  • veena shenoy
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 20 8:15 PM

      Dear Surya,( I don't have authority to call another divine soul as Oh surya as you did)

                         Please do not judge anyone with one email. No one knows who is more spiritual or devotional. All we need is a little openness and sensitivity and we will experience God in whatever form, wherever we are. We can access enough Divine Love directly from God that
      we not only  more than fill our own need for Divine Bliss and
      nurturance, but we can  gently overflow with abundance for everyone we meet in  our day.

      In one of his discourse, swamiji talks about gratitude.

      gratitude is the greatest attitude.

      Our prayer should be one of heart-felt gratitude and nothing else. Life itself is a gift to us from God. Did we work for God day and night and earn this Life? No! We tell God that we want a diamond ring, but don’t thank him for giving us a finger to wear it. While asking, we ask in a very detailed fashion, but while thanking, we thank very superfluously. We always feel that something that we don’t have is as big as a mountain without which we cannot survive, but when we actually get it, somehow it becomes too small a thing to thank God for. We simply take it for granted. After every gift that we receive, the mind says ‘What next?’ We have no faith in or gratitude towards the Cosmic Energy that is actually taking care of us every minute.

      We need to adopt a life of nothing but gratitude. Thanking God does not mean visualizing empty space and thanking it in a jiffy! You need to start from thanking the people who built the hospital in which you were delivered from your mother’s womb! People, plants and animals are all a part of God or Cosmos. If you feel only gratitude, there will be only happiness in your life. When there is true happiness in your life, good fortune will prevail. True Happiness or Ananda has the property of attracting good fortune.

      Message: 3
      Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 07:42:26 -0700 (PDT)
      From: prakki surya
      Subject: Re: in response to GUru Guru....

      Oh shenoy

      in your analysis, you are more concentrating on qualities forgetting about the best quality devotion. Spiritual growth itself means increase of devotion on Lord day by day by getting more and more divine knowledge. we should spend every minute in getting devotion which is the best quality.

      at the lotus feet of shri datta swami
      surya

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • prakki surya
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 10, 2005

        dear friends

        I am the knowledge, love and bliss
        Vedas call Me Parabrahman
        Knowledge, love and bliss concentrated
        Multiplied by infinity is Myself.

        My power is called Maya,
        Which is inexplicable for you
        I keep this secret of Maya with Me only
        Otherwise, human beings will catch My hair

        To keep the soul always at My feet
        I do not disclose the secret of Maya
        By this, the soul always surrenders to Me
        Otherwise, he will claim himself as the Lord.

        Through Maya only I created this world
        I enjoy by seeing this everlasting cinema
        For enjoyment I created ignorance
        Which covers Me and I forget Myself

        I am not sleeping and not caught by dream
        I am dreaming in the day opening My eyes
        The ignorance is at My will to stay or not
        Unlike the ignorance of a night dreamer

        My awareness is not your awareness
        If it is so, when you weep I should weep
        All should also weep at the same time
        Your awareness is negligible part of Mine.

        All the souls put together along with this world
        Form a pinhead drop in Me, almost nil
        I am the mightiest ocean of knowledge, love and bliss
        Which are the characteristics of consciousness

        Even all the souls weep together at a time
        I cannot be touched, all those being negligible
        Awareness of awareness is consciousness, no doubt
        You are seeing only the qualitative similarity

        Drop and ocean are qualitatively water, may be
        Can the drop become the ocean by this equality?
        Water is Brahman but ocean is Eswara
        You are already Brahman but not Eswara

        Sankara touched this qualitative aspect only
        To attract Bhuddists who were atheists then,
        He told “Oh drop! You are already water”
        But the drop thought that is was ocean

        Bhuddist was fooled like this by Sankara
        He has to accept his existence and If He is Brahman
        Qualitative realization was brought like this
        That is the beginning stage, which should be so

        Slowly when he analyzes the qualitative aspect
        And goes into quantitative angle, truth is seen
        He realizes that He is only water and not ocean
        Then he surrenders to ocean to become devotee

        Knowledge by analysis leads to devotion
        Devotion needs the ocean to be present before eyes
        For this purpose the ocean enters a human body drop
        Through His power of Maya, called human incarnation.

        “Anoraneeyan mahato maheeyan” Veda says so
        This means that the ocean has entered the drop
        In the same time it is ocean and also the drop
        That is the human incarnation, which is God and man.

        This human incarnation is called Parabrahman
        Which is greater than Brahman, soul, and Eswara
        Brahman is water, Eswara is ocean and drop is soul
        All these are quite logical terms to grasp.

