Re: [Meditation Society of America] Belly breathing

  • Sandeep
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2005
      Yes.

      The awareness of the gap between breaths.......which is an awareness.......where there is no thought.........even the absence of the thought "there is no thought".

      Just an impersonal witnessing presence.

      And that is why the stillness between breaths.............is not the thought " the wonderful stillness between breaths".
      :-)

      Just be aware of the gap between breaths and remain there......

      ....while ........breathing goes on at it's own pace.....

      .........while .....actions happen in their own volition.....

      .....bringing in consequences which could be termed as "beneficial"............or "harmful".....

      ......while.......life enfolds as it does......

      .....moment to moment to moment.

      Tony Osime2 wrote:
      I am appreciating more and more the wonderful stillness between breaths.
      That moment of calm is a moment to be treasured. Part of the pleasure comes
      from not feeling the need to take the next breath. However, as I appreciate
      that moment I also appreciate the pleasure of breathing from the belly.

      Being so relaxed in meditation means that your body can function with much
      less influence from the mind. Of course, our bodies cannot exist normally
      without our minds; however, our minds add a tension to the natural workings
      of our bodies. When you pause between breaths you can experience, very
      subtly, the calm, ease and fluidity of your body working without the mind's
      normal influence.

      One of the things I have noticed is that my breathing becomes more natural.
      I breath more from my belly than my chest. It feels very good. To me it is
      incredible that simply taking a breath can feel so good. We breath hundreds
      of times every day but never savor the pleasure of any of these breaths,
      even though that pleasure is available to us.

      Focusing on your breath in meditation has benefits that can last the whole
      day.

      ...Tony

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2005
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Sandeep
        <sandeep1960@y...> wrote:
        > *Yes.
        >
        > The awareness of the gap between breaths.......which is an
        > awareness.......where there is no thought.........even the absence
        of
        > the thought "there is no thought".
        >
        > Just an impersonal witnessing presence.
        >

        > And that is why the stillness between breaths.............is not
        the
        > thought " the wonderful stillness between breaths".
        > :-)
        >

        > Just be aware of the gap between breaths and remain there......
        >
        > ....while ........breathing goes on at it's own pace.....
        >
        > .........while .....actions happen in their own volition.....
        >
        > .....bringing in consequences which could be termed as
        > "beneficial"............or "harmful".....
        >
        > ......while.......life enfolds as it does......
        >

        > .....moment to moment to moment.
        > *

        For those of you who, shall we say "See the Light",
        and would enjoy more, I just found some great Sandeep
        wisdom on the GuruRatings Lists...
        http://tinyurl.com/8mvtk

        PS: I'm not totally sure this URL will work for those who
        don't belong to GR, and if not, you'll be able to see much
        more on one of the web's greatest sites, The Covenant, at:
        http://www.the-covenant.net/
      • Delia Tofolean
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 28, 2005

          Live thee here and drink of all wisdom.

          Secrets and mysteries unto thee shall unveil. (The Emerald Tablets of Thots).

          Many thanks for all I learnd about breathing.

          Did someone tryied to meditate and breathe in a pyramid? Or in a Angkor Wat temple? I didn't but I am sure that some veil can fall and reveal an edge of truth.

          Serenity, harmoniy and peace = Love and Light

          <sandeep1960@y...> wrote:
          > *Yes.
          >
          > The awareness of the gap between breaths.......which is an
          > awareness.......where there is no thought.........even the absence
          of
          > the thought "there is no thought".
          >
          > Just an impersonal witnessing presence.
          >

          > And that is why the stillness between breaths.............is not
          the
          > thought " the wonderful stillness between breaths".
          > :-)
          >

          > Just be aware of the gap between breaths and remain there......
          >
          > ....while ........breathing goes on at it's own pace.....
          >
          > .........while .....actions happen in their own volition.....
          >
          > .....bringing in consequences which could be termed as
          > "beneficial"............or "harmful".....
          >
          > ......while.......life enfolds as it does......
          >

          > .....moment to moment to moment.
          > *

          For those of you who, shall we say "See the Light",
          and would enjoy more, I just found some great Sandeep
          wisdom on the GuruRatings Lists...
          http://tinyurl.com/8mvtk

          PS: I'm not totally sure this URL will work for those who
          don't belong to GR, and if not, you'll be able to see much
          more on one of the web's greatest sites, The Covenant, at:
          http://www.the-covenant.net/

          Yahoo! for Good