It is what it is

  • jasonjamesmorgan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6 7:34 PM
      Hello,

      I thought I would share some words. In context of the (in my
      personal opinion) delusional and seemingly condesending, arrogent
      remarks of some non-dualists. Dropping all concepts is a concept in
      and of itself.

      Namaste
      Om Namah Shivaya
      Jason James Morgan

      Page 448-449 "Sri Ramakrishna and His Divine Play" By Swami
      Saradananda

      "The Master used to say: 'One who is a true nondualist becomes
      silent. Nonduality is not a subject for discussion. As soon as a
      person tries to talk about it or explain it, the knowledge of duality
      creeps in. When there is thought or imagination, there is duality
      within the mind, and one has not yet attained nondual knowledge. In
      this world only Brahman, or the Nirguna aspect of the Divine Mother,
      has not been defiled [like food that has been touched be the
      toungue].' In other words, no one has ever been able to say what
      Brahman is. Human language is inadequate for expressing it: Nirguna
      Brahman is beyond the mind and the intellect. How can It be spoken
      of or explained in words? When he referred to the nondual Truth, the
      Master said repeatedly, 'Look, that is the last word in spiritual
      attainment.' It is clear that, as the Master said: 'As long as there
      are ideas of 'I and you,' 'speaking and listening,' and other
      activities, one must accept in practice both aspects of Brahman -
      Nirguna and Saguna, nitya [the Absolute] and lila [the Relative].
      You are thus for all practical purposes a qualified nondualist,
      although you may talk about nondualism.' ..."

      Page 361 "Sri Ramakrishna and His Divine Play" By Swami Saradananda

      "Know that nonduality is the last word in realization. It is
      beyond the mind and speech, and a matter of experience."
      "Only the states up to qualified nondualism can be understood
      through the mind and intellect and expressed in words. There the
      Absolute and Relative both are equally real. The Lord Himself, His
      name, and His abode - all are pure consciousness."
      "Duality is meant for ordinary human beings who are attached
      to sense objects. An excellent practice for them is to chant the
      Lord's name loudly according to the Narada Pancharatra."