An Indian Story

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2005
      This story was found posted on KnifeForums:

      An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life.

      "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.
      It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves.
      One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed,
      arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority,
      lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.
      The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope,
      serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy,
      generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. This same fight
      is going on inside you - and inside every other
      person, too."
      The grandson thought about it for a
      minute and then asked his grandfather which wolf
      would win. The old Cherokee simply replied,
      "The one you feed."
    • Nina
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6, 2005
        medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        (snip)
        > The grandson thought about it for a
        > minute and then asked his grandfather which wolf
        > would win. The old Cherokee simply replied,
        > "The one you feed."

        Watching 'What the Bleep...' last night,
        the discussion of how (quantumly) thoughts
        shape matter prompted me to contemplate
        how our collective thoughts may shape the
        world. Thinking of concepts such as 'global
        warming', I wondered at how some people
        seem to seek out and claim proof to these
        concepts on a frequent basis. "Oh, it used
        to snow here more in the winter, that's
        global warming." This seems to be faulty
        anecdotal thinking that favors one line of
        politicized science over another. Consider
        the suggestion that thoughts shape matter -
        could such thoughts on a collective basis
        actually be contributing to global warming?
        Consider this potential in the realm of
        other concepts, such as 'the dumbing down
        of youth', 'increasing incidence of terrorism',
        'violence in schools', 'materialism', etc.

        Nina
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 7, 2005
          <murrkis@y...> wrote:
          > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > (snip)
          > > The grandson thought about it for a
          > > minute and then asked his grandfather which wolf
          > > would win. The old Cherokee simply replied,
          > > "The one you feed."
          >
          > Watching 'What the Bleep...' last night,
          > the discussion of how (quantumly) thoughts
          > shape matter prompted me to contemplate
          > how our collective thoughts may shape the
          > world. Thinking of concepts such as 'global
          > warming', I wondered at how some people
          > seem to seek out and claim proof to these
          > concepts on a frequent basis. "Oh, it used
          > to snow here more in the winter, that's
          > global warming." This seems to be faulty
          > anecdotal thinking that favors one line of
          > politicized science over another. Consider
          > the suggestion that thoughts shape matter -
          > could such thoughts on a collective basis
          > actually be contributing to global warming?
          > Consider this potential in the realm of
          > other concepts, such as 'the dumbing down
          > of youth', 'increasing incidence of terrorism',
          > 'violence in schools', 'materialism', etc.
          >
          > Nina

          Yo Sri Ninaji,
          Your thoughts have created some interesting
          other matters...I had not heard about this movie,
          and when I checked out the web site about it,
          http://www.whatthebleep.com/ I found that it's
          quite a big deal, even including Deepak Chopra
          being involved. I also saw that it isn't being shown
          here in Pennsylvania, so I'll probably have to get
          ahold of the DVD to see it. Is this movie as amazingly
          good as the site makes it seem? I also just received
          an email about What the Bleep Conferences that are
          being held and it mentions that there are over 1600
          hours of talk about it available on 51 channels that
          I assume are a type of "pay per view". I guess this
          makes the movie "The Next Big Thing".
          So, from what you posted and where I now think the
          movie is coming from, I have begun to wonder if all
          this is just matter that Nina's thoughts have created?:-)
        • Diana Woods
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 8, 2005

            I saw the movie twice in Washington, D.C. and now have a copy of the DVD. This is a beautiful film I will see again and again and share with friends. I also have a small book version of many of the film's comments. I highly recommend it. Indeed, make every effort to see it...

