Weekly Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 16, 2005
      "The ultimate goal is to find your Self. Don't give up;
      remember that goal always. Whatever you do, you should ask,
      `Am I approaching my goal of knowing my Self?' Keep that
      goal in mind while doing whatever you do: Karma Yoga,
      Bhakti Yoga, cleaning the house, serving people, answering
      the telephone. It doesn't matter what you are doing; those
      things are all outside. All those actions should help you
      to ultimately find yourself. Keep that in mind, and one day
      you will see the whole world as a heaven, because heaven
      and hell are of your making.

      God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      For more about Swamiji:
      http://www.swamisatchidananda.org
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 3, 2009
        What Makes You Beautiful?

        "The more you worry about your weight,
        the more sick you become. The worry itself
        causes increase in weight because many
        people eat a lot when they worry. The more
        you think of weight, the more weight you
        will have. As you think, so you become.
        Worry is the most dangerous disease. Keep
        the mind healthy always. If someone doesn't
        want to like you because of your weight, that
        person is interested only in your flesh, not
        in your qualities. What will make a person
        beautiful? The beauty of wisdom that dawns
        through tranquility of mind. We have enough
        troubles and worries. Yogis should not be
        bothered with weight issues. Let us think
        of more important things in life that could
        bring peace, joy and harmony.

        For more by and about Swamiji:
        http://yogaville.org/