HOW DOES TRANSMISSION WORK ?

  • subhash naik
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6 2:11 AM
      The worthy trainer by the power of yogic transmission weakens the lower
      tendencies in the mind of trainee and sows the seed of Divine Light in the
      innermost core of his heart. In this process the trainer uses his will-force which
      has divine infinite at his back. The trainee may not feel anything in the
      beginning. The reason is that he is accustomed to feel only through the
      senses. After sometime, however, he may feel the results of such
      transmission, which also are in the form of subtle changes of the working of
      his vital parts and tendencies of his mind.

      If I may be permitted a short reference to the Upanishads particularly the
      Kena Upanishad, a student asks his teacher by what does the eye see? By
      what does the nose smell? By what does the ear hear? And so on, and the
      teacher replies that it is not the eye that sees, but the eye of the eye. Similarly
      what hears is the ear of the ear, and what speaks is not the mouth but
      something behind the mouth, the real speaker. The Rishi goes on to add that
      life itself lives only by the existence of the higher life which it contains and this
      is called the pranasya prana or the life of life. My Master has maintained that
      while the body lives by the soul, the soul must in turn have that by which it
      exists, and this is the ultimate life force or pranasakthi.

      We have this brilliant idea in Sahaj Marg that the body lives by the soul, and
      the soul can go through time, as we understand it, on its journey to the
      ultimate. It lives by transmission. Therefore, transmission is called 'life of life'.
      And transmission has nothing to do with space and time.

      The body lives and grows at the physical level, and so sustains itself on
      physical foods. The soul, being spiritual in nature, needs food of that plane.
      Master feeds abhyasis with his spiritual transmission and nourishes them.
      Master calls transmission as 'spiritual food.'

      The body lives by the soul. The soul lives by transmission which we can think
      of as the essence of Divinity. In Sanskrit it is called pranasya prana which
      means the soul of the soul. Really speaking, without transmission the soul is
      like a dead thing. The very first transmission makes the soul alive. It is the
      touch of Divinity itself.

      In our transmission under the Sahaj Marg system, it is this that is transmitted
      into the heart of the student of yoga by the divine power associated with my
      Master, and which power it has been possible for him to endow upon the
      preceptors, as they are called, who are vested with the responsibility of
      offering such transmission to students who come to them. This transmission is
      something which must be felt and which can be felt. You will agree that all life
      is transmission. In every action that we perform, or by which we receive, an
      act of transmission is involved, but in the transmission of Sahaj Marg it is the
      highest gift of life's life itself, and it is this that sets the Sahaj Marg system of
      Raja Yoga apart from other extant systems of yoga.

      Our Grand Master, Samarth Guru Shri Ram Chandraji of Fatehgarh
      rediscovered the capacity for the transmission of yogic or life energy from his
      own centre of existence into the centre of existence of another individual. This
      art he has passed on to his disciple, my Master, who has perfected it. This
      transmission is something which is capable of being felt by anybody who
      takes the trouble of practicing this system for a brief period. In fact it is the
      transmission which sets Sahaj Marg apart from other yogas, and from all other
      systems of human evolution. My Master says that when the transmission is
      made with a force higher than himself, and therefore his evolution or progress
      becomes not only very much speedier but also becomes, in a sense,
      independent of his own capacity for progress. Therefore, the present
      condition of the individual has no bearing on what he sets out to be, and at
      one stroke all differences of present human situation are eradicated, because
      of the possibility of this transmission existing today.

      As a matter of fact what pranahuti does for the spiritual uplift of the abhyasi in
      the shortest possible time, independent efforts cannot do even in a full
      decade. Serious difficulties often arise when meditation is practiced
      independently in accordance with the old methods prescribed in books.
      Under the old system of abhyas, one has to keep on struggling with the mind
      in order to stop its unceasing activities. The struggle continues all the time
      without any success in the real sense. Thus practically there is no meditation
      at all, and all the time is lost in mere struggling and suppressing mental
      modifications. In order to overcome this very great difficulty, under the Sahaj
      Marg system we simply connect ourselves with the power of the Master
      whose mind has become thoroughly disciplined and regulated. His power
      then begins to flow into the individual regulating his mental tendencies.

      What Master transmits is His own spiritual energy which he has got access to
      by virtue of his own yogic accomplishment under his own Master. It has been
      rediscovered that one human being can transmit to another this energy which
      is not limited in any way just because it comes from a human, but is really
      unlimited, because by virtue of its real nature, it is connected with the ultimate
      source of all energy. Therefore this transmission has no boundaries, it has no
      limits, there is no end to the amount of transmission that can take place or if
      you like, the quantum of transmission that can take place. It is therefore
      possible to transmit to one, or to a hundred, or to millions, there is no limit.
      Also he can transmit here or he can transmit to a person wherever he is.

      By this transmission, the Master is able to put into our hearts his own energy.
      That is, now we have the possibility of growing by someone else's energy
      which is put into us. We are helped with a crutch. Instead of being dependent
      on ourselves, we have now become dependent on Him. Because He gives
      that food for the soul which we need to quickly develop, quickly develop
      beyond what we believe to be the possibility for human beings hitherto,
      precisely because he is able to put his wealth into us.

      It erases by his power all past impressions of good, impressions of bad, it
      does not matter which. Because impressions condition our behaviour,
      impressions condition our existence. In that sense the past is a burden on us.
      Every day, we are adding more impressions and, therefore, we are increasing
      the burdens on ourselves. Every day that lapses is one more day in the past.
      Thus we are adding to our burdens instead of decreasing them. My Master is
      able to decrease this, and often eradicate it completely, by his own power
      whereby he removes all impressions of the past from the mind. It is a
      liberation from the past assisted by his own transmission which infuses us,
      with his spiritual energy for our own growth and, therefore, the possibility of
      our development has no limits.

      Master said, "It is the utilization of the Divine energy for the transformation of
      man." But there are cases where even the transmission is reflected back from
      the man who comes to take the transmission. It is as if it cannot penetrate. So,
      the important thing even prior to receiving the transmission seems to be the
      need to accept the Master. One who does not accept the Master does not
      seem capable of receiving the very transmission which is designed to
      transform him. And when does this acceptance of the Master begin? When we
      see him, when we move with Him, when we are associated with Him, we grow
      to love Him, to cherish Him, to adore Him, and the desire comes, to be like
      Him.

      Master used to call the transmission as 'Forceless force', which I say is only
      his love for us because He was only transmitting love. It is not a force; it is not
      anything else. I prefer to believe and have reason to believe that it is His love
      which was being poured into our hearts which we call the transmission, which
      we call Pranahuti. Being forceless, it will act, not only over infinite distances to
      the very borders of infinity but also through eternity of time. Love alone can
      act, breaking the barriers of space and time. No other force exists which can
      do it.
      The Master and his transmission, I believe, are the same thing. Because I
      asked him once, "What really happens when you transmit? Suppose you
      transmit to me, you are at Shahjahanpur and I am at Madras, what exactly
      happens?" He said, "My sukshma (subtle) self travels to you". Now look at this
      miracle, you see. If anything proves his Divinity it was this fact of transmission
      flowing anywhere at anytime, without limitation.
      BY MY MASTER P.RAJAGOPALACHARI. HE IS THE PRESIDENT OF SHRI
      RAM CHANDRA MISSION, CHENNAI INDIA
    • Shakeel Murad
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6 8:15 AM
        Dear Subhash
        When my master's subtle self is in front
        of me,can i see him with my open eyes?
        Thanks
        With Love
        Dr.Shakeel
        Murad

        --- subhash naik <sbhshnaik@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > does not matter which. Because impressions condition
        > our behaviour,
        > impressions condition our existence. In that sense
        > the past is a burden on us.
        > Every day, we are adding more impressions and,
        > therefore, we are increasing
        > the burdens on ourselves. Every day that lapses is
        > one more day in the past.
        > Thus we are adding to our burdens instead of
        > decreasing them. My Master is
        > able to decrease this, and often eradicate it
        > completely, by his own power
        > whereby he removes all impressions of the past from
        > the mind. It is a
        > liberation from the past assisted by his own
        > transmission which infuses us,
        > with his spiritual energy for our own growth and,
        > therefore, the possibility of
        > our development has no limits.
        >
        > Master said, "It is the utilization of the Divine

        === message truncated ===

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • subhash naik
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 11 2:17 AM
          --- Shakeel Murad <doctor_shakeel@...> wrote:
          Dear Dr.Shakeel,
          NO you can experience it. Here I am giving you
          another article about transmission please go through.
          Regards.

