No longer about meditation and blood pressure...

  • Diana Woods
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 20, 2005
      Hi Tony,

      Yes, the book affected me deeply as I edited it and as I continue reading it...but then...I chose this writer to give my time and attention to because I want to be engaged with his message. What better way for me to learn from wisdom than to interact with it...  I was careful, recognizing the possibility of my leaving an imprint on another's words (when I work with students I don't feel that way but working with a spiritual writing made me careful not to inject myself into the writing).

      The edited book is a message about the illusion we call reality, about understanding the difference between our Selves and the stories we tell, about increasing awareness, and about practices to lead to peace and authentic power (and what it really is). Jonathan's upcoming book is called The Seven Empowerments and will be complete next year. This new condensed version is a great first step. Jonathan has been in a meditation retreat for the past week but when he returns home I will work with him on getting the condensed version available to the public. You can access his blog at http://www.feal.org/blog2/ Let me know what you think...
      For my meditation book, I am still looking for personal answers to the questions "Where Do You Meditate?" (like "I have a meditation room in the basement of my house" or "I meditate in my garden sitting next to the lilies" or "I have designated a corner of my bedroom as my space for meditation and I have a Buddha and several candles and chimes there"). And answers to the question "When Do You Meditate?" (like "first thing in the morning when I wake up and before I turn on the news" or "just before I go to sleep at night so I can slip into a peaceful sleep" or "I take a break in the middle of the day and step into the silence of the empty sanctuary next door to my office" (which is what I really do). I want real answers from real people to give an honest picture of the many times and places we step into this sacred space.

      Thanks for asking...

      I wish you blessings on your day.
      Diana

      Tony Osime <tony.osime@...> wrote:

      Hi Diana,

      Thanks for such a wonderful reply - it was definitely worth the wait.

      The book you edited sounds fascinating. Could you give us a little summary
      of the key message? Did you feel yourself change in any way as you edited
      the book?

      Your out of body experience also sounds fascinating. I had a few
      experiences. What I discovered was that my mind is sufficiently
      sophisticated to create the "appearance" of an out of body experience to the
      extent that I cannot quite tell the difference. In my case tiny details told
      me my experience was my creation rather than "reality". However, the
      experience helped me appreciate that even what we call "reality" is also our
      creation to a large extent - depending on how "conscious" you are. This
      might sound weird but what I am writing right now might actually be you
      writing yourself!

      Anyway - back to another reality.

      Your new book manuscript sounds interesting. Can we help you in any way?
      (Does that statement sound familiar?)

      Look forward to your reply...Tony

      Message: 1
         Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:58:46 -0700 (PDT)
         From: Diana Woods <spirit_first_org@...>
      Subject: Re: Meditation and blood pressure

      Hi Tony.

      Please forgive my delayed reply. I spent the past week editing a brand-new
      book (a condensed version of the full book coming out next year) called An
      Essential Guide to Peace and Authentic Power, a beautiful book by Jonathan
      Evatt, a young new writer from New Zealand. I am honored to have been part
      of such a lovely creation.

      The intensive meditation retreat that lead to such dramatic health results
      was a nine-day Avatar program with Star's Edge International. For me it was
      a nine-day retreat in the wilderness in the foothills of the Blue Ridge
      Mountains; I was the only student during that time and I had two masters
      training me. I believe the relevant factor was that I spent most of ten
      hours a day working on expanding consciousness (the doctrine or style of the
      program not being the key element). I spent almost all of my waking hours in
      some form of meditation or attempted meditation (which is in itself a
      meditation). On the last day of the program I experienced my first of what I
      believe I can call an "out of body" experience (though not truly out of body
      because while I was beyond my body, I was also within my body).

      After the nine-day course I discovered my severe lactose intolerance was
      gone (which was not even explored during that time).

      I am now developing a book manuscript called What Do You Do When You
      Meditate? that presents real-life personal stories of meditation experience.

      Thank you for your continued conversation in these pages...

      Diana

      http://mail.yahoo.com