Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2002
      I received an email tonight from a much respected spiritual sister
      that had this to say:
      "Today on "The Dr. Phil Show" Larry King was being interviewed. He
      spoke about an encounter with Sri Gurudev and how He helped Larry
      learn about dealing with anger. It was spectacular!" Coincidentally,
      tonight, at our last class for the Fall semester at MCCC, we spent
      some time discussing books, tapes, and videos that could be of
      benefit, and Swami Satchidananda's name came up many times. For
      instance, the best book about meditation is also the
      oldest....Patanjali's Yoga Sutras. And Swamiji's translation is the
      clearest I've ever found. Similarly, the best book dealing with the
      different classic paths of finding union (Yoga) with the divine is the
      Bhagavad Gita, and once again, Swami Satchidananda's translation is a
      must-read for all meditators. We just reviewed and recommended both of
      these books in the new issue of The Inner Traveler, but we failed to
      mention that there are also videos and audio tapes of him available
      that deal with all aspects of meditation, yoga, and life in general.
      So, I do want to suggest checking out Shakticom, the distributor of
      his books, videos, and tapes. Their URL is:
      This is one of the great things about living in these times.....you
      can go on line, get videos of a totally enlightened saint, and sit
      down and recieve their darshan right in the comfort of your own home,
      and bathe in their wisdom and love...So, as I did in class tonight, I
      want to suggest that you check this out. I have every confidence you
      will be glad you did.
      Peace and blessings,
      PS: For more about Swami Satchidananda, his ashram's URL is: