Re: An Indian Story

  • Nina
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2005
      medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      (snip)
      > The grandson thought about it for a
      > minute and then asked his grandfather which wolf
      > would win. The old Cherokee simply replied,
      > "The one you feed."

      Watching 'What the Bleep...' last night,
      the discussion of how (quantumly) thoughts
      shape matter prompted me to contemplate
      how our collective thoughts may shape the
      world. Thinking of concepts such as 'global
      warming', I wondered at how some people
      seem to seek out and claim proof to these
      concepts on a frequent basis. "Oh, it used
      to snow here more in the winter, that's
      global warming." This seems to be faulty
      anecdotal thinking that favors one line of
      politicized science over another. Consider
      the suggestion that thoughts shape matter -
      could such thoughts on a collective basis
      actually be contributing to global warming?
      Consider this potential in the realm of
      other concepts, such as 'the dumbing down
      of youth', 'increasing incidence of terrorism',
      'violence in schools', 'materialism', etc.

      Nina
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7, 2005
        <murrkis@y...> wrote:
        > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > (snip)
        > > The grandson thought about it for a
        > > minute and then asked his grandfather which wolf
        > > would win. The old Cherokee simply replied,
        > > "The one you feed."
        >
        > Watching 'What the Bleep...' last night,
        > the discussion of how (quantumly) thoughts
        > shape matter prompted me to contemplate
        > how our collective thoughts may shape the
        > world. Thinking of concepts such as 'global
        > warming', I wondered at how some people
        > seem to seek out and claim proof to these
        > concepts on a frequent basis. "Oh, it used
        > to snow here more in the winter, that's
        > global warming." This seems to be faulty
        > anecdotal thinking that favors one line of
        > politicized science over another. Consider
        > the suggestion that thoughts shape matter -
        > could such thoughts on a collective basis
        > actually be contributing to global warming?
        > Consider this potential in the realm of
        > other concepts, such as 'the dumbing down
        > of youth', 'increasing incidence of terrorism',
        > 'violence in schools', 'materialism', etc.
        >
        > Nina

        Yo Sri Ninaji,
        Your thoughts have created some interesting
        other matters...I had not heard about this movie,
        and when I checked out the web site about it,
        http://www.whatthebleep.com/ I found that it's
        quite a big deal, even including Deepak Chopra
        being involved. I also saw that it isn't being shown
        here in Pennsylvania, so I'll probably have to get
        ahold of the DVD to see it. Is this movie as amazingly
        good as the site makes it seem? I also just received
        an email about What the Bleep Conferences that are
        being held and it mentions that there are over 1600
        hours of talk about it available on 51 channels that
        I assume are a type of "pay per view". I guess this
        makes the movie "The Next Big Thing".
        So, from what you posted and where I now think the
        movie is coming from, I have begun to wonder if all
        this is just matter that Nina's thoughts have created?:-)
      • Diana Woods
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 8, 2005

          I saw the movie twice in Washington, D.C. and now have a copy of the DVD. This is a beautiful film I will see again and again and share with friends. I also have a small book version of many of the film's comments. I highly recommend it. Indeed, make every effort to see it...

          <murrkis@y...> wrote:
          > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > (snip)
          > >  The grandson thought about it for a
          > > minute and then asked his grandfather which wolf
          > > would win. The old Cherokee simply replied,
          > > "The one you feed."
          >
          > Watching 'What the Bleep...' last night,
          > the discussion of how (quantumly) thoughts
          > shape matter prompted me to contemplate
          > how our collective thoughts may shape the
          > world. Thinking of concepts such as 'global
          > warming', I wondered at how some people
          > seem to seek out and claim proof to these
          > concepts on a frequent basis. "Oh, it used
          > to snow here more in the winter, that's
          > global warming." This seems to be faulty
          > anecdotal thinking that favors one line of
          > politicized science over another. Consider
          > the suggestion that thoughts shape matter -
          > could such thoughts on a collective basis
          > actually be contributing to global warming?
          > Consider this potential in the realm of
          > other concepts, such as 'the dumbing down
          > of youth', 'increasing incidence of terrorism',
          > 'violence in schools', 'materialism', etc.
          >
          > Nina

          Yo Sri Ninaji,
          Your thoughts have created some interesting
          other matters...I had not heard about this movie,
          and when I checked out the web site about it,
          http://www.whatthebleep.com/ I found that it's
          quite a big deal, even including Deepak Chopra
          being involved. I also saw that it isn't being shown
          here in Pennsylvania, so I'll probably have to get
          ahold of the DVD to see it. Is this movie as amazingly
          good as the site makes it seem? I also just received
          an email about What the Bleep Conferences that are
          being held and it mentions that there are over 1600
          hours of talk about it available on 51 channels that
          I assume are a type of "pay per view". I guess this
          makes the movie "The Next Big Thing".
          So, from what you posted and where I now think the
          movie is coming from, I have begun to wonder if all
          this is just matter that Nina's thoughts have created?:-)

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Nina
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 8, 2005
            > > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > (snip)
            > > > The grandson thought about it for a
            > > > minute and then asked his grandfather which wolf
            > > > would win. The old Cherokee simply replied,
            > > > "The one you feed."
            > >
            > > Watching 'What the Bleep...' last night,
            > > the discussion of how (quantumly) thoughts
            > > shape matter prompted me to contemplate
            > > how our collective thoughts may shape the
            > > world. Thinking of concepts such as 'global
            > > warming', I wondered at how some people
            > > seem to seek out and claim proof to these
            > > concepts on a frequent basis. "Oh, it used
            > > to snow here more in the winter, that's
            > > global warming." This seems to be faulty
            > > anecdotal thinking that favors one line of
            > > politicized science over another. Consider
            > > the suggestion that thoughts shape matter -
            > > could such thoughts on a collective basis
            > > actually be contributing to global warming?
            > > Consider this potential in the realm of
            > > other concepts, such as 'the dumbing down
            > > of youth', 'increasing incidence of terrorism',
            > > 'violence in schools', 'materialism', etc.
            > >
            > > Nina
            >
            > Yo Sri Ninaji,
            > Your thoughts have created some interesting
            > other matters...I had not heard about this movie,
            > and when I checked out the web site about it,
            > http://www.whatthebleep.com/ I found that it's
            > quite a big deal, even including Deepak Chopra
            > being involved. I also saw that it isn't being shown
            > here in Pennsylvania, so I'll probably have to get
            > ahold of the DVD to see it. Is this movie as amazingly
            > good as the site makes it seem? I also just received
            > an email about What the Bleep Conferences that are
            > being held and it mentions that there are over 1600
            > hours of talk about it available on 51 channels that
            > I assume are a type of "pay per view". I guess this
            > makes the movie "The Next Big Thing".
            > So, from what you posted and where I now think the
            > movie is coming from, I have begun to wonder if all
            > this is just matter that Nina's thoughts have created?:-)
            > Peace and blessings,
            > Bob

            Hallo, Bob, I'll rarely say something is amazingly
            good, but that's just my personality. So, probably
            the moving is amazingly good. A lot of people around
            here have really enjoyed it. I enjoyed it. I hadn't
            realized that so much was going on around it. It's
            well worth getting your hands on the DVD.

            Don't get me paranoid about my thoughts, eh. :)

            Bees and pressings,
            Nina