          Do We Feel Transmission?

          We never feel the transmission. We feel the effect of
          the transmission. Because the transmission always goes
          into the heart, but the effect can be felt anywhere.
          Like we eat here, but we feel the food in the stomach,
          and if people have acidity they feel the pain - here.
          So what happens is, that like electricity, if there is
          a bulb - you see a light; if there is a fan - you see
          it turning the air; if there is some motor - it is
          turning. So we should not confuse the transmission
          with its effect. The effect can be anywhere. It should
          change from point to point.

          Transmission comes only after cleaning. Transmission
          without cleaning can actually damage a person. So
          transmission is always done only after sufficient
          cleaning has been done. That is why we give these
          introductory three sittings which are devoted solely
          to cleaning. No transmission at all.

          All the lightness that you feel during a sitting is
          not due to transmission at all, it is due to cleaning.
          Cleaning gives you lightness. Transmission, when you
          are light, gives you the feeling of going deep into
          the meditation. Transmission, when it is gross,
          produces vibrations, all these funny things, you see.
          The subtler it is, the more you must feel that there
          has been nothing happening in the meditation. But
          after the sitting is over you feel the difference.

          Transmission cannot give stress. You see, when the
          system is clean, you have a state of thoughtlessness,
          or of near thoughtlessness. Thoughtlessness is not a
          spiritual condition, it is condition where your inside
          is evacuated of all grossness, almost all grossness,
          so that there is no thought to come up from inside,
          you see. Now you can receive thoughts from outside,
          you are pure now. It can be divine thought, it can be
          Master's instructions. They come from outside. Now
          they are no longer your thoughts. They cannot disturb
          you. In that condition, when you receive a
          transmission, you are able to plunge - straight, you
          see.

          Transmission is defined as 'pranasya prana' - Life of
          life. Now that which was a mere mechanical 'I' before,
          becomes a real living 'I'. I think that is one of the
          reasons why, sometimes in abhyasis, we find more
          egoism after they have become abhyasis than they were
          before they started sadhana. When the sleeping 'I'
          becomes the waking 'I', one would assume more
          justifiably, that it is more aware of itself, and that
          is what egoism is - to be more aware of the self.
          Therefore, the day we first receive our transmission
          and Master makes us come alive to the real existence,
          in the life in life, that should also be the moment
          when we should surrender that life to Him and the new
          life that has come to us doesn't belong to us because
          He has made it. He has given us life. So it is His.

          Our life began actually, effectively in a very true
          sense, on the day we received our first transmission
          at the hands of our Master. So it is in a sense our
          birthday that we are celebrating. When we are here on
          the Master's birthday and we remember the Master in a
          special way on this day, it is our birthday we are
          remembering, it is an offering of our gratitude, our
          love - "Master, you made me alive on this day. I am
          eternally grateful to you for putting me alive, when I
          was just an automaton which was running around on
          wheels, run by an internal motor, which I called
          foolishly 'my heart'. You made that heart come alive,
          by coming into the heart and becoming the heart of my
          heart. You made my life come alive, by becoming the
          life of my life. You gave meaning to my existence, by
          giving me a purpose."

          "A Master makes perfect,
          that which Nature gave in raw material form."
          ***
          "Developing attachment for the Master is
          the unfailing remedy to bring about worldly
          detachment."
          ***
          "Every time we praise our Master,
          we are really insulting Him,
          because He is beyond praise and slander."
          ***
          "The Master may be surrounded by a thousand people.
          We must be attached to Him and not to ourselves."
          ***
          "Master is one who brings out
          the potentials in you and actualizes it."
          ***
          "We have to seek the services of the Guide.
          And one who knows the road alone can guide us."

          __________________________________
          Yahoo! Mail
        • Shakeel Murad
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 11 9:46 AM
            Dear Subhash,
            Thanks for your reply.Some deciples have
            told me that they have met their gurus{masters}
            physically after the death of their gurus.How it
            happens or is it possible?
            Waiting for your reply
            With love
            Dr.Shakeel