Re: [Meditation Society of America] Spiritual Effort & Rituals

  • jodyrrr
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 24, 2005
      <dattapr2000@y...> wrote:

      [snip]

      > The statue of Kalabhairava is in human form representing the
      > Lord in human form. Once you catch the Lord in human form the
      > Guru will say that you must worship Him with prayers (words)
      > and devotion (mind). Finally the Guru will say you must worship
      > Him by service practically. At every step the Guru will be
      > encouraging you stating that it is the final step. Some people
      > sit on some lower step and do not climb the higher steps.

      And some are blessed to know that it's all so much bunkem,
      that any guru is just another human being, most of whom
      know who they are, some of whom just think they know who
      they are. For instance, certain swamis who are convinced
      they are an incarnation of Dattatreya.
    • Delia Tofolean
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 25, 2005
        Hello Tony,

        Thank you for your kind reply.
        The beliefs we create can act on something very powerful which is hidden in us and we cannot see or control: our subconscient. You don't need to see the Non-human spirits - you can hear them (don't worry they are not like voices heard by schizophrenic people). It's a kind of music very sweet, etheric and far. And one can understand how music and silence are two chapter of the same book.

        The name of the book is the Blue Pearl

        Serenity, harmony and peace

        Delia
        Tony Osime2 <tony.osime@...> wrote:

        Hello Delia,

        Thank you for your comments on Non-human spirits.

        I must admit that I have never thought seriously of non-human spirits. While
        they are an element in my culture, the scientific approach to life is more
        dominate, or is getting more dominate. I see the use of spirits and
        scientific explanation as two approaches to explaining different phenomenon.
        While I am flexible enough to approach things from both perspectives, I feel
        that we actually create whatever we "see" - which might be why I have never
        seen these Non-human spirits. But now that I have planted the seed by
        thinking about it, maybe that will change. I will be sure to let you know.

        Incidentally, I used to use incense and go through pre-meditation actions.
        But over time, I have found that these things make no difference for me
        unless I believe that they do. It is interesting how the beliefs we create
        or accept end up controlling us.

        ...Tony

        Message: 2
           Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:34:37 -0700 (PDT)
           From: Delia Tofolean <deliatfn@...>
        Subject: Re: Relaxation Speed

        Hi,

        did you think about Non-human Spirits, by these terms I indicate certain
        creatures who have never incarnated on any planet. They can assist or hinder
        u when one try to relax. For these reason the purification bath and incense
        burning is so important. Also the invocation of your Guru before you begin
        is of crucial importance. These Non-human Spirits can be creature of Light
        and one will share with them the blissful silence of cosmical love but they
        can be also of demonical nature who try to interfere in our soul and
        thoughts. The period of relaxation before meditation is the dangerous time
        when our subcounscious is open like the lotus flower in the morning sun. For
        this reason the protection system should be powerful. And very pure. And
        simple.

        Hello raj,

        Thanks for your comments on not creating stress. I believe this to be very
        important in meditation. There was a time I used to think that if I did not
        do everything perfectly in meditation I would never achieve any worthwhile
        goal. All I did was create stress and disappointment. It is much better to
        sit back and enjoy the ride.

        There are times I feel that we have actually completed the journey and have
        decided to forget that fact so that we can enjoy the journey as if it were
        new.

        ...Tony

        Message: 3
           Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 01:31:57 +0100 (BST)
           From: raj raje <zataka10@...>

        HI,
        What is importent is concentration. There are two ways leading to same
        goal. One is with low speed [ pippilika marg =speed of sunt/ ] .Other is
        high speed.[vingam marg = speed of an eagel].YYou can choose any method. BUT
        remember that there shall not be any stress. TAKE CARE.

        Yahoo! for Good