before
            it comes down to Manning a Manning.
            That's a Papajeff prognostication.
          • prakki surya
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 7, 2005

              Essence Of Jesus Preaching --- Real Saving

              Merely by accepting the human incarnation (Jesus) as Saviour cannot save you. It is told in the Bible that He came to save His people. Who are His people? They are His beloved devotees. They follow His instructions. Jesus did not give attention even to see His mother, when He was with His disciples. When a woman shouted that the Mother of Jesus was blessed, Jesus did not agree and told that blessed are those who followed His instructions. He says that one should leave parents, wife or husband, children and must be prepared even to carry on his own cross for the sake of Jesus. This means that one should be prepared to sacrifice even his life. Therefore, it is a narrow path with thorns. Even to hear this statement your mind is turmoiled with chaotic disturbance. That is the reason why He says that He has come to give peace to you and that He is holding the sword of knowledge in His hand. Therefore, you can be saved only when you reach that state.

              If you say to the Judge that you accept him as your saviour, will he save you and cancel his judgement? If you say to the jailor that you will accept him as your saviour, will he relieve you from the jail? Therefore, He saves only His dearest devotees. He underwent, the suffering of His people only on the Cross. He did not suffer for the sake of all the people and released all the people from their sins. If such thing is done the justice is destroyed. The administration becomes meaningless. When a devotee leaves everybody and everything for the sake of such human incarnation and participates in His service, such people are called as His people. Such devotees will never agree for the crucification of the Lord for their sake. Therefore, real saving is only at that stage.

              Whether, it is Christianity or Hinduism the beginner cannot come forward if the final stage is shown. In Hinduism the saints and in Christianity, the Popes, fathers, brother and sisters who are dedicated to the Mission have left everything and everybody for the sake of God. Actually such Holy saints only can be saved since they stand according to His standards prescribed. But if this fact is revealed no common man will come forward. It is the tradition of the divine preacher to show the final result even in the first step. We say to the schoolboy that if he goes to the school regularly and studies sincerely, he will become the professor.

              It is only encouragement. Does that mean that the boy will be appointed as professor as soon as he finishes the schooling? He gets encouraged and studies well in the school. Then he will go to college and university and study further, then he will join as a lecturer, become reader and then finally become the professor. Therefore, to attract the beginners such encouraging statements are made, which need not be condemned as lies. When a lie does well, such a lie cannot be the sin. Even if it is truth, if it harms it is a sin. We tell so many lies to our children to encourage them and our aim is only their welfare and not cheating them. Therefore, such statements should be accepted with reference to the level of the devotees.

              at the lotus feet of shri datta swami

              surya

              http://www.universal-spirituality.org

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 7, 2005
                Thank you, Surya, for the insightful
                and enlightened teaching. Nice take
                on "real" salvation. Agreed, that it
                is only when one is graced with the
                knowledge of the essence of Jesus'
                teachings, and has come to know, through
                direct experience, the Truth that
                sets you free, that they are "saved".

                Mere ritual or parroting of words,
                without the unlying change and the
                "resurrection" of the new (enlightened)
                person, does not bring salvation.

                And, yes, trying to live by prescription
                and impossible standards, as it taught
                by the fundamentalists churces, is a
                twist on the teachings of Jesus. His
                description of how enlightened persons
                live, and the joy and understanding
                that they have, has been turned upside
                down into a prescription.

                Well, I'll stop here before I take
                the next step up on the soapbox, except
                to say that meditation, especially
                meditation that has been marinated
                in "essential oils" (authentic teachings)
                for a time, can open the door to
                the aromatic experience of the
                essence of Jesus' teachings...and
                bring us into Christ, Krishna,
                Cosmic Consciousness - Real Saving.

                Jeff

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 7, 2005
                  > >Bob
                  > >PS: I think the whole Eagle team will now be able
                  > >to appreciate the value of (TO's forced) silence.
                  > >

                  > Bruce Morgen <editor@j...> wrote:
                  > Unfortunately, the improved
                  > ambience wasn't quite enough
                  > for Bob's beloved Birds to
                  > overcome a Joe Gibbs coached
                  > team determined to redeem
                  > themselves after getting
                  > drubbed by my G-Men. I
                  > really wanted the Iggles to
                  > be the resurgent squad --
                  > but alas it looks like the
                  > great coaching and key
                  > personnel upgrades in the
                  > rest of the NFC East have
                  > brought back the league's
                  > cherished "parity" to its
                  > toughest regional
                  > foursome.
                  >
                  > If it's any comfort, Bob, I
                  > suspect the Pats are due
                  > for their own dose of
                  > "parity" tomorrow night,
                  > since the Colts now have a
                  > credible NFL defense and
                  > even a Bruschi-equipped New
                  > England D is still too
                  > banged-up to contain that
                  > other Manning brother on
                  > anything close to a good
                  > day/evening. Let the
                  > games continue!

                  Yo Sri Bruceji,
                  I agree that the Mannings are bringing
                  trials and tribulations to all in their way.
                  Eli has apparently fulfilled all the ancient
                  prophecies and is bringing about a new era
                  in the NFC. Now I feel I must answer a few
                  Footballism non-believers who have sent me
                  emails called me to ask what is up with the
                  football references. So.....
                  In classic meditation tradition, there are
                  only 3 types of actions:
                  1. Tamasic - characterized by sloth, darkness,
                  even evil...doing things by rote, unawake,
                  unaware, selfish.
                  2. Rajasic - dealing with chasing after
                  selfish desires and ego trips. Still in
                  darkness, but at least having some activity.
                  3. Sattvasic - the opposite of Tamas/Rajas -
                  in light, aware, awake, kind, selfless,
                  serene, etc.
                  Most always, we live among a mix of Tamas/Rajas,
                  or Rajas/Sattva. The meditative "deal" with
                  this is to witness your thoughts, words, and
                  actions (and those in your environment IE people,
                  places, and things), and if you see yourself
                  being in any way Tamasic, at least kick it up to
                  Rajas, and strive always for Sattva. The more you
                  eliminate the Tamas and Rajas in your life, and
                  the more you add Sattva to your life, the greater
                  the spiritual evolution. And the religion of
                  Footballism, which has millions of followers in
                  America, presents an ongoing opportunity to
                  witness your inner reactivity Tamasically and
                  Rajasically more often than perhaps any other
                  religion, and thus the potential to change them to
                  Sattvaic energy gathering events. So, (Ashley,
                  Nina, Tom, John, and all other) non-believers,
                  you go about your quest for enlightenment in your
                  own way, and we will continue to worship and
                  use the tools of Footballism to evolve in ours.
                  I encourage you to come to the Linc in Philly or
                  Giants stadium or any of the other temples of
                  Sunday (and Monday night) worship to partake of the
                  holy activities and learn first hand what Sattva
                  a feeling being at one with a higher power (60,000+
                  fans rooting for the home team) can be.
                  PS: Don't even think about wearing the opposing teams
                  jersey while at either of the temples (stadiums)
                  mentioned above:-)
                  PPS: I hope you will take this in the
                  semi/hardly-serious Sattvaic way it was intended.