        Parabrahman is greater than all these
        The word “Para” means “greater” actually
        It is greater than the drop, ocean and water
        Since it is the ocean hiding in a drop by Maya

        You can not face Eswara directly at any cost
        By that force, you will disappear along with this world
        You can face Parabrahman, which is the ocean
        That speaks with you hidden in a drop like you

        As the ocean is hidden in the drop by Maya
        The ocean can enter you also by the same Maya
        But the ocean independently can not hear you
        The voice of the drop is no where in the voice of ocean

        Therefore, approach Parabrahman and serve Him,
        As a servant without aspiring anything from Him
        If He wishes, you can get the samadhi
        In which the Ocean enters you as a shadow.

        Sankara never told that you are Eswara
        He told that you are only Brahman
        Awareness of a drop-like awareness is useless
        Awareness of an ocean-like awareness is greatest

        You can not achieve this samadhi by your effort
        Your effort is not heard by the roaring ocean
        The ocean comes down to hear you in this way
        If you do not use this opportunity, you are lost

        When the king comes to hear the public
        Your are keeping silent staying in your home
        When the king is busy in a battlefield
        You go there and submit your complaint!

        This is the state of Advita philosopher
        He is the foolish disciple of Sankara
        Egoism and jealousy cover his eyes
        He can not see the ocean in a drop

        But he, a drop, wants to contain the ocean
        How can the ocean enter him who is a drop?
        He discards the technique and the example
        How can he become the example by the same technique?

        Therefore, follow Satguru who is the ocean in a drop
        If you follow another drop what is the use?
        You are a rabbit and If you see the Lion
        You will vanish on the spot with fear.

        Therefore, the Lion came as a rabbit
        Remember, the Lion is covered by the skin of rabbit
        It is not at all a rabbit, it speaks “I am Lion”
        You rabbit! Don’t imitate that rabbit like Lion.

        Recognize and serve that rabbit like Lion with love
        Because it looks like a rabbit, it is your friend only
        There is no need of fear since the Lion is not exposed
        It behaves like a rabbit in all its activities.

        A human incarnation also behaves like a man
        With all the qualities of nature only
        This will generate love and nearness in your heart
        For you to approach and love, this technique is adopted.

        When your service that is the proof of your love is full
        Then the Lion enters your body as a shadow for sometime
        Through His Maya to give you His experience
        The Lion can not enter you unless you die.

        Death does not mean the physical death of the body
        By which the egoism of the soul is not lost
        Spiritual death is crossing ‘I’ for ever
        ‘I’ disappears only in the selfless service

        The service should be to the drop containing the ocean
        You can never approach that mightiest ocean directly
        Therefore, the ocean and the drop is the only alternative
        When ‘I’ is removed, ‘My’ also gets removed.

        If ‘My’ is lost all the desires are lost
        The desires are the branches of ‘My’
        ‘My’ is the trunk and ‘I’ is the root
        Removal of trunk with branches is the spiritual death.

        If you remove the root also along with the trunk
        You have become just the inert skin of rabbit
        The Lion can wear this shirt of rabbit skin
        Of course, the Lion should also wish to accept that shirt

        Therefore, your effort should not be only for spiritual death
        You should also try to please the Lion always
        The Lion can never enter the living rabbit
        What is the use of this? You have become inert.

        The letter ’
        I’ refers to Lord Datta.

        at the lotus feet of shri datta swami

        surya

        http://www.universal-spirituality.org

      • Sandeep
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 10, 2005
          The true perspective of Advaita is the cessation of all perspectives.

          Including the perspective known as Advaita.

          And including the perspective that there is or was......... something to cease.

          prakki surya wrote:

          dear friends

          I am the knowledge, love and bliss
          Vedas call Me Parabrahman

        • jodyrrr
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 16, 2005
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Sandeep
            <sandeep1960@y...> wrote:

            > *The true perspective of Advaita is the cessation of all perspectives.
            >
            > Including the perspective known as Advaita.
            >
            > And including the perspective that there is or was.........
            something to
            > cease.

            But then there would be no "satgurus", would there?

            That's simply unworkable for the narcissist seeking
            adulation as God.

            > prakki surya wrote:
            >
            > > dear friends
            > >
            > > I am the knowledge, love and bliss
            > > Vedas call Me Parabrahman

          • Sandeep
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 16, 2005

              <sandeep1960@y...> wrote:

              > *The true perspective of Advaita is the cessation of all perspectives.
              >
              > Including the perspective known as Advaita.
              >
              > And including the perspective that there is or was.........
              something to
              > cease.

              But then there would be no "satgurus", would there?
              :-)

              For a circus show to be complete, there has to be clowns.

              And clowning.

              That's simply unworkable for the narcissist seeking
              adulation as God.
              Indeed.

