Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: MEDITATION: A PROPERSTANDING

  • subhash naik
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
      --- vishal pandya <yogivishal@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > > questions:
      > >
      > > 1. As an aspirant, what are you looking for
      > in a spiritual practice?
      > > Is it relaxation, health,
      > > wealth, power, miracles, knowledge, or spiritual
      > evolution within a
      > > balanced life?
      > > 2. What does this particular system of
      > meditation offer you? Is it
      > > offering you the
      > > highest goal that you are seeking?
      > > 3. What is being demanded of you? Are you
      > free to join or drop off
      > > from the system
      > > without any pressure, fear or temptation?
      > Remember that selfless teachers
      > > of spirituality
      > > have never measured spiritual growth monetarily,
      > or in terms of name and
      > > fame. They
      > > have always looked for willingness in an
      > aspirant.
      > > 4. Is this an open system? Do you have
      > access to all the available
      > > literature and to the
      > > spiritual teacher? Are you encouraged to ask
      > questions?
      > > 5. Is it a practical system? Are you
      > expected to read some books and
      > > do it on your own?
      > > Or will you be helped in each and every step of
      > your spiritual journey as
      > > and when
      > > necessary?
      > > 6. Do the practicants in the system look
      > like good examples of their
      > > mode of teaching?
      > > Can you feel peace when you are in the company
      > of the teacher?
      > > 7. Does your conscience, the inner voice
      > within you, permit you to
      > > continue after you
      > > have started the prescribed practice? After a
      > reasonable period of
      > > practice, are you able to
      > > perceive the results that the system promises?
      > >

      > > As a person who was educated in a Christian
      > convent until middle school
      > > and studied
      > > Hinduism to some extent, I had only been aware
      > of fear and temptation as
      > > used by
      > > everyday religion. "If you do this, good things
      > will happen to you." "If
      > > you don't do this,
      > > you will be punished accordingly." Therefore,
      > the above questions were
      > > like crisp, fresh air
      > > and an open invitation to me when I first came
      > across Sahaj Marg
      > > meditation. As I pursued
      > > them through direct experience, I found all the
      > answers I received
      > > satisfactory.
      > >
      > > I learned that Sahaj Marg means "The Natural
      > Path" (from the Hindi
      > > language) because our
      > > evolution towards the Highest should be
      > natural--just like a child who
      > > evolves naturally
      > > into an adult. Other aspirants of Sahaj Marg
      > made me feel welcome with an
      > > openness that
      > > I had never experienced before. During my first
      === message truncated ===

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • prakki surya
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005

        dear friends

        Mostly people love Lord for their desires to be fulfilled. If something goes wrong or if things are out of control then we rush to lord and start prayers etc.  This devotion is like a prostitute loving her customer. If one really loves Lord without any desire, then only Lord will be pleased. When a beggar approaches us, we generally offer him whatever is least useful to us. But, when a relative comes to our house, we provide him with good food, facilities and even ask him to stay for some more time. Why is the difference in our approach? Beggar comes to us for what we give. He is not having any love to us. Whereas a relative has not come for our food and facilities, he has come to see us. This shows the love.

        So, our approach to Lord should be with love and affection as relative but not like beggar, who approaches us only for satisfying the desires. We should not worship lord only to satisfy our desire. Prayers by words, meditation by mind and intelligence in spiritual discussions form a preliminary level of worship. The devotee should search for a Satguru or Lord in human form (like Jesus, Krishna and Prophet Mohammed) to learn the divine knowledge. After gaining the divine knowledge from the Lord in human form, at His directive only he should participate in His service in the mission.

        His mission is to uplift the human beings by preaching the divine knowledge. Service consists of donating money and physically participating in His mission of divine knowledge propagation. Such real service is the only proof of our real love towards Lord.

        We are serving our family by spending hard earned money for them and also serving physically. Where as when we come to Lord, we express our love by prayers, meditation and spiritual discussions only, which are given freely by Lord to everybody.

        Hence God is not even comparable to family members but in prayers we project Him on top. When you are asking the lord, are you not remembering about the slavery?

        Lord created this universe for the enjoyment without any selfish motive and we human beings are enjoying the creation. Like through nice parents, wife, children, beautiful nature consisting of pleasant looking mountains, rivers, sea, nature, changing weather etc.

        If we cannot please the Lord, the human life is incomplete. We serve our family members by spending our hard earned money and also physically. Are we not serving family as Servant, and these family members are nearly equal to us. Where as, Lord is omnipotent and requires no help from us, many times satisfied our desires, saved us from mishaps etc. and if we cannot bow our head in front of Him, it is very ridiculous. It is very great honour to serve Him, this is the path followed by His real devotees. These real devotees could overcome ego and always wants to serve Him as servant.

        Jesus preached the gospel and His followers participated in His mission as servants for further propagation of divine knowledge. These great devotees never hesitated to serve Lord Jesus and their names have also been known even today.

        at the lotus feet of shri datta swami

        surya

        === message truncated ===

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs