Re: [Meditation Society of America] Unselfish Love

  • Sandeep
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 3, 2005

      A prevailing hint of a sense of distinction.............aka the relative in contrast to the Absolute........

      ......lo- behold the entity and the co-dependent world of that entity, teeming with concepts.

      No........... I do not pity you or sympathise with you or laugh at you ..

      Nor do I just dump you in my nothingness.

      There is neither my nothingness, ..........nor a you to be dumped.

      There is only the infinite nuances of this moment, ............one of which happenes to be this dialogue.....happening between two apparently separated and discrete biological objects.

      Two manifest conditioned biological objects,.......... as images........which themselves are nuances of the same moment.

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 3, 2005
        It's difficult to disagree & also to empathise.

        Amin.

        --- Sandeep <sandeep1960@...> wrote:

        > A prevailing hint of a sense of
        > distinction.............aka the relative in contrast
        > to the Absolute........
        >
        > ......lo- behold the entity and the co-dependent
        > world of that entity, teeming with concepts.
        >

        > No........... I do not pity you or sympathise with
        > you or laugh at you ..
        >
        > Nor do I just dump you in my nothingness.
        >
        > There is neither my nothingness, ..........nor a you
        > to be dumped.
        >
        > There is only the infinite nuances of this moment,
        > ............one of which happenes to be this
        > dialogue.....happening between two apparently
        > separated and discrete biological objects.
        >
        > Two manifest conditioned biological
        > objects,.......... as images........which themselves
        > are nuances of the same moment.

        May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.

      • prakki surya
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 4, 2005

          dear friends

          Everybody aspires the highest fruit through the easiest way.  The easiest way is the path of knowledge, which does not require any sacrifice.  The highest fruit is to become the very Lord right now from this moment onwards.  They like the preacher to say that they should just come out of their house to receive a heap of infinite treasure lying down before the doors.   Anybody will be happiest to receive the news that, he has become eligible to join the post of district collector in whatever stage of his study to the I.A.S. Examination he is present.  The post is offered to the fresh student who just joined the I.A.S. Course and also to the student who passed the I.A.S. Examination.  Both are equally eligible now itself to join the same post.  If the preacher says that already both have joined the post and that they have forgotten this truth, now all the effort is only to recognize that they are the district collectors.  This gives the idea that there is no need of any future effort.  This is the mis-interpreted philosophy of monoism (Advaita) of Sankara.

          Every body is very much attracted to this path.  The influence of this path is so much that no body is coming out of this illusion.  It is so sweet that they are unable to leave this state.  The basic mis-concept is to think that the self is the super-self.  Self is any living being in this world.  Super self is the Lord.  They just find one common point i.e., the pure awareness (Chit) exists in both.  The Prime Minister and his peon have several common points like pure awareness, similar form of external human body etc. Both eat and sleep similarly.  Both are married and both have children.  Because of these common points can you treat the Prime Minister and His peon as one and the same?  Based on one common point i.e., pure awareness, how can you say that self is super-self?  Veda says that by the order of the Lord, the Sun is shining.  In summer due to sunstroke a human being is killed.  Let the Advaita scholar stand against the sunstroke and order the Sun not to kill him.

          When the disciples of Sankara thought that they are also the Lord, Sankara swallowed the molten lead and asked the disciples to do the same.  Then they fell on the feet of Sankara.  Then Sankara told "Shivah Kevaloham", which means that only He is Shiva.  The word Kevala (only) is important here.  Sankara while taking bath in the ocean at Puri told "Oh! Lord! Though the qualitative identity is in between us, the quantitative difference exists.  The water is common in both the sea and the wave like the pure awareness in the soul and super soul.  But the quantitative difference exists and one should not forget that the entire wave is in the sea but the entire sea is not in the wave".  This is stated as a message for the sake of ordinary soul.  These Advaita Scholars filter all the differentiating points and finally get the common point filtered down into the beaker as the filtrate.  The differentiating points are the residue on the filter paper and the filtered common point is in the downward beaker.  They see only the beaker but not the filter paper.  Therefore, the whole spiritual path is twisted and confused almost all the human beings.

          Seeing this situation the same Sankara came as Ramanuja and Madhva and clearly differentiated the super self from the self.  Some devotees have come out of this illusion but several people are still lingering there only due to their unreasonable and unimaginable ambition for the fruit.  Unless this basic concept is realized, all the stages of the spiritual effort cannot be healthy.  The poison injected in the foundation has spread all over the upstairs of the construction.  Your question has already assumed that self is super self.  You have no doubt about that basic concept.  Nobody likes to touch that basic concept.  If that basic concept is analysed the entire castle of their ambition will collapse.  They cannot tolerate to loose the highest fruit, which was captured by them by the easiest way of self-realization.  Now for such self-realization, you are asking whether the meditation or the study of scriptures is the path.  When the goal itself is absent what is the use of the path?  It is something like asking whether one should pass eighth standard or ninth standard to become the district collector.  Neither of these two standards can give you the post.  By passing those two standards one can get the post of a peon.  One has to pass the I.A.S. Examination for which he is eligible after passing degree examination, which is far from both those standards.  These advaita scholars argue that the peon is the collector.  They do not accept the existence of any higher post other than the peon.

