Mullah Loses His Mind

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2005
      There are at least 7 ways to understand any
      Nasrudin tale, and 7 ways to understand any
      of the ways, and 7 ways to understand each of
      them, and so on and so on. But often, his "donkey"
      is said to represent his (our) mind. I think
      this tale helps us see that, and perhaps that will
      give us a clue as to how to view all Nasrudin
      stories, and our own "donkey"...Enjoy!

      One day, Nasreddin went through the streets
      dancing and singing and laughing out loud.
      "Why are you so happy, Mullaha?" the people asked.
      "Ah, my friends, my donkey is missing!"
      "But Mullah, is that any reason to be happy?"
      "Of course, my friends! After all, if I had been
      sitting on it, I'd be missing, too!"

      PS (and another hint):
      How fortunate for Nasrudin that he wasn't just
      sitting on his donkey, but does witness it's coming
      and going. How happy that makes him!

      FAIR USE NOTICE
      This site contains copyrighted material the use of
      which has not always been specifically authorized by
      the copyright owner. We are making such material available
      in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental,
      scientific, spiritual, and social justice issues, etc.
      We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such
      copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of
      the US US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title
      17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is
      distributed without profit to those who have expressed
      a prior interest in receiving the included information
      for research and educational purposes. For more information
      go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
      If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site
      for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you
      must obtain permission from the copyright owner