Re: [Meditation Society of America] headache from meditation

  • Delia Tofolean
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2005
      yes, the vocabulary for meditation are picture that one can see only one time. New colours, new dimensions, new or forgotten seasons.
      To think without words.
      The happiness is very intense and afterwards everyone wants to share this new happiness.
      And again there are no words to describe it.
      Perhaps are other languages which can, but unfortunatelly I don't know them.

      Tony Osime2 <tony.osime@...> wrote:
      Thanks for posting the response Bob.

      I chuckled when I compared my very long explanation to Robert's reply.

      One of the hardest things I find is to describe meditation experiences using
      every day terms. I find myself falling back on analogy to get a sense of
      what I mean even though physically the experience is very different.

      Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

      I will have an experience in meditation, and I will say to myself - how
      could I explain this to someone and still capture the essence of the
      experience? So I might say to myself, it is like waiting for the tide to go
      out and as it does you notice all kinds of things on the sand that were
      covered by the sea.

      In my meditation, there is no sea, sand or objects. But there is that
      sensation of waiting, observing and noticing new things.

      Is there a vocabulary for meditation?

      ...Tony