Free Will

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26, 2005
      You are not your thoughts. You are that which
      witnesses your thoughts. For instance, if you
      are thinking about money, you are not the money.
      If you are thinking about God, you are not God.
      If you are thinking about your enemy, you are not
      your enemy. You are that which can witness these thoughts.

      When you witness selfish, rude, mean, angry, bigoted,
      impatient, hateful or any other type of sad thought,
      you must simply ignore it or change it to a loving,
      peaceful, gracious, divine one to be happy.

      This is true free will. When we are not in touch with
      our inner Witness and are identified with our thoughts,
      we often suffer. When we witness our thoughts, we can
      control our reaction and choose actions that bring joy,
      peace, and love. Exercise this free will always and you
      will live happily ever after.

      This is one of the dozens of meditation concepts and techniques
      that can be found on our web site, Meditation Station:
      http://www.meditationsociety.com
    • dattapr2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 15, 2005
        dear friend

        Lord created the universe for entertainment. He has given free will
        to all the human beings to do whatever they like. But, the results
        will follow the deeds. So, He is indirectly controlling, that is to
        say that enjoyment for good deeds and misery for bad deeds. Misery
        is to bring realisation only and not to repeat the same bad deed.
        Otherwise, He is not responsible for one's deeds. There is nothing
        like His enjoying when one harms the other. He watches this as a
        cinema only.

        Most of the times, we misunderstand God and interpret wrongly. For
        proper understanding of Him, we should learn the divine knowledge
        and practice it. The true spiritual knowledge will be preached by
        Lord in human form only, like Jesus, Krishna and Prophet Mohammed.
        His mission is to uplift human beings by preaching the divine
        knowledge. We should participate in His mission as His servants
        without aspiring anything in return. The practical participation (in
        form of donating money and physically spending \by working) will
        only prove our devotion.

        Real love involves sacrifice. When we sacrifice ourselves and serve
        our kith-kin we are getting enjoyment. Our enjoyment comes with the
        enjoyment of our beloved, which clearly shows that the true love
        involves sacrifice.

        at the lotus feet of shri datta swami
        surya@...
        http://www.universal-spirituality.org