          The reason for this basic misunderstanding is the word "Brahman".  As per Sanskrit grammar this word comes from the root "Bruhi-Vruddhau", which means that the root meaning of this word is greatness.  Anything that is great can be called as Brahman.  The soul is the most precious and greatest item of the creation and is called as Para Prakruti, which means the greatest of all the created items.  The soul is included as a part of the creation (Prakruti) and is called as Para Prakruti as said in Gita (Prakritim Viddhi me paraamÂ….).  It is not Creator.  If it is Creator it cannot be called as Prakruti.  It is only the modification of food during evolution as said in Veda (Annat PurushahÂ…).  The same inert energy called as electro magnetic radiation working through a special unknown technology is life.  The materials of the technology are known and the working inert energy is also known.  But the special technology in which it works is not known and therefore, life energy is not synthesized so far.  Only God knows that technology.

          at the lotus feet of shri datta swami

          surya

          --- Sandeep <sandeep1960@...> wrote:

          > Hi RM,

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • blueoceantiger
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 4, 2005
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Rushikant Mehta
            <rushi_kant@y...> wrote:
            > It's difficult to disagree & also to empathise.
            >
            > Amin.

            --respectfully, it is entirely possible to have
            empathy for the suffering of someone and at the
            same time not buy into the actions or views that
            support the pain. some who come to see me are in
            great turmoil due to their religious beliefs or
            their addictions, which in their minds limit
            their options. when one understands what has led
            a person to where they are, it is entirely possible
            to empathize without condoning behaviour.

            > --- Sandeep <sandeep1960@y...> wrote:
            >

            > > A prevailing hint of a sense of
            > > distinction.............aka the relative in contrast
            > > to the Absolute........
            > >
            > > ......lo- behold the entity and the co-dependent
            > > world of that entity, teeming with concepts.
            > >

            > > No........... I do not pity you or sympathise with
            > > you or laugh at you ..
            > >
            > > Nor do I just dump you in my nothingness.
            > >
            > > There is neither my nothingness, ..........nor a you
            > > to be dumped.
            > >
            > > There is only the infinite nuances of this moment,
            > > ............one of which happenes to be this
            > > dialogue.....happening between two apparently
            > > separated and discrete biological objects.
            > >
            > > Two manifest conditioned biological
            > > objects,.......... as images........which themselves
            > > are nuances of the same moment.

            http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
          • jasonjamesmorgan
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 6, 2005
              Hello,

              Thank you all for the responses.

              So... Of all the groups, people, centres, etc, I seem to come across
              a distinct difference in the interactions of nothingness as
              nothingness.

              Namely, compassion. Many non-dual types, seem to me to arrogent and
              condesending. They seem to laugh at human suffering. They
              say, "Hey, non-duality is so simple, just drop everything" If it was
              that easy for many humans, would they not all awaken in a flash?
              Many of these types dont realize that dropping all concepts, is a
              concept in and of itself. Just another thorn, to remove the thorn of
              ignorance.

              Than we have what I call real enlightend beings. Those that have
              realized, and yet sympathize with those who have not. These types
              dont seem to hide their heads under the sand like and osterach.
              These dont see nothing wrong with leading someone to non-duality.
              Unlike the former who will just say "what pain? what ego? what
              seperation? You are delusional, your pain is irrelivant to me?".

              So I wonder about this. Ramana would say this is just parabdha. The
              enlightend ones, will just let the body go like a runaway train. The
              avatar will take control of the train, in full realization, and help
              humanity.

              Does anyone see this difference? Was not compassion, empathy, the
              traits of all true realized masters. Jesus, Guatama, Ramana,
              Ramakrishna etc. etc.

              It seems to me these two distinctions are like this. Both are
              realized.
              1. The being, refuses to speak of duality, tries to be non-dual.
              But dont realize that non-duality is beyond words. They dont
              identify with their own egos, so how could they possibly feel others
              pain.
              These people seem scared. Scared that using their ego in a
              benovelent manner, will drag them back into ignorance.

              2. The being, who acts in accordance with qualified non-dualism.
              They do not identify with their ego, but they are not scarred to use
              the ego. They see the suffering of others, and empathize. They are
              love, and they use the ego to express it.

              So, I feel blessed to have such good teachers, who have explained
              three things to me.

              1. duality. The first step of spiritual awakeing. The devotee and
              the diety. The relative and the absolute. They strive for something
              higher, not yet knowing that what they strive for is non-duality.

              2. Qualified non-dualism. Realizing our true nature, the awakend
              one, sees that his ego is a part of a universal ego. That their true
              nature is non-dual, but as long as their is awareness of ego, it is
              qualified. Savikalpa samadhi. These realize all is consciousness,
              but are honest eneogh to acknoledge the duality in oneness.

              3. Non-dualism. This is beyond words. It cannot be explained, only
              experienced. It is beyond pure awarenes of ego. It is the
              difference between being sugar and tasting sugar. It is called
              nirvikalpa samadhi. There is no awareness of anything. Not bliss,
              not love, not emptiness, not nothingness, not anything. It is
              neither everything, or no-thing. It is neither, love nor hate. It
              is neither being, or non-being. Even the word non-dual implies the
              opposite of dual. That is why scripture calls it THAT.

              Anyways, thank you for all the responses. I have dealt with these
              two types of people for years. I play with both. But I prefer the
              honest ones. It is what it is. If you are reading this, it is
              qualified non-dualsim. No-thing has an ego. If you did not, you
              would not be reading this.

              So, personally, I feel that compassion is the only teaching/teacher.
              If you cannot identify with the ignorant person, you are of little
              help.

              Namaste
              Om Namah Shivaya
              All love is you, in me.