Re: [Meditation Society of America] One Theory of Evolutionary Divine Intelligence

  • doug
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 14, 2005
      -----
      On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 11:10:54 -0700 (PDT), prakki surya wrote:
      If everybody is God, what is the meaning of spiritual effort? God needs Spiritual
      Effort to reach God?

      because medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      God Her/HimSelf is looking out of your eyes, hearing with your ears, smelling
      with your nose,tasting with your tongue, sensing with your skin,thinking with
      your mind...
      -----

      Hello.

      There is nothing that is not God.
      You are therefore not excluded from God.
      Spiritual effort is required to realize this directly.

      Cheers, Doug.

      ________________________________
      http://www.mymeditationcave.com
    • prakki surya
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 15, 2005

        dear friend

        Lord is substratum of the whole creation and hence forms base. Without Him creation cannot sustain. Lord created the universe for entertainment. He has given free will to all the human beings to do whatever they like. But, the results will follow the deeds. So, He is indirectly controlling, that is to say that enjoyment for good deeds and misery for bad deeds. Misery is to bring realisation only and not to repeat the same bad deed. Otherwise, He is not responsible for one's deeds.

        Creation is in Lord but Lord is not the creation. But such a Lord can enter creation at the request of devotees who wants Him only and His service. To give four fortunes to His devotees (to talk, to touch, co-living and to serve), He comes down.

        at the lotus feet of shri datta swami

        surya

        www.universal-spirituality.org

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 15, 2005
          <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

          snip of more advertisements than we had agreed
          you would post for your Guru (one per week maximum)

          > ... such a Lord can enter creation at the request of devotees who
          wants Him only and His service. To give four fortunes to His devotees
          (to talk, to touch, co-living and to serve), He comes down.

          > at the lotus feet of shri datta swami

          > surya

          Dear Surya,
          You are pushing the idea of your Guru being separate from the
          rest of the universe, and as I see and understand it, you being
          separate from him is definitely one of the "correct" forms of
          Bhakti yoga. Your type of Bhakti practitioner never wants to be
          at one with their guru, as their enjoyment and feeling of worth
          comes from worshiping the guru as being apart from them. And
          the adoration of the guru is what "gets them high". In a way
          this is the same attitude that many of the Judeo/Christianity
          followers are taking...God/Christ is separate from them and the
          relationship they have with Him is God is here and I am there
          and I worship Him, but never unite with Him. As a matter of fact,
          the concept of being at one with God is often considered heresy.
          But that's just one version of what may or may not be reality.
          In a way this negates one of the attributes usually acknowledged
          for God to have and that is omnipresence, which would include
          God being within everyone and within every cell and atomic and
          sub atomic particle of everything. There's a great traditional
          Hindu artwork depiction of Krishna where he is in a field playing
          his flute, and there are many cows in the field, and on every cow
          is a picture of Krishna. I believe that you are sincere in your
          beliefs that as you say above (and too often in your never-ending
          PR campaign), that "...such a Lord can enter creation at the
          request of devotees...". And thus is not present until summoned
          by some actions that are designated to bring His presence.
          So you look for your connection to the Divine by service to
          someone separate from yourself. But the concept that God is
          within and can be found by looking within is recognized by
          billions of Judeo-Christians, Hindus, etc. And often this is
          also accompanied by the belief that one should look at a Guru as
          someone who points you to look within for God, and not at them
          as God. So what we obviously have is multiple paths to the same
          destination...God. And that's one of the main things this group
          is for - to present many ways to "get It". So, thanks for
          sharing, and I hope that we can all appreciate and be open to
          others having different perspectives on the Truth and not take
          a "my way is the only correct way" attitude.

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 15, 2005
            Dear Bob

            mostly i am replying only otherwise i am trying to strictly adhere to the rules set by you.

            Hanuman, a topmost devotee identified Lord Rama and served Him  and always said I am servant to Lord Rama. He even performed many miracles also and still he has given credit of them to Rama only. (Dasoham kosalendrasya.....) For such worship, Lord has  given future creator post to Hanuman.

            Peter, John... identified Lord Jesus by His divine knowledge and participated in the propagation of divine knowledge. They left the families without any second thought and went along with Lord Jesus.

            Gopikas identified and worshipped Lord Krishna, the then human incarnation only and got the highest fruit of top most Goloka.

            Swami vivekananda participated in the mission of propagation of divine knowledge on the order of the then human incarnation Rama krishna parama hamsa .

            Likewise the disciples of Adisankara worshipped Him as lord and latter on participated in the propagation of divine knowledge.

            Meerabai also propagated Krishna bhakti by composing hymns and propagated them.

            In all these the disciples identified the Lord in the human form during their time and participated in His mission as servants.

            So, first one should identify the Satguru and then learn divine knowledge from Him. These disciples worshipped their Satguru. At His order, they participated in the propagation of divine knowledge as Service to Lord.

            Service only proves our real devotion, which consists of donating money & physically participating in His mission.

            regards &