Physical relaxation in meditation

  • Tony Osime
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14, 2005
      Hello everyone,

      After six weeks without meditating while on vacation, I started my sessions
      and noted that they felt "dull".

      What I appreciate now is that I was not allowing my physical relaxation to
      progress past the point of very low physical sensations. This limited my
      depth of meditation. After six weeks, I had slightly forgotten this
      technique.

      As I meditate, I physically relax. The more I relax, the deeper I go into
      meditation. There comes a point where there are so few physical sensations
      from my body that I find it hard to monitor my state of physical relaxation.
      However, I can still continue my physical relaxation. Only now, the feedback
      comes from inner sounds and mental states.

      I still need to "tell" my body to continue the physical relaxation, even
      though I am not getting physical feedback. The key is to do this in a very
      subtle way so it does not become a point of distraction to the meditation.

      If I stopped the relaxation progression simply because I felt no physical
      sensations my sessions would remain at very shallow levels and seem "dull".

      Has anyone had this experience? Does anyone have any comments or
      suggestions?

      Regards...Tony
    • vishal pandya
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 19, 2005
        hi tony

        this is vishal from india

        i got somewhat same but small diffrence in mine experiences.

        before some days i am on the journey of indian temples.

        in some temples i entered i feel sensation of prana and lose my control of body

        even after a 20 - 25 minutes i got consiousness

        mine guruji siddhyogi shri vibhakarji www.siddhyog.org
        said that it is a flow of divine energy that take u ion to the deep meditation.

        so this is mine experience

        i like to share some more with u tony

        thanks