Don't Forget About Nasrudin

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2005
      This was sent to me by a friend who
      found it somewhere, but can't remember where,
      or why he tought he needed to send it to me:

      The Mullah said: There is one thing in this
      world which must never be forgotten. If you
      were to forget everything else, but did not forget
      that, then there would be no cause to worry;
      whereas if you performed and remembered and
      did not forget every single thing, but forget that
      one thing, then you would have done nothing whatsoever.
      It is just as if a king had sent you to the country
      to carry out a specified task. You go and perform a
      hundred other tasks; but if you have not
      performed that particular task on account
      of which you had gone to the country, it is as
      though you have performed nothing at all. So man has
      come in this world for a particular task, and that
      is his purpose; if he does not perform it, then he
      will have done nothing.
      A bystander who happened to be listening
      was so impressed with Nasrudin's words that
      he approached the Mullah and said:
      "Oh, Master, your message is indeed quite
      wonderful and amazing, full
      of great wisdom and knowledge!"
      At this point Nasrudin tried to keep from
      blushing as the bystander continued saying:
      "Oh, pray tell, Great Master, what is this
      thing which should not be forgotten?"
      Nasrudin putting on his wisest face answered:
      "It is that which I forgot."

      PS:I think I remember that much more like
      this can be found on the Nasrudin Yahoo group.