            <murrkis@y...> wrote:
            > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > (snip)
            > >  The grandson thought about it for a
            > > minute and then asked his grandfather which wolf
            > > would win. The old Cherokee simply replied,
            > > "The one you feed."
            >
            > Watching 'What the Bleep...' last night,
            > the discussion of how (quantumly) thoughts
            > shape matter prompted me to contemplate
            > how our collective thoughts may shape the
            > world. Thinking of concepts such as 'global
            > warming', I wondered at how some people
            > seem to seek out and claim proof to these
            > concepts on a frequent basis. "Oh, it used
            > to snow here more in the winter, that's
            > global warming." This seems to be faulty
            > anecdotal thinking that favors one line of
            > politicized science over another. Consider
            > the suggestion that thoughts shape matter -
            > could such thoughts on a collective basis
            > actually be contributing to global warming?
            > Consider this potential in the realm of
            > other concepts, such as 'the dumbing down
            > of youth', 'increasing incidence of terrorism',
            > 'violence in schools', 'materialism', etc.
            >
            > Nina

            Yo Sri Ninaji,
            Your thoughts have created some interesting
            other matters...I had not heard about this movie,
            and when I checked out the web site about it,
            http://www.whatthebleep.com/ I found that it's
            quite a big deal, even including Deepak Chopra
            being involved. I also saw that it isn't being shown
            here in Pennsylvania, so I'll probably have to get
            ahold of the DVD to see it. Is this movie as amazingly
            good as the site makes it seem? I also just received
            an email about What the Bleep Conferences that are
            being held and it mentions that there are over 1600
            hours of talk about it available on 51 channels that
            I assume are a type of "pay per view". I guess this
            makes the movie "The Next Big Thing".
            So, from what you posted and where I now think the
            movie is coming from, I have begun to wonder if all
            this is just matter that Nina's thoughts have created?:-)

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Nina
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 8, 2005
              > > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > > (snip)
              > > > The grandson thought about it for a
              > > > minute and then asked his grandfather which wolf
              > > > would win. The old Cherokee simply replied,
              > > > "The one you feed."
              > >
              > > Watching 'What the Bleep...' last night,
              > > the discussion of how (quantumly) thoughts
              > > shape matter prompted me to contemplate
              > > how our collective thoughts may shape the
              > > world. Thinking of concepts such as 'global
              > > warming', I wondered at how some people
              > > seem to seek out and claim proof to these
              > > concepts on a frequent basis. "Oh, it used
              > > to snow here more in the winter, that's
              > > global warming." This seems to be faulty
              > > anecdotal thinking that favors one line of
              > > politicized science over another. Consider
              > > the suggestion that thoughts shape matter -
              > > could such thoughts on a collective basis
              > > actually be contributing to global warming?
              > > Consider this potential in the realm of
              > > other concepts, such as 'the dumbing down
              > > of youth', 'increasing incidence of terrorism',
              > > 'violence in schools', 'materialism', etc.
              > >
              > > Nina
              >
              > Yo Sri Ninaji,
              > Your thoughts have created some interesting
              > other matters...I had not heard about this movie,
              > and when I checked out the web site about it,
              > http://www.whatthebleep.com/ I found that it's
              > quite a big deal, even including Deepak Chopra
              > being involved. I also saw that it isn't being shown
              > here in Pennsylvania, so I'll probably have to get
              > ahold of the DVD to see it. Is this movie as amazingly
              > good as the site makes it seem? I also just received
              > an email about What the Bleep Conferences that are
              > being held and it mentions that there are over 1600
              > hours of talk about it available on 51 channels that
              > I assume are a type of "pay per view". I guess this
              > makes the movie "The Next Big Thing".
              > So, from what you posted and where I now think the
              > movie is coming from, I have begun to wonder if all
              > this is just matter that Nina's thoughts have created?:-)
              > Peace and blessings,
              > Bob

              Hallo, Bob, I'll rarely say something is amazingly
              good, but that's just my personality. So, probably
              the moving is amazingly good. A lot of people around
              here have really enjoyed it. I enjoyed it. I hadn't
              realized that so much was going on around it. It's
              well worth getting your hands on the DVD.

              Don't get me paranoid about my thoughts, eh. :)

              Bees and pressings,
              Nina