Happy Uposatha Observance Day

  • Era
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2005
      I take refuge in:

      I take refuge in the Buddha.
      I take refuge in the Dhamma.
      I take refuge in the Sangha.

      I seek shelter in the Buddha for the 2nd time. I seek shelter in the Dhamma for the 2nd time. I seek shelter in the Sangha for the 2nd time. I request protection from the Buddha for the 3rd

      ~~~~~~~~~

      The Five Precepts
      1. Panatipata veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami I undertake the precept to refrain from destroying living creatures.
      2. Adinnadana veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami I undertake the precept to refrain from taking that which is not given.
      3. Kamesu micchacara veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami I undertake the precept to refrain from sexual misconduct.
      4. Musavada veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami I undertake the precept to refrain from incorrect speech.
      5. Suramerayamajja pamadatthana veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami I undertake the precept to refrain from intoxicating drinks and drugs which lead to carelessness.
      6. Vikalabhojana veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami I undertake the precept to refrain from eating at the forbidden time (i.e., after noon).
      7. Nacca-gita-vadita-visukkadassana
      mala-gandha-vilepana-dharana-mandana-vibhusanathana veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami
      I undertake the precept to refrain from dancing, singing, music, going to see entertainments, wearing garlands, using perfumes, and beautifying the body with cosmetics.
      8. Uccasayana-mahasayana veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami I undertake the precept to refrain from lying on a high or luxurious sleeping place

      calendar for 2005
      http://www.accesstoinsight.org/ptf/dhamma/sila/uposatha2005.html http://www.canonpali.org/ud5-05.html

      metta, Era

      .