Nasrudin and the Nature of God

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13 7:56 PM
      Nasrudin was once called to speak about the
      Nature of God in the local mosque. Present were
      many Imams and Dr's of the Islamic Law. Out of
      courtesy and because Nasrudin could not be
      counted on to say anything worthwhile, these
      illustrious guests explained and inspired the
      audience with their eloquence and wisdom. Finally
      it was Nasrudins turn to explain the Nature of God.
      "God . . .", started Nasrudin impressively "is . . ."
      Nasrudin removed and held up an ovoid dark vegetable
      from the folds of his turban, " . . . an eggplant."
      There was uproar at this blasphemy. When order was
      established, Nasrudin was asked to explain his words.
      "I conclude that everyone has spoken of what they do
      not know or have not seen. We can all see this eggplant.
      Is there anyone who can deny that God is manifest in
      all things?" Nobody could. "Very well," said Nasrudin,
      "God is an eggplant!"

      FAIR USE NOTICE
      This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not
      always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are
      making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding
      of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy,
      scientific, spiritual, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this
      constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided
      for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title
      17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed
      without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in
      receiving the included information for research and educational
      purposes. For more information go to:
      http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use
      copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go
      beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner