Weekly Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 32 , Oct 16, 2005
      "Very often we hear people say, `I am so upset,'
      or `I am really depressed.' What does that mean?
      Are you upset or is your mind upset? Your mind
      was alright yesterday, but today the mind is upset.
      You become the mind, you identify with the mind.
      That is the problem. But you are not the mind; you
      have a mind. There is somebody behind all these
      things--the Witness, the all-knowing person. You are
      that all-knowing person, but you don't know that.
      Learn to watch your own mind, to witness the fluctuations.
      Try to know the knower. See the seer. Hear the hearer.

      God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      For more about Swamiji: http://www.yogaville.org
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 3, 2009
        What Makes You Beautiful?

        "The more you worry about your weight,
        the more sick you become. The worry itself
        causes increase in weight because many
        people eat a lot when they worry. The more
        you think of weight, the more weight you
        will have. As you think, so you become.
        Worry is the most dangerous disease. Keep
        the mind healthy always. If someone doesn't
        want to like you because of your weight, that
        person is interested only in your flesh, not
        in your qualities. What will make a person
        beautiful? The beauty of wisdom that dawns
        through tranquility of mind. We have enough
        troubles and worries. Yogis should not be
        bothered with weight issues. Let us think
        of more important things in life that could
        bring peace, joy and harmony.

        For more by and about Swamiji:
        http://yogaville.org/