Re: [Meditation Society of America] Meditation is the way

  • prakki surya
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17, 2005

      A word on Indian spiritual practices .........

      Hindus, particularly, are sacrificing words through prayers and feelings through expression of love for the sake of God.  When the question of wealth or money comes they sacrifice it for the sake of their families only.  This is the reason why India suffers with poverty.  Swami Vivekananda wept loudly facing the sky asking; “Why India with such high spiritual knowledge is suffering with poverty?”  The foreigners are not so well in prayers and expression of love or meditation compared to Indians but they sacrifice their money for the sake of God with full vigor.  Therefore God blesses the foreign countries with wealth and prosperity.

      Indians sacrifice words and mind only to God.  Therefore Indians are blessed with very good pronunciation of language and excellent knowledge, which are connected to the words and mind.  Gita says ‘Ye Yatha Mam Prapadyante’ which means that God gives you result in the same way in which you worship Him.  If you worship Him with words (prayers) only He will also appreciate you with sweet words.  If you love Him with your mind and concentrate with meditation, He will also love you in turn with high concentration of mind.  If you sacrifice practically, He will also do everything to you practically.  Indians must learn this practical sacrifice from foreigners as they have learnt the science and technology from the West.  Even in the olden days, Indians were always doing exercises in theoretical knowledge of God and in composing lot of poems on God.  Therefore the same attitude entered even their education of science.  They have become theorists even in science.

      The foreigners were less theoretical and more practical in spiritual things and therefore that attitude entered their scientific education also and the foreigners have become the real practical scientists.  Let Indians not be proud that they are the masters in the spiritualism if not in science.  Though I am born in India, I deny this.  The Indians should follow the foreigners not only in science but also in spiritualism by learning the practical aspect of the materialistic as well as divine knowledge.

      Today, in the world everybody agrees that the real power is the money only.  Money is the fruit of work and Bhagavatgita calls sacrifice of money “Karma Phala Tyaga”.  In Bhagavatgita it is said “Dhyanat Karma Phala Tyagah” which means that devotion is greater than Knowledge and sacrifice of the fruit of the work (money) is greater than the devotion.  Knowledge consists of intelligence and words.  Devotion consists of mind and words.  Sacrifice consists of heart and love.  The proof of the love is the practical service, which is the practical sacrifice of work or money.  For the propagation of the divine knowledge and devotion the money is needed to publish the gospel in the form of books.  When you sacrifice your money for the divine work your treasure in the heaven is built up.  This means that God will help you after your death and you will enter the kingdom of God.

      You are giving your earnings to your family only and so your real love is on your family only.  There is no need of any further argument on this point because it is very clear proof.  This is the real fire test for your love.  You are sacrificing valueless words and valueless mind in leisure, which is valueless time.  This cannot prove the real value of God.  You must give real value to God.  You are finishing your prayers and meditation on God as soon as the time to go to job is nearing.   Similarly when some work for the family is approaching, you are immediately leaving the presence of God.  Therefore you are not giving any value to God for all practical purpose.   But you are telling lies in your prayers that God is everything for you.  The money is the final test and it can be the only test also since all the family is associated with you for money only and the family serves you in your old age for your money only.  If the money is sacrificed to God your real color of love can be seen.

      at the lotus feet of shri datta swami

      surya@...

      chandrashekar poola <meditationguru2@...> wrote:
      Meditation is the way.
      Meditation is the journey of our Consciousness towards Self.
      Meditation is to understand the Beyondness.
      Meditation is to understand the Unlimitedness.
      Meditation is to be healthy, happy and Blissful at all times and situations.

      Meditationguru
      www.meditationguru.com

      Yahoo! Mail for Mobile

    • chandrashekar
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 19, 2005
        Meditation is easy to learn. One has to pactice a lot.

        Meditation is to understand the Beyondness within.

        We are not just Body and Mind. We are pure Consciousness.
        We are not body, but we are staying in the body.

