Belly breathing

  • Tony Osime2
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2005
      Hello Delina,

      Thanks for your comments on hearing the spirits. It is food for thought.

      ...Tony

      Hi Bob,

      Thanks for your pearls of wisdom.

      I remember buying a vibrating watch some years ago. The key feature was that
      you could set it to go off periodically (say every hour) with a silent
      vibrating alarm. I would use this as a signal to become present at that
      moment. It worked very well. Eventually I lost a lot of the day to day
      tension I carried around with me.

      I wonder if it is time to put it on again and see how permanent the effect
      has been? I smile when I remember the effort I put into finding the watch.
      It is not enough that the watch has a silent, vibrating alarm - it has to
      automatically reset itself to go off again at the next period. It turned out
      to be a kind of pilot's watch - I guess pilots have to do periodic checks
      during their flights.

      This quest to find just the right watch is a kind of tension itself - it is
      like putting effort into relaxation. Rather like seeking enlightenment -
      which is probably why I smiled when I thought back at those days. Thanks
      again for the reminder that we don't need to seek anything outside of
      ourselves.

      ...Tony