              If the seeker is simply thrown back on  itself....without any props , not even the promise of props in the future.....how will the Gurudom-organization run?

              How is Bill Gates the richest guy walking around?

              He peddles a product, which perenially needs patches, updates, and upgradations.

              The hope of a crashless-computing is the perenial hook-up to BG and he is running out of Banks to park the mazooma.

              Same game in the spirituality hoopla.

              Here, there is an added advantage for the hooker.

              99% of the  clients come with a pre-disposition more or less etched in.............aka............something has to be achieved, attained, realized and ergo something has to be done to achieve, get, attain, realize...... that something.

              And the more esoteric that "something-to-done"........... the more the  client salivates at the prospects.

              Ofcourse, .........the circus show would not be complete.......... without the hooker, the hooked and the hooking.

            • jorgezanguieff
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 17, 2005
                <sandeep1960@y...> wrote:

                > jodyrrr wrote:
                >
                > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Sandeep
                > > <sandeep1960@y...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > *The true perspective of Advaita is the cessation of all
                perspectives.

                > > > Including the perspective known as Advaita.
                > > >
                > > > And including the perspective that there is or was.........
                > > something to
                > > > cease.
                > >
                > > But then there would be no "satgurus", would there?
                >
                > *:**-)
                >
                > For a circus show to be complete, there has to be clowns.
                >

                > And clowning.*
                >

                > > That's simply unworkable for the narcissist seeking
                > > adulation as God.
                >
                > *Indeed.
                >
                > If the seeker is simply thrown back on itself....without any
                props ,
                > not even the promise of props in the future.....how will the
                > Gurudom-organization run?
                >

                > How is Bill Gates the richest guy walking around?
                >
                > He peddles a product, which perenially needs patches, updates, and
                > upgradations.
                >
                > The hope of a crashless-computing is the perenial hook-up to BG and
                he
                > is running out of Banks to park the mazooma.
                >

                > Same game in the spirituality hoopla.
                >
                > Here, there is an added advantage for the hooker.
                >
                > 99% of the clients come with a pre-disposition more or less etched
                > in.............aka............something has to be achieved,
                attained,
                > realized and ergo something has to be done to achieve, get, attain,
                > realize...... that something.
                >

                > And the more esoteric that "something-to-done"........... the more
                the
                > client salivates at the prospects.
                >

                > Ofcourse, .........the circus show would not be complete..........
                > without the hooker, the hooked and the hooking.

                So, who is the clown, Bill Gates or the users of windows? Same
                question to spirituality :-P

                Zanguieff
              • Tom Flou
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 18, 2005
                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, jorgezanguieff >

                  > So, who is the clown, Bill Gates or the users of windows? Same
                  > question to spirituality :-P
                  >
                  > Zanguieff

                  The clown is defined by the precense of an ordience.
                  No ordience: No clown.
                  Ordience + clown.... is circus.

                  Without Dos/Windows-users, Bill might still
                  be sitting, in his faders garage.

                  Without seekers, Nisargadetta would just
                  have been selling cigarettes fulltime.

                  Tom
                • vishal pandya
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 19, 2005
                    hari om

                    how are i u all

                    i am a peson from kundalini yoga and shaktipat i am looking some one
                    who is interesrted to discuss with me about this mine and his queries.

                    thnaks

                    On 11/18/05, Tom Flou <tom@...> wrote:
                    > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, jorgezanguieff >
                    > >
                    > > So, who is the clown, Bill Gates or the users of windows? Same
                    > > question to spirituality :-P
                    > >
                    > > Zanguieff
                    >
                    > The clown is defined by the precense of an ordience.
                    > No ordience: No clown.
                    > Ordience + clown.... is circus.
                    >
                    > Without Dos/Windows-users, Bill might still
                    > be sitting, in his faders garage.
                    >
                    > Without seekers, Nisargadetta would just
                    > have been selling cigarettes fulltime.
                    >
                    > Tom

                    > Health and wellness
                    > Alternative medicine
                    > Health wellness product
                    >
                    > Health and wellness program
                    > Health promotion and wellness
                    > Business health wellness

                    > ________________________________

                  • prakki surya
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 20, 2005
                      dear friends
                      Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta swami

                      Everybody aspires the highest fruit through the easiest way.  The easiest way is the path of knowledge, which does not require any sacrifice.  The highest fruit is to become the very Lord right now from this moment onwards.  They like the preacher to say that they should just come out of their house to receive a heap of infinite treasure lying down before the doors.   Anybody will be happiest to receive the news that, he has become eligible to join the post of district collector in whatever stage of his study to the I.A.S. Examination he is present.  The post is offered to the fresh student who just joined the I.A.S. Course and also to the student who passed the I.A.S. Examination.  Both are equally eligible now itself to join the same post.  If the preacher says that already both have joined the post and that they have forgotten this truth, now all the effort is only to recognize that they are the district collectors.  This gives the idea that there is no need of any future effort.  This is the mis-interpreted philosophy of monoism (Advaita) of Sankara.