        Sir, keep an hour exclusively for Meditation practice.
        While you sit for Meditation,
        First totally relax...clasp your hand, cross your legs...
        close your eyes...relax...
        slowly observe the flow of your normal breath...
        just witness...just observe...in-breath...out-breath...
        follow the flow....If any thought comes...just ignore...
        come back to breath...be breath...just be...witness...
        be in this state for 45 minutes.
        All the best in the Journey Beyond.
        Meditationguru
        www.meditationguru.com
      • prakki surya
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 19, 2005

          I.      Reaching self is reaching Lord?

          Everybody aspires the highest fruit through the easiest way.  The easiest way is the path of knowledge, which does not require any sacrifice.  The highest fruit is to become the very Lord right now from this moment onwards.  They like the preacher to say that they should just come out of their house to receive a heap of infinite treasure lying down before the doors.   Anybody will be happiest to receive the news that, he has become eligible to join the post of district collector in whatever stage of his study to the I.A.S. Examination he is present.  The post is offered to the fresh student who just joined the I.A.S. Course and also to the student who passed the I.A.S. Examination.  Both are equally eligible now itself to join the same post.  If the preacher says that already both have joined the post and that they have forgotten this truth, now all the effort is only to recognize that they are the district collectors.  This gives the idea that there is no need of any future effort.  This is the mis-interpreted philosophy of monoism (Advaita) of Sankara.

          Every body is very much attracted to this path.  The influence of this path is so much that no body is coming out of this illusion.  It is so sweet that they are unable to leave this state.  The basic mis-concept is to think that the self is the super-self.  Self is any living being in this world.  Super self is the Lord.  They just find one common point i.e., the pure awareness (Chit) exists in both.  The Prime Minister and his peon have several common points like pure awareness, similar form of external human body etc. Both eat and sleep similarly.  Both are married and both have children.  Because of these common points can you treat the Prime Minister and His peon as one and the same?  Based on one common point i.e., pure awareness, how can you say that self is super-self?  Veda says that by the order of the Lord, the Sun is shining.  In summer due to sunstroke a human being is killed.  Let the Advaita scholar stand against the sunstroke and order the Sun not to kill him.

          When the disciples of Sankara thought that they are also the Lord, Sankara swallowed the molten lead and asked the disciples to do the same.  Then they fell on the feet of Sankara.  Then Sankara told "Shivah Kevaloham", which means that only He is Shiva.  The word Kevala (only) is important here.  Sankara while taking bath in the ocean at Puri told "Oh! Lord! Though the qualitative identity is in between us, the quantitative difference exists.  The water is common in both the sea and the wave like the pure awareness in the soul and super soul.  But the quantitative difference exists and one should not forget that the entire wave is in the sea but the entire sea is not in the wave".  This is stated as a message for the sake of ordinary soul.  These Advaita Scholars filter all the differentiating points and finally get the common point filtered down into the beaker as the filtrate.  The differentiating points are the residue on the filter paper and the filtered common point is in the downward beaker.  They see only the beaker but not the filter paper.  Therefore, the whole spiritual path is twisted and confused almost all the human beings.

          Seeing this situation the same Sankara came as Ramanuja and Madhva and clearly differentiated the super self from the self.  Some devotees have come out of this illusion but several people are still lingering there only due to their unreasonable and unimaginable ambition for the fruit.  Unless this basic concept is realized, all the stages of the spiritual effort cannot be healthy.  The poison injected in the foundation has spread all over the upstairs of the construction.  Your question has already assumed that self is super self.  You have no doubt about that basic concept.  Nobody likes to touch that basic concept.  If that basic concept is analysed the entire castle of their ambition will collapse.  They cannot tolerate to loose the highest fruit, which was captured by them by the easiest way of self-realization.  Now for such self-realization, you are asking whether the meditation or the study of scriptures is the path.  When the goal itself is absent what is the use of the path?  It is something like asking whether one should pass eighth standard or ninth standard to become the district collector.  Neither of these two standards can give you the post.  By passing those two standards one can get the post of a peon.  One has to pass the I.A.S. Examination for which he is eligible after passing degree examination, which is far from both those standards.  These advaita scholars argue that the peon is the collector.  They do not accept the existence of any higher post other than the peon.

          The reason for this basic misunderstanding is the word "Brahman".  As per Sanskrit grammar this word comes from the root "Bruhi-Vruddhau", which means that the root meaning of this word is greatness.  Anything that is great can be called as Brahman.  The soul is the most precious and greatest item of the creation and is called as Para Prakruti, which means the greatest of all the created items.  The soul is included as a part of the creation (Prakruti) and is called as Para Prakruti as said in Gita (Prakritim Viddhi me paraam….).  It is not Creator.  If it is Creator it cannot be called as Prakruti.  It is only the modification of food during evolution as said in Veda (Annat Purushah…).  The same inert energy called as electro magnetic radiation working through a special unknown technology is life.  The materials of the technology are known and the working inert energy is also known.  But the special technology in which it works is not known and therefore, life energy is not synthesized so far.  Only God knows that technology.

          http://mail.yahoo.com