What Meditation Means To Me

  • Tony Osime2
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 21, 2005
      Hello Mani,

      I was very happy you shared your meditation experience. I felt as if I was
      the one experiencing the world around me whirling. Thank you. The gaps of
      recognizable thoughtlessness remind me of my own experiences - the peace is
      incredibly beautiful (distractingly so, unfortunately).

      When you asked if you were on the right path I wondered who the question was
      directed to since I don't know if I am on the "right" path or not. But I
      feel that your sharing your experience has helped me on my path and your
      sharing might, in some way, help you on your path. Thanks again.

      Subject: Re: What Meditation Means To Me
      Nice suggestion. Thanks. First time when I was in initiated into TM and
      meditated, literally all around me was whirling around like a huge spinning
      wheel. This never happened ever again. But all along during meditation I am
      not conscious of anything. But now after reading a book, I started observing
      thoughts. Trying to catch the first thought that comes. I feel, quite aware
      and also find gaps of recognizable thoughtlessness, though the period is
      quite small say 10-15 seconds. But this is stimulating.
      am I in the right path.

      T. K. Mani