Re: Yet Another Theory of Evolutionary Divine Intelligence

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 15, 2005
      <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

      snip of more advertisements than we had agreed
      you would post for your Guru (one per week maximum)

      > ... such a Lord can enter creation at the request of devotees who
      wants Him only and His service. To give four fortunes to His devotees
      (to talk, to touch, co-living and to serve), He comes down.

      > at the lotus feet of shri datta swami

      > surya

      Dear Surya,
      You are pushing the idea of your Guru being separate from the
      rest of the universe, and as I see and understand it, you being
      separate from him is definitely one of the "correct" forms of
      Bhakti yoga. Your type of Bhakti practitioner never wants to be
      at one with their guru, as their enjoyment and feeling of worth
      comes from worshiping the guru as being apart from them. And
      the adoration of the guru is what "gets them high". In a way
      this is the same attitude that many of the Judeo/Christianity
      followers are taking...God/Christ is separate from them and the
      relationship they have with Him is God is here and I am there
      and I worship Him, but never unite with Him. As a matter of fact,
      the concept of being at one with God is often considered heresy.
      But that's just one version of what may or may not be reality.
      In a way this negates one of the attributes usually acknowledged
      for God to have and that is omnipresence, which would include
      God being within everyone and within every cell and atomic and
      sub atomic particle of everything. There's a great traditional
      Hindu artwork depiction of Krishna where he is in a field playing
      his flute, and there are many cows in the field, and on every cow
      is a picture of Krishna. I believe that you are sincere in your
      beliefs that as you say above (and too often in your never-ending
      PR campaign), that "...such a Lord can enter creation at the
      request of devotees...". And thus is not present until summoned
      by some actions that are designated to bring His presence.
      So you look for your connection to the Divine by service to
      someone separate from yourself. But the concept that God is
      within and can be found by looking within is recognized by
      billions of Judeo-Christians, Hindus, etc. And often this is
      also accompanied by the belief that one should look at a Guru as
      someone who points you to look within for God, and not at them
      as God. So what we obviously have is multiple paths to the same
      destination...God. And that's one of the main things this group
      is for - to present many ways to "get It". So, thanks for
      sharing, and I hope that we can all appreciate and be open to
      others having different perspectives on the Truth and not take
      a "my way is the only correct way" attitude.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 15, 2005
        Dear Bob

        mostly i am replying only otherwise i am trying to strictly adhere to the rules set by you.

        Hanuman, a topmost devotee identified Lord Rama and served Him  and always said I am servant to Lord Rama. He even performed many miracles also and still he has given credit of them to Rama only. (Dasoham kosalendrasya.....) For such worship, Lord has  given future creator post to Hanuman.

        Peter, John... identified Lord Jesus by His divine knowledge and participated in the propagation of divine knowledge. They left the families without any second thought and went along with Lord Jesus.

        Gopikas identified and worshipped Lord Krishna, the then human incarnation only and got the highest fruit of top most Goloka.

        Swami vivekananda participated in the mission of propagation of divine knowledge on the order of the then human incarnation Rama krishna parama hamsa .

        Likewise the disciples of Adisankara worshipped Him as lord and latter on participated in the propagation of divine knowledge.

        Meerabai also propagated Krishna bhakti by composing hymns and propagated them.

        In all these the disciples identified the Lord in the human form during their time and participated in His mission as servants.

        So, first one should identify the Satguru and then learn divine knowledge from Him. These disciples worshipped their Satguru. At His order, they participated in the propagation of divine knowledge as Service to Lord.

        Service only proves our real devotion, which consists of donating money & physically participating in His mission.

        regards &