                      Every body is very much attracted to this path.  The influence of this path is so much that no body is coming out of this illusion.  It is so sweet that they are unable to leave this state.  The basic misconcept is to think that the self is the superself.  Self is any living being in this world.  Super self is the Lord.  They just find one common point i.e., the pure awareness (Chit) exists in both.  The Prime Minister and his peon have several common points like pure awareness, similar form of external human body etc. Both eat and sleep similarly.  Both are married and both have children.  Because of these common points can you treat the Prime Minister and His peon as one and the same?  Based on one common point i.e., pure awareness, how can you say that self is superself?  Veda says that by the order of the Lord, the Sun is shining.  In summer due to sunstroke a human being is killed.  Let the Advaita scholar stand against the sunstroke and order the Sun not to kill him.

                      When the disciples of Sankara thought that they are also the Lord, Sankara swallowed the molten lead and asked the disciples to do the same.  Then they fell on the feet of Sankara.  Then Sankara told "Shivah Kevaloham", which means that only He is Shiva.  The word Kevala (only) is important here.  Sankara while taking bath in the ocean at Puri told "Oh! Lord! Though the qualitative identity is in between us, the quantitative difference exists.  The water is common in both the sea and the wave like the pure awareness in the soul and super soul.  But the quantitative difference exists and one should not forget that the entire wave is in the sea but the entire sea is not in the wave".  This is stated as a message for the sake of ordinary soul.  These Advaita Scholars filter all the differentiating points and finally get the common point filtered down into the beaker as the filtrate.  The differentiating points are the residue on the filter paper and the filtered common point is in the downward beaker.  They see only the beaker but not the filter paper.  Therefore, the whole spiritual path is twisted and confused almost all the human beings.

                      Seeing this situation the same Sankara came as Ramanuja and Madhva and clearly differentiated the superself from the self.  Some devotees have come out of this illusion but several people are still lingering there only due to their unreasonable and unimaginable ambition for the fruit.  Unless this basic concept is realized, all the stages of the spiritual effort cannot be healthy.  The poison injected in the foundation has spread all over the upstairs of the construction.  Your question has already assumed that self is super self.  You have no doubt about that basic concept.  Nobody likes to touch that basic concept.  If that basic concept is analysed the entire castle of their ambition will collapse.  They cannot tolerate to loose the highest fruit, which was captured by them by the easiest way of self-realization.  Now for such self-realization, you are asking whether the meditation or the study of scriptures is the path.  When the goal itself is absent what is the use of the path?  It is something like asking whether one should pass eighth standard or ninth standard to become the district collector.  Neither of these two standards can give you the post.  By passing those two standards one can get the post of a peon.  One has to pass the I.A.S. Examination for which he is eligible after passing degree examination, which is far from both those standards.  These advaita scholars argue that the peon is the collector.  They do not accept the existence of any higher post other than the peon.

                      The reason for this basic misunderstanding is the word "Brahman".  As per Sanskrit grammar this word comes from the root "Bruhi-Vruddhau", which means that the root meaning of this word is greatness.  Anything that is great can be called as Brahman.  The soul is the most precious and greatest item of the creation and is called as Para Prakruti, which means the greatest of all the created items.  The soul is included as a part of the creation (Prakruti) and is called as Para Prakruti as said in Gita (Prakritim Viddhi me paraam….).  It is not Creator.  If it is Creator it cannot be called as Prakruti.  It is only the modification of food during evolution as said in Veda (Annat Purushah…).  The same inert energy called as electro magnetic radiation working through a special unknown technology is life.  The materials of the technology are known and the working inert energy is also known.  But the special technology in which it works is not known and therefore, life energy is not synthesized so far.  Only God knows that technology.

                      posted by:
                      surya

                      Sandeep <sandeep1960@...> wrote:
                      jodyrrr wrote: In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Sandeep
                      <sandeep1960@y...> wrote:

                      > *The true perspective of Advaita is the cessation of all perspectives.
                      > Including the perspective known as Advaita.
                      > And including the perspective that there is or was.........something to cease.

                      But then there would be no "satgurus", would there?
                      :-)

                      For a circus show to be complete, there has to be clowns.

                      And clowning.

                      That's simply unworkable for the narcissist seeking adulation as God.Indeed.